The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

tDmLIMC.jpg

We do see the full grid on the distance!
It's starting to look french. And by french i mean fantastic :D
The feel of this track is going to be yet another uniquely-immersive-fat-alfie-experience!

Very nice and great modeling, but I don't want to criticize anything else, since I most certainly just have different way of thinking (also no one here will agree anyway :D). Respectfully.

I already know what you are going to say ;) :laugh:

Feel free to criticise / comment. I am not so precious about my projects that I can not bear to hear anything bad said against them :thumbsup: Especially not this project, which I consider my own personal playground (rather than a serious project for all).

The main place that looks funny to me is under the trees but i suppose that'll get some AO attention once they're all planted. And I'm starting to realize I live in some weirdly moist climate cause whenever I talk about trees I want them greener and with thicker undergrowth

These are a few WIP shots from inside the ksEditor of my 26km French track. I am slowly working my round, adding buildings, fences, walls, hedges and higher-resolution trees. It's a slow process (I just got to the 2km marker :giggle: ) but I think it is starting to come together. It's turning into exactly what I wanted, when I first started thinking about a long, rural, vintage race track :inlove: Once a week I treat myself to a 5 lap race in the Lotus 49 against the AI :laugh:

jrPl9Xk.jpg

Xflfh8j.jpg

tDmLIMC.jpg

E9Z9GmH.jpg

p54TcKL.jpg

Looking brilliant. As always :)

The main place that looks funny to me is under the trees but i suppose that'll get some AO attention once they're all planted. And I'm starting to realize I live in some weirdly moist climate cause whenever I talk about trees I want them greener and with thicker undergrowth

I agree completely. At this point in time the only vegetation present are low-poly trees in the distance (65,000), a few higher-poly trees (about 600 so far), and a few hedges. I don't think a track like this starts to look alive until you start to add all the various other vegetation and grasses. Unfortunately I am still adjusting the terrain next to the road as I work my way around the track, so I can't really add any 3D grass / vegetation yet as it would have to be re-done in the future :(

It's current state is a huge improvement on the tarmac and grass ribbon floating in thin air that it was until a couple of months ago :laugh:

Dunno if this is again a common technique I missed so far, but I found a way to mirror objects that don't have their origin on the respective 0 of the axis (like suspension parts)
Place an object right on 0,0,0 and select it as "Mirror Object"
1.jpg

I used three planes here, on per direction (like in catia), but a single one will work I guess. Just make sure its scale and rotation have been applied.

Last edited:
These are a few WIP shots from inside the ksEditor of my 26km French track. I am slowly working my round, adding buildings, fences, walls, hedges and higher-resolution trees. It's a slow process (I just got to the 2km marker :giggle: ) but I think it is starting to come together. It's turning into exactly what I wanted, when I first started thinking about a long, rural, vintage race track :inlove: Once a week I treat myself to a 5 lap race in the Lotus 49 against the AI :laugh:
That looks amazing. Can't wait to take the 250F around that :whistling:

You could leave the parts right next to the edge projected so the alignment is perfect and fudge the rest of the shape so it looks good. Unless that's harder than it sounds, never tried doing anything like that

ifSy8GS.jpg

tried projection painting it, looks awful. might end up actually shelving this whole thing if i cant figure it out.

You could leave the parts right next to the edge projected so the alignment is perfect and fudge the rest of the shape so it looks good. Unless that's harder than it sounds, never tried doing anything like that

That's pretty much how I'd do it. Leave the projected part on the hood as is, then use the projected part on the fender as a guide for placing and distorting the logo on the 2D template. You're likely going to have to do a little manual touch-up to get a perfect match

Hey Guys...after a few hectic months away from modding and welcoming our beautiful little girl into the world.....I'm looking for a new project....I want to start a new scratch track project....though I'm struggling to find a track I want to work on.....any suggestions you guys have that might spark the imagination would be appreciated..... classic or current...I'm not fussed...would be nice to have a go a my first proper lidar....jim

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Forum trophies