The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Hey Guys...after a few hectic months away from modding and welcoming our beautiful little girl into the world.....I'm looking for a new project....I want to start a new scratch track project....though I'm struggling to find a track I want to work on.....any suggestions you guys have that might spark the immigration would be appreciated..... classic or current...I'm not fussed...would be nice to have a go a my first proper lidar....jim
Dunno but there's plenty of British tracks (with good elevation changes) that only exist as old conversions.

Hey Guys...after a few hectic months away from modding and welcoming our beautiful little girl into the world.....I'm looking for a new project....I want to start a new scratch track project....though I'm struggling to find a track I want to work on.....any suggestions you guys have that might spark the immigration would be appreciated..... classic or current...I'm not fussed...would be nice to have a go a my first proper lidar....jim
Congrats on the little girl Jim! Trois Riviers is a nice street circuit in Quebec, Canada, and I believe there is Lidar available.

Dunno but there's plenty of British tracks (with good elevation changes) that only exist as old conversions.
Do you have any favourites...plus only really interested in redoing new versions 'if there is lidar....I know that the Oulton and snetterton that are out in the wild are pretty damn
accurate already..

Hey Guys...after a few hectic months away from modding and welcoming our beautiful little girl into the world.....I'm looking for a new project....I want to start a new scratch track project....though I'm struggling to find a track I want to work on.....any suggestions you guys have that might spark the imagination would be appreciated..... classic or current...I'm not fussed...would be nice to have a go a my first proper lidar....jim
Do this:
I can help you with some of the buildings and other assets once I've finished my current project.

Hey Guys...after a few hectic months away from modding and welcoming our beautiful little girl into the world.....I'm looking for a new project....I want to start a new scratch track project....though I'm struggling to find a track I want to work on.....any suggestions you guys have that might spark the imagination would be appreciated..... classic or current...I'm not fussed...would be nice to have a go a my first proper lidar....jim

Congrats on the little one, Jim! I don't know how you parents do it; I just adopted a puppy 3 weeks ago and that's hard enough! :|

As for new projects, I'd love to see Circuit Mont-Tremblant done well (seriously undervalued and under used circuit). It's got some great elevation changes and spectacular scenery. If you're in the mood for something classic, a good version of Westwood would be pretty nifty, too!

Heya mate,

Congratz :cool:

How about a street course?
Such as Toronto maybe?
*duck*

I'd also love to see Toronto done (the repaved 2018 or 2019 version, ideally, so my wheel doesn't eat my rig for breakfast :D). It's actually quite a great circuit, don't let the overhead map fool you. Turn 3 is quite unique and the view into T1 is great. I used to live a block east of the grounds; walking to work Friday morning of Indy weekend was really hard when I could hear the Indy Lights on their practice runs :D

As for new projects, I'd love to see Circuit Mont-Tremblant done well (seriously undervalued and under used circuit). It's got some great elevation changes and spectacular scenery. If you're in the mood for something classic, a good version of Westwood would be pretty nifty, too!

Very much agree. Mont Tremblant is one of our most historic circuits. A few months back I discovered Westwood and fell in love. Splendid circuit!

Congrats on the addition to your family!
Now on to more selfish matters... Bern ePrix? :geek:

Very much agree. Mont Tremblant is one of our most historic circuits. A few months back I discovered Westwood and fell in love. Splendid circuit!
Well, I'm actually working on a 60's version of Mt-Tremblant (for the last couple of years in fact)!!! https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/circuit-mont-tremblant-st-jovite-1969.1201/
I should be starting a thread here at RD at some point.
The track is really coming to life, but still a lot to do (such as proper ground texture, a few building, trees)
Here are a few screenshots, but please be patient! All I can say is that the track is coming to AC.

Screenshot_ks_lotus_72d_mt-tremblant_69_14-5-119-0-12-31.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lotus_72d_mt-tremblant_69_14-5-119-0-9-53.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lotus_72d_mt-tremblant_69_14-5-119-0-8-35.jpg

Last edited:
Trois Rivieres is a nice street circuit in Quebec, Canada, and I believe there is Lidar available.
Lidar is available, but for about 60% of the track ... and a cost. Maybe after Tremblant.
Westwood would also be fantastic, but there's nothing left of the track today, no lidar... so lots of guesswork.

Mid Ohio is a glaring hole in the AC track list IMO, Lime Rock Park also. There is a short discussion on exactly this topic here at RD. @LilSki says there is data for the track(s?). I'd love to see either of these. :thumbsup:

Edit: sorry for the OT. I missed the comment above. :redface:

Last edited:
I'm working on adding optional helicopters and billboard skins to some other tracks after getting positive feedback (and new requests) from the ones I've already done, and I'll be doing these as new separate track layouts to preserve the integrity of the original models.ini and eliminate online checksum errors (thanks again for the suggestion, @LilSki).
I don't do these additions for the kudos or adulation, I do them for personal reasons because they're something I'd like in the game and it's fun to do, which I imagine is what fuels most of you too. We then spend time preparing them for upload in case anyone else might also appreciate them.
That doesn't stop reviews like this from feeling like a little kick in the nuts though, lol.

Capture.JPG

I agree wholeheartedly. I too make my stuff primarily for me (and only really share it here because it feels selfish not to), and constructive criticism is vital to becoming better at what I do, but to read a review like that, devoid of any usefulness or purpose is just irritating. With so many mods available for AC now, it's only reasonable for people to try stuff out based on the mods' ratings, and a 1 star rating like that could seriously lower your average, and the possibility that other people might try it out (I think I'd ask for it to be removed, or re-reviewed sensibly, if it was me).

I'm still plodding on with my Fonteny track, trying to get some environmental feeling and atmosphere into the first 5km, and it's starting to come together :) (if this track gets released, there will be NO free beer - let's just make that clear right now! :laugh: )

RUWrrho.jpg

xTt2O68.jpg

vM1xgoS.jpg

imsmD2o.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back