The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Now I know how unappreciative bricks sim racers can be. I got one star review for updating a car too frequently, lol. It's not like I have herd of testers, all of them AC physics experts, reporting me of any mistakes before an upload. I just like to fix something as soon as I as spot it. Must be really frustrating to download all the free content.

Final Version of the skin cause I dont know how to make the driver names bent. Any help is appreciated :)
preview.jpg

boring details. but just finishing up my 3d grass layers.. grass planes every 10/20 cm in every direction :ninja: the furry track with correctly scaled grass is what it is.
6mVG2UI.jpg

implementing cut grass next, this is just an image from 3dmax so far. should work good (I hope)..
sNWv3Uz.jpg

edit: might as well post this too. adding the exaggerated animation just allows you to see the richness of the geometry over my trees and grass. of course we don't want a wobbly world at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Using particles and array modifier?
No. I utilize the Data Transfer modifier. First off all my armco curves have the same exact location of origin. This allows me to have all the armco objects be in the same exact location. I just have assign to the correct curve.

Here you can see the original on the left with the one with modified UV maps.
unknown.png

Using data transfer you can send the UV maps from one to the other like this.
unknown.png

So what I do is make a 500 long array of this object. I apply that array and make sure merge is unchecked when applying. I then go into edit mode and random select some faces.
upload_2019-1-1_1-42-50.png

I then hold ctrl + to select all around it. This is why it is important to leave merge unchecked. It leaves the vertices unwelded so it only goes to the end of the panel.
upload_2019-1-1_1-44-21.png

You then manually move the UVs of the selected areas around until you use all of them. Here is the texture
upload_2019-1-1_1-45-50.png

Here you can see I used all of the sections in the UV map.
upload_2019-1-1_1-46-40.png

So now you have a very long section of armco with all random panels. You then go to your armco on the curves and apply any array modifier but you can leave it on the curve and leave any displacement modifiers you might have.

Run the data transfer modifier and you use the long object you just made as your target which is at the same exact location as all of your armco objects that are attached to curves. And you turn this

upload_2019-1-1_1-49-26.png

Into this
upload_2019-1-1_1-50-16.png

Data transfer mod settings
upload_2019-1-1_1-52-37.png

Last edited:
That's cool. I really appreciate the time and effort to put it all into pictures too.

The way I've done it is to just create like 20 different pieces of guardrail pieces then make a group of them. Then I create a plane that is same length as the wall pieces. Add array modifier on the plane and make it as long as you want your wall to be. Apply array modifier. Then add particle system on the arrayed plane:
https://i.imgur.com/qWlmuqe.png
I'd guess the biggest weakness of this is that you need to apply modifiers and particles before it follows the curve modifier in the end so it can not be adjusted after its done. But you can also have lots of different pieces.

That's cool. I really appreciate the time and effort to put it all into pictures too.

The way I've done it is to just create like 20 different pieces of guardrail pieces then make a group of them. Then I create a plane that is same length as the wall pieces. Add array modifier on the plane and make it as long as you want your wall to be. Apply array modifier. Then add particle system on the arrayed plane:
https://i.imgur.com/qWlmuqe.png
I'd guess the biggest weakness of this is that you need to apply modifiers and particles before it follows the curve modifier in the end so it can not be adjusted after its done. But you can also have lots of different pieces.
Which track are you working on if I may ask?

This data transfer thing is something new in Blender 2.8 as I understood it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back