The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The "road course" for a 1/2 mile oval is naturally pretty limited in scope... you do turn right once. (and left twice)
dPCj4ya.jpg

That layout's only for karts though.

A baby is born!
All is done but lods.
I dunno if physics is so realistic, some data i found was good, suspensions are the main problem.
For sure it run very nice and really fun to drive. My mini challenge's man is very happy with the result.
James Gornall, last mini uk challenge's champion, was so kind to give me all the setup possibilites for car and by rules. So excited to see it running in a league

__custom_showroom_1574547011.jpg
__custom_showroom_1574547081.jpg
__custom_showroom_1574547666.jpg
__custom_showroom_1574361267.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness! Minilites!! I pondered asking you to do these wheels but I knew you were already super busy. This is grand! Truly !!

oh i see what you're doing
and i raise you

well it's not ready but... ok...
bo_minilite2.gif

if i didn't waste time doing a gif, it'd be ready by now :x

ysjjDcK.jpg

Just kinda doing the gravel and grass around the track, trying to resist the pull to put too much detail into small stuff far away from the circuit.
sTBAX5p.jpg

This is the planned extent of it, out to the treeline in directions where that's feasible. The road to the north goes over a hill so I just grabbed that up to the top of the hill.

Here's a problem, (maybe?)
My mini is finished, will be racing a league on january, and only the league boys will have it ( it's like a premium league)
Then, I would like very much to give it to the community, free. World need a good and updated Mini Challenge.
Problem is i started workin on a pre-exising model, that league organiser bought on Hum3d.
Found no info on their site about a similar thing. Well, people have no right to use my work in theory, so no one can use my model, and so original model is safe, but...

Hum3d models are allowed for public modding no issues. I have explicitly asked them about game usage and they are fine with it. As long as it has been purchased by the team of course

Well, they also offer game-ready services, like poly optimisations and so on, so i suppose yes.
Wanna know even about RD TOS, but i saw some mod here based on bought 3d models

Wanna know even about RD TOS, but i saw some mod here based on bought 3d models
I basically gets handled like this: If you have permission from the original creator of the model or physics it's fine to post it on RaceDepartment. So if Hum3d allow to mod they stuff and also allow releasing those modded cars there shouldn't be an issue.

Did wheels tonight, they look pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Wheel 1125 1.PNG

The thick rear wheels, thankfully the inner spokes are the same on the front and back. :D

Wheel 1125.PNG

A close up on the inside. The poly count is a little less because the front wheel needed a little less detail on the inboard side than the rears. Optimization is a little on the poor side, as I'm told, but I'm happy with it. What next?

DqAkaOJ.jpg

Terrain continues to progress, this is probably gonna be the only track camera, high in the middle of the stands. It looks out over the bowl the track's in and sees across the river. Might splurge and do a long and short lens version of it.
bfD5sIG.jpg

The only two holes south of the river are structures, gotta wait for the tutorial to get to those I suppose.
c1MILmf.jpg

It doesn't all need to be drivable terrain but whatever. Sightline goes two ways, from the hill you can see turn 4 so exiting turn 4 you see the hill through trees.

Interestingly the lidar shows up something not really at all visible on Google Maps anymore, the highway used to cross the river in a different spot and it's still got remnants of the grading for that.
laEXD0z.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes