The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Ops i did it again...

They offer me a commissioned work. Build a car for a championship in january.
This time all is different again, because i'm starting with a hi poly 3d model in my hands. ( they bought it )
At this time, i dunno really if workin on a existing model is a good thing, i had to unsubdivide it, and it went good,
but modifing it isn't so funny.
BTW is the MINI JCW, for the challenge. Starting model is a huge 1M triangles Mini cooper S, obviously F56, last model.

View attachment 334144
View attachment 334145
Nice! I see small discrepancies so far. The upper part of rear lights appear to be a bit too rounded. Both the rims around the front and rear headlights are a bit too slim. Also the indents on the lower part of front bumperette (the one integrated with front grill) appear to be a bit too deep. However they are always black so maybe it’s hard to tell. Door handles seem quite flat but perhaps it has something to do with the competition version. Idk.
Otherwise it looks really good.
Sorry for being so nitpicky but I happen to drive f56 cooper myself. If you need some reference photos or something let me know ;)
Edit: Oh, and the front lights are way more convex irl.

Rouen :sneaky:
rouen1.jpg
rouen2.jpg

Nice! I see small discrepancies so far. The upper part of rear lights appear to be a bit too rounded. Both the rims around the front and rear headlights are a bit too slim. Also the indents on the lower part of front bumperette (the one integrated with front grill) appear to be a bit too deep. However they are always black so maybe it’s hard to tell. Door handles seem quite flat but perhaps it has something to do with the competition version. Idk.
Otherwise it looks really good.
Sorry for being so nitpicky but I happen to drive f56 cooper myself. If you need some reference photos or something let me know ;)
Edit: Oh, and the front lights are way more convex irl.

Thanks for feedback,
damn! i really wished that the original hi poly model was perfect, but seems not!

Looks good but don't overdo it, a few balloons is ok :laugh:
See, you really shouldn't go around putting ideas like that in my head...

Screenshot_legion_vuhl_05_auto_union_ring_13-11-119-12-33-6.jpg

:p

Little teaser on the track building series project. Will likely Have Episode 2 up sometime this weekend showing some of the processes to get to this point. Also the bumps you see were picked up from the data. I have not added anything into the surface yet. Overall it drives pretty nice. Just hard to know where you are with no lines or details anywhere.

Still plugging away on this. I had thought about trying to get the LT wheels onto the short tail with a .kn5 injection, but that's too much fiddling and I wouldn't be able to release it here, so instead I've also done up a LT version of the livery.

New issue; the surface finish is different. Using CM I've had a look at the shader settings and compared both cars. Aside from the shadow bias setting they're identical (and after changing that to be the same, the discrepancy is still there). Anyone have any idea what might be happening here? The two liveries are set up identically, diffuse and map files. Biggest area of difference is the matte black on the cockpit, and the lack of chrome on the side of the LT.

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%