The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Ohhhh nearly there, not too shabby for my first skin from scratch....still can't find the chinese logos and I'm loathe to hand draw them just in case I stuff up and cause a diplomatic incident ;)
View attachment 476587
I think it's the chinese translation of "Kone", at least partially:
1626446041749.png

As per their Chinese website.

The other two characters spell "elevators":
电梯

Edit: Just ran it through Google Translate and it looks right to me.

通力电梯

Last edited:
I think it's the chinese translation of "Kone", at least partially:
View attachment 488495
As per their Chinese website.

The other two characters spell "elevators":
电梯

Edit: Just ran it through Google Translate and it looks right to me.

通力电梯
Ohh ta, much appreciated :), will get on to it as soon as I finish remaking some of my old liveries and figuring out the new high class racing one as it's changed (again) to a rather splendid red chrome

View attachment 488073

Nearly done, bit of tweaking still needed but it's mainly sound and LODs (or LOD at least) still to do...my 'favourites' :p
Ooh, it's beautiful! There's a simple joy to driving these early grand prix cars; more manageable than stuff like the Auto Union C, but still with low enough grip to keep these cars a handful.

Now to find the time to do an 800-KM race in one of AC's many historic tracks once this car comes out.

Ooh, it's beautiful! There's a simple joy to driving these early grand prix cars; more manageable than stuff like the Auto Union C, but still with low enough grip to keep these cars a handful.

Now to find the time to do an 800-KM race in one of AC's many historic tracks once this car comes out.

I like the little winglets behind the front wheels, they're shaped like they might be (oddly placed) wings like on modern F1 cars but I suspect they might just be glorified mudguards, to stop the driver getting a face full of dirt and grit from the front wheels.

Sometimes I feel it's a bit of a drawback with these cars, that they don't have the raw power and whiplash acceleration of the 30s beasts, but the other side of that is that you can throw them around a bit more, drift through corners - braking late and then aiming directly at the apex so you scrub off speed as you drift around the corner is a very cool feeling when you get it right.

I like the little winglets behind the front wheels, they're shaped like they might be (oddly placed) wings like on modern F1 cars but I suspect they might just be glorified mudguards, to stop the driver getting a face full of dirt and grit from the front wheels.
Yeah, I doubt there's much aerodynamic benefit to those winglets, if any. After all, this was still very much a pre-downforce era of motorsport design, where car designers were still hyper-focused on the philosophy of "thinner car+teardrop shape=less drag, therefore better top-speed and straight-line acceleration."

I think if they serve any sort of aerodynamic purpose, it's to keep the wake of the spinning wheels off of the bodywork of the car; something like an early version of the Alfa Aerodinamica.

1626521933976.png

Hello, i would like to ask if anybody has a clue how to generate downforce in assetto corsa that is not speed dependable. So if the car generates 500kg of downforce this downforce should remain 500kg from 1km/h to 500km/h (lets say). A good example is the Chaparral 2J.
Thank you in advance

Hello, i would like to ask if anybody has a clue how to generate downforce in assetto corsa that is not speed dependable. So if the car generates 500kg of downforce this downforce should remain 500kg from 1km/h to 500km/h (lets say). A good example is the Chaparral 2J.
Thank you in advance

I'd say it's not possible, but closest you get is with an aeromap (extented physics) that has a downforce multiplier for every km/h value.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 116 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.1%