The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

There is more video there too ;). I can see the view numbers and nobody has noticed them so far :p. I don't want to post pictures yet. Too many ugly things. Radioactive 3d grass, unfinished trees, lots of wear and tear missing from all objects, houses made of cubes, no shrubbery around the track. It looks very plain and rough still.

Ok, some pics:
7gChoww.jpg

hBAUTSQ.jpg

yfsiEct.jpg

ISJcXvk.jpg

edit: @Ghoults Ooooh I already love that corner in the second pic :inlove:

I'm also dabbling with that dark side of modding a little... diversifying myself :p

Mostly because I only have access to my sim rig on the weekend right now, and my ol laptop is too weak for full car models... but I can make low poly assets with it just fine and plop them when I have time.

cHX3M9t.jpg

GgknvGT.jpg

CVd1ZpT.jpg

NIcVeZL.jpg

great shoreline, right? :D Pure Blender here, no RTB, very early, driveable. Track is fantasy but follows real life roads and pathways... and autobahn

I don't want to post pictures yet. Too many ugly things. Radioactive 3d grass, unfinished trees, lots of wear and tear missing from all objects, houses made of cubes, no shrubbery around the track. It looks very plain and rough still.

If that's too ugly to show then I can't wait to see how it progresses! That turn in pic2 looks fantastic, with the camber changes and elevation drop :thumbsup:

Well I figured my first post of the new year should be of some news of a new project. I've always had the idea of getting a group together to sort of "divide and conquer" and tackle a larger number of tracks. Doing these alone is a long and tedious process at times. I felt if I could get a group together we could all tackle different aspects of the track building process and finish in much less time while still keeping quality and accuracy as highest priority. The problem is finding people that not only have the talent but also have similar interests. Thus far @Johnr777 and I have been working on Road America. @Rigel is also onboard but is currently busy with another project.

I built the base track layout and land with the walls roughed in. John has begun to tackle the objects around the track. I originally started this track as a private project for a friend who needed an accurate RA. The existing mod is a mess in so many ways. As I built it I decided I wanted it to be a public release at some point so I opted not to take payment of any kind so I could finish it someday and release it. This is the first track we started working on as a group but the other RA is also on our radar and will possibly build both at the same time. This is all early days yet but I am excited and wanted to share what we have been up to.

Here is a lap around the current build in the 2018 IndyCar.

Well I figured my first post of the new year should be of some news of a new project. I've always had the idea of getting a group together to sort of "divide and conquer" and tackle a larger number of tracks. Doing these alone is a long and tedious process at times. I felt if I could get a group together we could all tackle different aspects of the track building process and finish in much less time while still keeping quality and accuracy as highest priority. The problem is finding people that not only have the talent but also have similar interests. Thus far @Johnr777 and I have been working on Road America. @Rigel is also onboard but is currently busy with another project.

I built the base track layout and land with the walls roughed in. John has begun to tackle the objects around the track. I originally started this track as a private project for a friend who needed an accurate RA. The existing mod is a mess in so many ways. As I built it I decided I wanted it to be a public release at some point so I opted not to take payment of any kind so I could finish it someday and release it. This is the first track we started working on as a group but the other RA is also on our radar and will possibly build both at the same time. This is all early days yet but I am excited and wanted to share what we have been up to.

yeah!!! it will be the modern/current track, right? (don't know if it has been through many variations as other tracks though)
Lidar based as all your works, I could guess?

yeah!!! it will be the modern/current track, right? (don't know if it has been through many variations as other tracks though)
Lidar based as all your works, I could guess?
The track centerline has never changed since the very beginning. Only curbs, walls and some runoff has been added over the years. And yes this will be a fully modern up to date version of the track.

The track is indeed built on proper data. I wouldn't bother building a modern track without it. Most major US tracks have good data. And most major US tracks are on my list;)

Cool stuff, i might be interested in doing some trackside cameras if you want.

Not working on it yet (not until Deutschlandring is finished and released) but my 2.5 Gb of reference material arrived in my Inbox today :):inlove::confused::cool:

KxJ7moS.jpg

...I can't wait to get Deutschlandring finished off so I can sink my teeth into this wonderful opportunity :)...
Big, big thank you to @Ryno917 who took the time and trouble to put me in touch with the (very generous) guy who collated all this info. Project Car's loss is going to be Assetto Corsa's gain :D

There's just nothing better then coming home, connecting to the internet, and to find you are in a good mood for track making:)
2019 is only two days old, but already looking fantastic:D

just finishing new guard rails @LRP ;)

FNpGDgY.jpg

61l7ulY.jpg

and starting these kudzo foliage designs on the back rails. :confused: 1 foliage plane higher poly res than the fence place, with some deformed vertices to make appear in and out the fencing links. and still to make some further 3d additions for hedge width. Suitably realistic I think...

djz5N6f.jpg

Last edited:
That grass looks so dense, it makes me want to get the lawn-mower.:D
hehe nooooo ! took me hundreds of hours to grow that weed!.i will cut a channel out so a screenshot with gary`s racing mower makes some sense. stay off the grass :p!

it is rather dense ,so there is going to be two heights eventually and mower stripes and tyre tracks cut out in various spots as it is dense enough.

Last edited:
ZIS 101A Sport - 1939 model. Jem of the pre-war USSR roadster. Made only one, then WW2 started, car was lost. But in 2006 it was remade by some cool guys.
Original roadster based on heavy representative car ZIS 101. Donor car weight almost 2.5 tones. Roadster was ~600 kilos lighter, but even tuning engine did not made this car super fast, but super good looking.

iIL6MK0RVBo.jpg
bkniLiCtSyM.jpg

ocZbKpV6wbA.jpg
qetGJEzchhE.jpg

Total physics rehaul, part 2 (work in progress). Compared to the Sierra this drives on rails:

As a 3D noob, I'm happy that I managed to shrink the tyres of the original to a proper size.:thumbsup:

Sick. I've spent a few years working on GT-R's in sims. Lots of measurements and countless hours scouring through documents and speaking to owners and whatnot for anecdote and data. You got yourself into a real rabbit hole now. Probably took me at least a few hundred man hours to sort out the electric systems.

After the R33 I'm involved with releases, I could share my ATTESA and HICAS simulation with you, if you want. They're really very realistic, and although it remains a mystery what *exactly* they did to the ATTESA in the Group A or N1 cars, it can be roughly worked out if you figure everything else out. The TAISAN STP R32 is one I've always wanted to make, given how much we know about the specs. Maybe, some day...

In the meanwhile, taking a break from the R33, I've been making some AE86's for private use. I was convinced I could do it right, because the ones offered are just no good sadly. The axle in AC is a bit buggy, but I've found probably the ideal solution that doesn't deviate from the real measurements too much.

I remembered the great N2 AE86 mod in rFactor, and wanting some in AC, I just went and did it myself...

3D has nothing at all to do with me and some random thing I found on the net, but the physics are 100% completely by me, barring AI and autoshifter. ;D

TRD especially is pretty gracious in what data they provide, so there's lots to work with.

If someone wants to start modelling some AE86's in stock and various other spec, I have essentially completed physics ready, and soon for this N2 car as well...

20190106100005_1.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies