The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I don't know if this is the right place to say this but I can't help feeling that all the incredible work being performed by multiple modders on Ilja's lights shader patch is somehow tainted by association with what's continually allowed to pass as acceptable content in the off-topic section of the official shader patch Discord. I'm no prude but there's one member in particular who would be threatened with arrest if what they posted there was spoken aloud in public. I cannot understand why it's deemed to be acceptable behaviour there and why nothing is ever done about it. The Discord is a fascinating hub of development knowledge and enthusiasm but I hesitate before going there now. Even ignoring the off-topic section doesn't make it OK. It's still there, breeding hate behind an unlocked door. I don't mind saying it saddens me.

I don't know if this is the right place to say this but I can't help feeling that all the incredible work being performed by multiple modders on Ilja's lights shader patch is somehow tainted by association with what's continually allowed to pass as acceptable content in the off-topic section of the official shader patch Discord. I'm no prude but there's one member in particular who would be threatened with arrest if what they posted there was spoken aloud in public. I cannot understand why it's deemed to be acceptable behaviour there and why nothing is ever done about it. The Discord is a fascinating hub of development knowledge and enthusiasm but I hesitate before going there now. Even ignoring the off-topic section doesn't make it OK. It's still there, breeding hate behind an unlocked door. I don't mind saying it saddens me.
I muted that channel and blocked some users a long time ago. Sadly
You're right, though, it's not OK at all

Thank you for saying this.

I feel the same way.

And also sad that well known name in AC modding is feeding the conversation with such individuals in that chat is real sad.

Thank you for saying this.

I feel the same way.

And also sad that well known name in AC modding is feeding the conversation with such individuals in that chat is real sad.
I don't know anything about that, I've only dipped in briefly a couple of times but saw enough to make my toes curl before swiftly exiting.

Welp in other news, I'm a bit disappointed to hear a couple of fun projects I've been working on in recent months wont go public - at least not in the way it was intended. I think one of them should (fingers crossed) still find its way onto your simrigs, but not quite how it was planned or how I'd hoped.

The other I think will almost certainly live only in private - if I ever catch sight of it in promo's or whatever I'll be sure to point it out! :D Bit sad though, as its really a cool model for me to have worked on, would have loved people to get a close look of it.

Nevermind, if I'm lucky, whatever I do next will be sent directly to your hard drives via the wonders of Steam. Can't wait to get started :)

Have a completely unrelated image if a skin i made whilst I had a few mins to spare :)

68EDV8sh.jpg

Welp in other news, I'm a bit disappointed to hear a couple of fun projects I've been working on in recent months wont go public - at least not in the way it was intended. I think one of them should (fingers crossed) still find its way onto your simrigs, but not quite how it was planned or how I'd hoped.

The other I think will almost certainly live only in private - if I ever catch sight of it in promo's or whatever I'll be sure to point it out! :D Bit sad though, as its really a cool model for me to have worked on, would have loved people to get a close look of it.

Nevermind, if I'm lucky, whatever I do next will be sent directly to your hard drives via the wonders of Steam. Can't wait to get started :)

Have a completely unrelated image if a skin i made whilst I had a few mins to spare :)

68EDV8sh.jpg
Well deserved mate, congrats :)

It is a hive of scum and villainy !!!

Last edited:
I guess I might be a 'looner' (look it up) because I've been messing about with hot air balloons, swapping them around, repositioning them, adding them to tracks where none previously existed. Can someone please help my fetish by explaining exactly what the different values relate to in the image below? I'm guessing starting coordinates, height, velocity, rate of ascent etc but just when I seem to be sussing it out it all falls apart. Is there a manual that explains all of this stuff? Ta muchly!
upload_2018-9-30_11-14-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-30_11-7-10.png
    upload_2018-9-30_11-7-10.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 160
I'm guessing starting coordinates, height, velocity, rate of ascent etc but just when I seem to be sussing it out it all falls apart. Is there a manual that explains all of this stuff? Ta muchly!
Yeah, starting position, then a random addition (so eg x = 14000 + [-2000 to 2000] metres. Same for speeds, base speed and then an additional amount. If you need it, xyz in AC is right, up, forward, so speed = 2,0,2 means it never changes height, only moves around at that level. But only up to 2m/s (~7km/h) in either direction for a total of ~10km/h max, usually less.

I guess I might be a 'looner' (look it up) because I've been messing about with hot air balloons, swapping them around, repositioning them, adding them to tracks where none previously existed. Can someone please help my fetish by explaining exactly what the different values relate to in the image below? I'm guessing starting coordinates, height, velocity, rate of ascent etc but just when I seem to be sussing it out it all falls apart. Is there a manual that explains all of this stuff? Ta muchly!
View attachment 271960
Balloon obsessed loner haha;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%