The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Start upgrade model minolta toyota 88c-v from gt psp. Maybe someone got potenza tire texture btw?
M3zpCOq8uUQ.jpg
3pMi7vNTKHY.jpg
au-bLhP6VhU.jpg

For about a year (on and off) I have been playing around with a semi-fictional track. I had this idea that somewhere there must be a section of public roads that forms a circuit that would be incredible to race, like another Nordschleife. I scoured Google Maps and shortlisted a few layouts, before finally deciding on a circuit in France near a village called Fonteny.

1CnoWp0.jpg

After much tweaking and testing I think I have something that I can be happy with. Something I really enjoy driving around. I have already asked a couple of friends to test it out for me, to ask their opinion on whether this is worth pursuing and making into a full track. One of them seems to think it's 'ok' and the other seems to love it :unsure:

What I would love is for a few more people to test it out, I mean really test it; spends some serious time learning the layout (it is 26km long), troubleshooting, pointing out any areas that they think could be too tricky, or could be made more challenging.

If there is anyone out there who enjoys long, twisty, undulating circuits, with lots of elevation change, blind crests, technical sections, who is prepared to dedicate a fair amount of time to learning and testing this track out for me, could they send me a PM?

This would be a pretty big project for me and I'd really appreciate the help on the layout whilst it is still editable on a spline, before I start on the destructive editing.

Many thanks :)

Looks seriously epic and the layout seems smooth and fitting for older cars. :thumbsup:

But I reckon it would be quite a task to make the trackside details / objects look somewhat dissimilar in order to give people a chance to memorize the track more quickly. :whistling:

For about a year (on and off) I have been playing around with a semi-fictional track. I had this idea that somewhere there must be a section of public roads that forms a circuit that would be incredible to race, like another Nordschleife. I scoured Google Maps and shortlisted a few layouts, before finally deciding on a circuit in France near a village called Fonteny.

1CnoWp0.jpg

After much tweaking and testing I think I have something that I can be happy with. Something I really enjoy driving around. I have already asked a couple of friends to test it out for me, to ask their opinion on whether this is worth pursuing and making into a full track. One of them seems to think it's 'ok' and the other seems to love it :unsure:

What I would love is for a few more people to test it out, I mean really test it; spends some serious time learning the layout (it is 26km long), troubleshooting, pointing out any areas that they think could be too tricky, or could be made more challenging.

If there is anyone out there who enjoys long, twisty, undulating circuits, with lots of elevation change, blind crests, technical sections, who is prepared to dedicate a fair amount of time to learning and testing this track out for me, could they send me a PM?

This would be a pretty big project for me and I'd really appreciate the help on the layout whilst it is still editable on a spline, before I start on the destructive editing.

From the video, it looks fantastic. I don't have much time for testing anything right now, unfortunately, but I'd love to see it progress :)

Long time no screenshots ... ok that's a slight understatement it's been like 14 months :\

fgel8Fu.jpg

Finished off 1 of the 4 remaining materials that needed a UV unwrap (stainless is now 100%, other than some stuff that needs complicated mirror modifier shenanigans I'll do after the objects are fully UV'd), big inroads on another (the painted chassis) and just starting on the 3rd (nickel plating, rollbar's done and not a lot else which is why the suspension, mirrors etc are temporarily black)... if you hadn't noticed this model has a lot of moving metal parts

Taking full advantage of the new shader that'll come with the car so the stainless hardware's slightly blue and the brass hardware's ... brass. (see eg. shocks and most nuts in stainless, bolts holding everything together brass) It's one of those things where when it's wrong it looks wrong, but when it's right you just stop noticing that it's even varying.

I picked up some shadow artifacting on the tires, possibly due to the Shader Lights Patch, I suppose as an open-wheeler it's pretty fine to disable that though.

Aaaagh! How do I miss these things? I no longer seem to be getting notices for new posts on this thread. I'm nursin' a massive semi for this lovely bit of workmanship. Nice job!

Wheel arches in front aligned, fixed, angled, tilted and welded into place. Wheel wells front and rear added so it don't look like swiss cheese anymore aaaand some of the floor is done. I'll close it up with the front and rear fascias for now, maybe add some detail later depending on what will be visible as the rear cuts out pretty high.

ZGBmC39.png

6rViIUt.png

Hood and pop ups cleaned up...

53NoKmY.png

Aligned the penultimate photo to get the proportions right (check the rear below lights, window frames, rocker panel) but apart from that it mainly confirmed most basic lines are in the right place.

La3qFT6.png

0jHxzHz.jpg

1CnoWp0.jpg

Man, I love wide, flowing undulating tracks and have a five-day weekend approaching so it'd be rude of me not to offer my VR-based opinions, David ;)
When you say it's semi-fictional, what level of artistic licence do you think you'll allow yourself? For such a long track it'd maybe be interesting to add a bridge or two, maybe a tunnel, or other landmarks that could help to act as easy references or locators as well as adding variety to the environment. How grounded in reality are you planning it to be? I love your tracks and would really like to see what you could come up with if you let your imagination run wild without being constrained by topographical accuracy, but I'm guessing this maybe isn't the project for that? Either way, sign me up and I'll do my best to be a pedantic whingeing bastard in the nicest possible way.

What is the car on the right in your release picture? Porsche 718 F1? :confused:
However i recieved lot of bad reviews that i cannot upload model , whos 3d base was taken from somewhere else, even if texture, physics i made by myself. So im not sure it will be possible. But anyway when i finish Porsche 804 ill post a picture and some message here :) so can keep on touch

However i recieved lot of bad reviews that i cannot upload model , whos 3d base was taken from somewhere else, even if texture, physics i made by myself. So im not sure it will be possible. But anyway when i finish Porsche 804 ill post a picture and some message here :) so can keep on touch
You can finish the 804 if you wish but you will not be allowed to post it here, its a Forza 7 model, you can argue however much you want but forza models are currently not allowed to be posted here.

You can finish the 804 if you wish but you will not be allowed to post it here, its a Forza 7 model, you can argue however much you want but forza models are currently not allowed to be posted here.
ok no problem , the link for it will not be here, i really dont have aim to be published on RD, just sharing with cars, still there are plenty of resources

Every now and then I'm working on the TZ 2. Body is now "complete", as in, the first shell is there. Now begins the never ending tweaking and reworking until I'm happy with the shape.
Did do a bit of detailing on the front already, which I'm somewhat happy with.
KQIZXtS.png

In the meantime, I've also been messaging the Alfa Romeo Historic museum and their documentation department, and we received some data for the TZ 1 which turned out to be useful, so that will get another small update soon

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%