The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I suddenly fell in love with the SLS GT3, quickly did this skin:
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
__custom_showroom_1543763245.jpg
__custom_showroom_1543763335.jpg

Last edited:
The blueprints I have are for a 1961 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 Coupe. I'd love this to be a serious project, but I have been working on the rear tonight and the blueprints seem to be much more inaccurate than I first thought. Pair that with my amateur modeling techniques and I'm really not sure how much validity the model even has anymore...
1uLdTlv.png

I know is not exactly the same car but I did this model back in 2009, so if you want it I'm willing to donate it for a good cause :cool:
View attachment 241730
View attachment 241731

Of course it wasn't done with AC in mind at all, in fact is not meant for any game, but maybe it can be used as a base to work on.

It took me several minutes to find the page :D

I am doing, or was doing the lowdrag lightweight E-type, which is probably 50% a different car. I also have a D-Type in the making. Both projects are paused. I don't know when it would be reset. At the moment my goal is to bring my content to rFactor 2. If I'd continue on working on E-Type and my other several half baked projects I would probably make it for rF2. Perhaps could make quick conversion to AC too, but I most definitely wouldn't do such things like driver animation, I would allow someone else to convert the model.

See you in rF2
QqEsvD5.jpg

Last edited:
I
I am doing, or was doing the lowdrag lightweight E-type, which is probably 50% a different car. I also have a D-Type in the making. Both projects are paused. I don't know when it would be reset. At the moment my goal is to bring my content to rFactor 2. If I'd continue on working on E-Type and my other several half baked projects I would probably make it for rF2. Perhaps could make quick conversion to AC too, but I most definitely wouldn't do such things like driver animation, or would allow someone else to convert the model.

I could do physics for the lightweight, even for rF2 (not an easy task though), if you are interested.

It would be cool. I just have to make a little schedule for myself and set it right, I couldn't simply do it now.

I was playing with rFactor 2 physics recently. It is not that hard to work with it. Perhaps even easier than AC ? But I am not a physics guy, can't really judge it well without going deep there. Maybe it would appear more difficult if I knew more, though I'd expect the opposite.

I remember a lot people around here were VERY enthusiastic about E-Type. Surprisingly more than for D-Type.

But AC enthusiasts wouldn't like things like this to happen when #drifting:

I was playing with rFactor 2 physics recently. It is not that hard to work with it. Perhaps even easier than AC ? But I am not a physics guy, can't really judge it well without going deep there. Maybe it would appear more difficult if I knew more, though I'd expect the opposite.

Definitely not easier when there are much more details to be worried about. Not that different from rFactor though (apart from the tire model) which I'm familiar with.

Discussing it, or mentioning it ? You can't say that there is no connection between two.

We can talk about AC in context of rF2, and we can talk about rF2 in context of AC.

Or is it taboo ? So if I want to talk about both then I guess I need a special forum section which would be dedicated specifically for rF+AC :D

There are some bits in each sim which deserves critical attitude and some controversial notes.
You can be bitchin' in one forum about one, and then about other in other, but best results would be to make it straight everywhere. Might result in less likes though. :D

Back to topic, I hope EType and Dtype will happen in both, though I can not promise.

@mclarenf1papa Inspiring, motivating. Do you laugh at every beginner ? There is a reason why I put "playing" there rather than "working". My mistake to use "working" in second sentence. Does a word "perhaps" mean anything ? Also you cut the important part in the quote where I add that it is basically at beginner level, and that I can not judge the full depth. I suppose it is long ago since you were a beginner, maybe try to remember.

:rolleyes:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea