The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

With so many mods available for AC now, it's only reasonable for people to try stuff out based on the mods' ratings, and a 1 star rating like that could seriously lower your average, and the possibility that other people might try it out (I think I'd ask for it to be removed, or re-reviewed sensibly, if it was me).
For a while that one-star review was the only one, but the average is now slowly creeping up. Not a lot of people leave reviews though. I don't know if mods would look at this as an inappropriate review and do anything about it or not. I've had low reviews before because people can't find the track, so by their own admission they haven't even tried the very mod that they're reviewing :roflmao:.
People are strange.

I'm still plodding on with my Fonteny track, trying to get some environmental feeling and atmosphere into the first 5km, and it's starting to come together :) (if this track gets released, there will be NO free beer - let's just make that clear right now! :laugh: )
That's a really, really good idea, because free beer and this track are a surefire way to get yourself killed. #DontDrinkAndDrive :whistling:

So many of the AC mod reviews are trash. I suspect that many base their review on their emotional reaction to the mod versus the actual quality of the mod. They see their home track posted and immediately give it a 5 star review, regardless of the fact that the build quality and in many cases these mods don't even rate a single star. There was a track posted recently with 5 star reviews. I downloaded said track, launched it in AC and shook my head. Its a two star track at best unless the modder continues updating the track. Although I suspect it won't evolve much past its current quality level. 5 star reviews should be a reasonably rare thing, it should be reserved for the best of the best, a quality example for other modders to aspire to.

Your helo mod took quite a bit of effort and figuring out, it deserves nothing less than a 4 star review. I've yet to check it out although looking at the screenshots I'd give it a 5 star rating.

There you go - I've just given you a beer anyway.

beer.JPG

;)

I agree wholeheartedly. I too make my stuff primarily for me (and only really share it here because it feels selfish not to), and constructive criticism is vital...
Well, I for one am incredibly glad that you do (both create tracks and share them). While I haven't been able to drive much lately due to other obligations, when I do it's almost always on one of your creations. And this particular beauty has taken the lead, it's literally the only track I've driven since the end of last year, save some time spent on DLR when it was released (and a few rounds of BBR). I've crashed more times and in a wider variety of vehicles on this baby than any other circuit by far...and I still keep going back for more. Forever in pursuit of a perfect lap here, the challenge has become a bit of an addiction and you're my "pusher man". :D

BTW, nice choice of ride there. Testing on Fonteny has given me a whole new appreciation of the 917K, it's become one of my favorites thanks to you. :thumbsup:

EDIT: For the record, if I'm not driving one of Fat-Alfie's creations, I'll likely be found on LilSki's Bridgehampton and Watkins Glen, Goodwood Circuit by mantasisg and probably Sandevoerde by Sergio Loro. There are a few others but the names escape me at the moment. Got to give credit where it's due, though oddly I don't think I've "officially" reviewed any of these creations on RD. Maybe that's a bad thing, but I suppose it's because I've seen many glowing reviews of mods I personally didn't find the least bit impressive as well as poor reviews of mods I thought were excellent, which to me diminishes the validity and importance of reviews in general. People and tastes vary so greatly in this global community (which is a good thing) and in the end it could come down to the user's ability to read and follow instructions or install the thing properly, which surely isn't the fault of the developer. I also figure that, while I may not care for a particular mod, it certainly doesn't diminish the fact that it might be the author's first attempt at modding and maybe they put a lot of effort into it and did their best. As someone who's done nothing but a few skins, who am I to pee on their campfire? What have I to offer? Or maybe their mod just isn't my thing. For instance, I couldn't give a rat's hairy hind quarters for anything related to drifting, but that's just me and I know it's a popular form of motorsport with a lot of people. Feel free to lambaste me for all this, but I've seen the topic of reviews come up in a number of threads here on RD and felt I should elaborate a bit from a user's viewpoint since I offered such a warm commentary above of Fat-Alfie's stuff. :)

Last edited:
Oh boy. Here we go.. again.. :cautious:

4udMlZ8.png

Working on yet another rust bucket. Only this side of the car edited so far.. Some bits don't even meet up yet.
Very, very much a W.I.P.

What happened to the car though? It's not on RD anymore (as far as I can tell). :cry:

Oh boy. Here we go.. again.. :cautious:

4udMlZ8.png

Working on yet another rust bucket. Only this side of the car edited so far.. Some bits don't even meet up yet.
Very, very much a W.I.P.

What happened to the car though? It's not on RD anymore (as far as I can tell). :cry:

I gather from the mod support thread that it was determined to be a rip from another sim. Nice skin, though...always like your "wear and tear" workmanship. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back