The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Way better chance if its a smallish team. So far had info and contact on all my released cars.. which ofc is also a sorta legal permission.

---------
BCCqXDt.png

Great Porsche 804 F1 from 1962 is out. Greates way of Porsche "Per Aspera Ad Astra".
DONE:
- Compatible physics to real car, suspesion geometry, RPM to Torque ratio etc....specs according catalogs
- Setups
- Lods
- very compatitive AI

To do list:
- skins
- shift animation is a bit weird
- animated suspension

Contact me
Porsche-804-assetto-corsa-download.jpg
Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_804_ks_nordschleife_18-11-118-16-1-41.jpg
Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_804_ks_monza66_18-11-118-17-9-4.jpg
Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_804_ks_monza66_18-11-118-12-58-49.jpg

Last edited:
Could you explain please? I thought the 804 model came from GrabCAD, a free 3D model resource site. Is that not acceptable? Or are the physics (rather than the model) takes from 'elsewhere'?

The model was free, off GrabCAD, I think.
Just because "a free" model is uploaded to the internet does not mean you can do anything with it. It could be uploaded as cc0 which means you can do anything with it including taking the model as is and putting it on sale in turbosquid for example. Or it could be released as free to use for personal use but not in commercial use. Or it can come with stipulations like you can use it for anything you want as long as you don't redistribute the model (make renders, use in cgi movie or bake textures using the model). And some license types require attribution so even if the model is free to whatever you want you need to say where it comes from.

In the end here ther are just two ways to figure this out exactly. Either the porsche f1 model has some kind of license disclaimer where you can download it so you must follow that. Or you contact the modeller and try to get a permission to be able to do something. I could not find the model in grabcad so I don't know what kind of license it is.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.