The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Going in-game later...lots of new interior parts and body changes to test plus reworked suspension data. Keep ya posted when I fly off the track.

pWtQ8gY.jpg

With all the body kits and rims available this stock style still looks the best IMO.

WOW whats the issue, some crazy typo for backwards aero lift ? Does AC simulate lift differently when going backwards ? Or is it some sort of crazy suspension thing going on when going backwards ?:D

Apparently Mini Cooper physics are challenging to make lol, this time in GTS:
Not my video, I never DL’d the car...but I hear it has like 86% of its weight at the front.

I don't find it attractive to look at, no, but then... people have very different tastes. My wife, for example, found me attractive enough to marry, so... :laugh:

@mantasisg
Not too bad, looks plausible. When doing full fantasy cars (currently tinkering one again too) I always keep the logical layout of drivetrain, passenger compartments, crash structure/cage etc in mind. Like in your case there I'd wonder how and what engine fits on the front, or if it's at the rather long rear end instead.

Hmm, the main things I don't like are the headlights and the wheel arch.
LANCIAThema-3395_2.jpg

Does somewhat depend on the era but generally you have a couple inches clearance all around the tire on stock cars, with a bit extra above the front tire (since it needs to be able to steer under compression)

As for the headlights it's fine if they're square in a single plane but with the fender curves meeting them like that it's probably better to alter the outer/upper edges at least.
ead0ea41d7c62d7e678da80726cd3de8.jpg

eg. Noble M600 has pretty square lights for a modern car, but the outside edge follows the fender and the upper edge has a bit of an angle to improve the car's facial expression.

I'd say it's probably also better to have a square hood than S shaped edges, if you want a little extra width near the windshield you could do something like the 240Z does and have extra access hatch accents. This is probably only useful because it has such a long hood though, yours stops closer to the front wheel so it doesn't really have that spare space behind the wheel tub.
s-l1000.jpg

Actually I am working on my preview pictures for all skins.
Which preview do you like more?

I prefer 1 for two reasons:

- A car moving left to right looks more natural to me (something about how we read in that direction our brain is more 'comfortable' with it, subconsciously).
- Second one looks slightly tilted clockwise for some reason (optical illusion I think), which would make seeing several of them on the car selection page a bit strange to the eye (if you were to use that preview style for ever car/livery in the game).
- Ok I lied, three reasons: I like the darker background. Fits the menus a bit better.

- A car moving left to right looks more natural to me (something about how we read in that direction our brain is more 'comfortable' with it, subconsciously).
I'm the opposite! :D I prefer them pointing to the left

Though for me I think that comes from drawing them - start at the front (left) and sweep towards the rear (right) without smudging the lines (for a right handed person anyway)

I'm the opposite! :D I prefer them pointing to the left

Though for me I think that comes from drawing them - start at the front (left) and sweep towards the rear (right) without smudging the lines (for a right handed person anyway)

I usually draw my side profiles the same, as well as my blueprints, so maybe there goes my left-to-right theory?

Brains are stupid :p

@mantasisg
Not too bad, looks plausible. When doing full fantasy cars (currently tinkering one again too) I always keep the logical layout of drivetrain, passenger compartments, crash structure/cage etc in mind. Like in your case there I'd wonder how and what engine fits on the front, or if it's at the rather long rear end instead.

Yesterday I thought much more about practicality, today it is more about looks. Also haven't decided yesterday if rear engined, or mid rear engined. Decided to go for midrearengined as usual, so also could make the rear shorter, not sure about the size of drivetrain, probably would put I6 engine transversely.

NSX and 918 made behbehs

Definitely came into my mind as well. It is interesting, when you don't even try to copy anything, you still end up being similar to something. Today it is probably Gallardo instead of 918.

Does somewhat depend on the era but generally you have a couple inches clearance all around the tire on stock cars, with a bit extra above the front tire (since it needs to be able to steer under compression)

As for the headlights it's fine if they're square in a single plane but with the fender curves meeting them like that it's probably better to alter the outer/upper edges at least.

eg. Noble M600 has pretty square lights for a modern car, but the outside edge follows the fender and the upper edge has a bit of an angle to improve the car's facial expression.

I'd say it's probably also better to have a square hood than S shaped edges, if you want a little extra width near the windshield you could do something like the 240Z does and have extra access hatch accents. This is probably only useful because it has such a long hood though, yours stops closer to the front wheel so it doesn't really have that spare space behind the wheel tub.

Good advices. Thank you, I think the car is better today. Though it is also much smaller, much shorter and much narrower now.

tkIgiqw.jpg

PeyzATx.jpg

2UKZjlu.jpg

KOZKpPa.jpg

Yesterday I thought much more about practicality, today it is more about looks. Also haven't decided yesterday if rear engined, or mid rear engined. Decided to go for midrearengined as usual, so also could make the rear shorter, not sure about the size of drivetrain, probably would put I6 engine transversely.

Definitely came into my mind as well. It is interesting, when you don't even try to copy anything, you still end up being similar to something. Today it is probably Gallardo instead of 918.

Good advices. Thank you, I think the car is better today. Though it is also much smaller, much shorter and much narrower now.

tkIgiqw.jpg

PeyzATx.jpg

2UKZjlu.jpg

KOZKpPa.jpg
You were fast to update!!
The front nose was bothering me, now it's gone and much nicer :)
The proportion of the rear is still a bit long to me, for "no reason" like no spoiler or feature justify that long end
i was gonna say, it's also a bit too wide, the lights are rather huge, and the wheels are too small etc.
you can scratch all that :D i found the solution to it all at once.
I tried to increase by 20% the wheels in toshop quickly :
upload_2019-6-9_16-9-29.png

ok maybe 20 is a tad too much but to me - and that's all about taste isn't it, Fat-alfie's wife would know - to me, it's looking much more solid and coherent proportions wise :)

Looks like whole car suddenly got extremely small, rather than wheels became very big :D

Currently front wheels are about 57cm diameter, and rear wheels are about 62cm diameter. Looks much more muscular indeed, but I wonder how it would negatively affect space and weight.

Perhaps could try to achieve similar proportions by reducing car size a little, and at the same time increasing wheels size a little.

Length - about 440 cm, Width - about 206cm, Height with ground clearance about 120cm, Wheelbase about 255cm. Car is certainly quite wide, but it is three seater though :D But Mclaren F1 is 182cm in width, 429cm in length, and 114cm in height. About 4 percent shorter, almost 10 percent narrower, 5 percent less tall. Of course my fantasy car is not a mega expensive ultra hyper supercar. I like the idea of getting it narrower though. It would mean for less weight, more weight transfer, and lower inertia, more driving dynamics. Mclaren F1 was known to be a bit twitchy due to its low polar inertia, so perhaps it went a bit extreme with that. Not as crazy as Lancia Stratos though :D

You could look at some real cars with similar weight and power as your car and just pick the same size tires and wheels as those real cars use. As for the visual appearance I think the rear lights could be a lot better. Being a performance car I'd expect more distinctive looks. Other issue is the bonnet edge. Making it narrower at the front would make it look more streamlined. If you look at 918 bonnet you notice how its edges support the shape of the front and add a sort of sharp edge shape on the areas over the tires.

As for the car itself the first image that came to my mind is a modern interpretation of porsche 914.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%