The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Armco geometry is too detailed.

Keep your geo simple and average the normals. Any hard edges with normals will cause the moire effect you see there.

Example hard normal edges like this will cause the moire issue.

Tested it this way and it definitely looks much better :thumbsup:

5dd45309f1cdb-__custom_showroom_1574195809.jpg

As @Stereo said, subtle changes.
Vcvf8RX.jpg

Og438cs.jpg

This is what metallic paint in AC used to look like:
ZlgNuFR.jpg

OcZKdyK.jpg

What settings do you have for the paint material? I've also been trying to recreate metallic paint lately 'cause I never liked how Assetto handles it, yours looks really nice:
Screenshot_acr_audi_tt_32_quattro_dsg_acf_shanghainfs_11-11-119-15-58-19.jpg
Screenshot_acr_audi_tt_32_quattro_dsg_acf_shanghainfs_11-11-119-15-59-20.jpg
Screenshot_acr_audi_tt_32_quattro_dsg_acf_shanghainfs_11-11-119-16-1-15.jpg

In my attempts I basically cheated with the Chameleon carpaint in the .ini file, but I'm trying to replicate that unique sheen from silbergrau metallic paint, with mixed results.

I'm trying to figure out what the barriers on this section of track are made of, anyone happen to be familiar with this type of concrete block? I'd guess some sorta portable wall since they have the hook in them. They're shorter than the normal Jersey barriers the outside uses. (maybe 45-50cm tall, maybe more depending how far they're buried on the side facing the track.) And at an estimate, 4 feet long.
QOpLfHx.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what the barriers on this section of track are made of, anyone happen to be familiar with this type of concrete block? I'd guess some sorta portable wall since they have the hook in them. They're shorter than the normal Jersey barriers the outside uses. (maybe 45-50cm tall, maybe more depending how far they're buried on the side facing the track.) And at an estimate, 4 feet long.
QOpLfHx.jpg
I think the term is retaining wall

I'm trying to figure out what the barriers on this section of track are made of, anyone happen to be familiar with this type of concrete block?

Oh, yeah, we got zillions of them out here in Oregon and Washington. They're stackable retaining wall blocks made of concrete. Do you want exact measurements? The close view of yours show a rather tall V compared to the ones around here. Ours are smooth-faced rather than the rough-face @Ghoults has pictured in the video.

Ironically, I've never seen the blocks stacked as a wall.

As has been alluded to by the other post I made, I decided to follow along with LilSki's track-making tutorial to hopefully figure out some tips by building my own small circuit. This is Delaware Speedway, my local 1/2 mile oval track
NRtLDbr.jpg

Well I think I'm one video ahead of what's been posted but nonetheless. Fully temporary textures.
QyWXAQf.jpg

Plenty more painted lines for me to lay down while I wait for future videos... also making more pit spots/starting grid since I have 1 of each.

After weeks of searching the internet and procrastinating, I embark on poorly trying to bring the Toyota 7 into AC. Since I can't model in 3dsMax worth anything yet, I tried to model a wheel in Inventor. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.
Wheel.PNG
Wheel.jpg

Edit: Thankfully, I can throw things into 3dsMax, so here's that. Maybe it can be useful for an LOD or something. Or not, since it's 9k polys and horribly optimized.
Wheel Wireframe.PNG

Last edited:
After weeks of searching the internet and procrastinating, I embark on poorly trying to bring the Toyota 7 into AC. Since I can't model in 3dsMax worth anything yet, I tried to model a wheel in Inventor. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.
View attachment 335805View attachment 335806

Edit: Thankfully, I can throw things into 3dsMax, so here's that. Maybe it can be useful for an LOD or something. Or not, since it's 9k polys and horribly optimized.
View attachment 335814
good luck and have fun with this mate
you're on the big boy table now

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back