The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

uVD2tJ5.jpg

Z0G0bRF.jpg

There's a beer garden on several terraces, I think that's why the concrete is so complicated... I've obviously left all the stairs as ramps to make it easier to build out the geometry. The aerial LIDAR had the various elevations marked out fairly well but to +- a metre or so for their edges so I used a handy drone shot to neaten stuff up.

Funny story, the building's using the same concrete texture, it's just not uv unwrapped and happens to be on a brown pixel. It's just there temporarily to get the drone shot aligned to the lidar.

I don't want to get ahead of the tutorials so I'm leaving it and working on some other projects for now.

Last edited:
I've also been messing around with track stuff, just spent some time on this grandstand. Needs to be a bit flexible with UVs etc because there are a fair few grandstands of the same 'style', but not the same size/number of seats etc etc, so quite happy with how it should work for that.

unknown.png

Also needed to make sure the rear wasn't too plain, as it'll be the backdrop for the paddock kart track!
unknown.png

unknown.png

Ladies and gentlemen!:)
I'm searching somebody, who has affinity to work with me on bigger car, track, or skin projects.
If you think, it's interesting, please write me. I would be very happy.

I've also been messing around with track stuff, just spent some time on this grandstand. Needs to be a bit flexible with UVs etc because there are a fair few grandstands of the same 'style', but not the same size/number of seats etc etc, so quite happy with how it should work for that.

unknown.png

Also needed to make sure the rear wasn't too plain, as it'll be the backdrop for the paddock kart track!
unknown.png

unknown.png

The undetailed wedge on my track is looking much less promising right now. :|

Great stuff!

q8OcSWR.jpg

Tried a few options, didn't like some of them, current chain status is:
part on the sprocket spins
straight parts don't move (but are hard to see except with F7 anyway)

Needs intake and exhaust work, textures, then physics, then release

Would it be possible to employ the STFlow shader to fake the chain moving?

q937RF5.jpg

Added twin Mikuni carbs, I forget if I mentioned that it got an upgrade to 20" tall rear tires but it'll do 180km/h downhill on the Nordschleife which feels very fast with a 1.7m wheelbase and 3 inches of crumple zone before it hits your feet.
You don't need crumple zone if you don't make mistakes. ;)

1575313880293.png

1575314721212.png

I didnt think I'd ever be contributing to this thread again but heres something. Remember WSGT2, well its coming, granted a little later then expected. I know not everyone likes how our group(Chivas) does things but we are improving with every release and now we have access to a lot of scratch made models that I hope a lot of you are looking forward to.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea