The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

thats a groove its on all kunos tracks...ill be tweaking the levels before release...its a little heavy admittedly

though looking a pictures a lot its get pretty heavily rubber-ed by the end of the race...

curbs are also going to rubber-in dynamically
What @LilSki said; this is at the end of the 24 hour in 2016:
3.jpg

and in 2017:
lemans-victory-15.jpg

You know my opinion on this. Old tracks should be laid to rest ;)

i do share your sentiment....but its lemans next weekend...i wanna be doing some funky night racing......which wasn't possible for us ac guys until a month ago.....i just had to...come on....its what i do apparently

with all the love to tiago/and not to miss terra....i just had to make it less eye bleedy

yes and there are still one or two mirrored trees that need sorting...before you say

More than one or two..

Capture.JPG

And I'm sorry I will never be one of your blind praise buddies from F1C. If I see something wrong I will state it and it is simple as that. In fact as a track builder I hate blind praise. I want to know what is wrong so I can fix it.

More than one or two..

View attachment 255513

And I'm sorry I will never be one of your blind praise buddies from F1C. If I see something wrong I will state it and it is simple as that. In fact as a track builder I hate blind praise. I want to know what is wrong so I can fix it.

Agreed

but as you well know starting from scratch...is a very honerable and deserving of the respect undertaking....it takes vaaaast amounts of time....my spare time is pretty limited...so i want results so i can play

that said if not a little praise to raise my spirits to keep doing this. (though i love it honestly)
cant begrudge somebody that

you could at least deliver it like a sh@t sandwich....hahha wrap the critique in a couple of nice bread compliments :)

More than one or two..

View attachment 255513

i do like these ...i get these daily from clients.....but to be fair i could do this kind of thing to 99% of tracks out there including stock content.....but you are right!! will pay more attention:sneaky:

Have you guys tried the flatspot/tire wear with cars that don't have slicks but have tires with some tread pattern? Like semislicks or even road tires? I'm just wondering how does it look if you flatspot a non-slick tire.

Have you guys tried the flatspot/tire wear with cars that don't have slicks but have tires with some tread pattern? Like semislicks or even road tires? I'm just wondering how does it look if you flatspot a non-slick tire.

Its just a texture.

Flat spot effect will look realistic on all tires as long the graphics tyre texture for flat spot is made with good quality textures.

More than one or two..

View attachment 255513

Cool thing about the headlight mod is now I can hide all those trackside graphic issues in darkness! HAHAHA. Always found Longford 67 to be a bit rough although now with the ability to drive at night all I see is the road surface, roadside markers and the car in front of me! :roflmao:

Last edited:
Just cause it's on kunos tracks doesn't make it right ;)
Fair point...

But looking at it from another angle... just because it doesn't meet your (or anyone elses) expectations or standards... does that make it wrong? ;)

Just to clarify... This is the "what you are working on thread" isn't it?
not the "what you've finished thread" :D

Exactly, this is the easy part. But translating this into alteration of the render engine is an entire different pair of shoes.. it's like the old joke of coding a program that finds out when a jpeg was taken and if it contains birds. One if a 5 minute job, the other a Harvard dissertation

.. I don't think we have any shader in the stock game that is directly influenced by a car's physics... ks_brakedisc may be one, as its behaviour is written in the brakes.ini.. but apart from that there is a pretty strong divide between visuals and physics
Thanks for the education @mclarenf1papa & @AccAkut. I sure hope that modders take advantage of these new "features" once they're fully available.

Ahhh... Is that the new Sim Traxx v0.999 RC1 Beta? :whistling: :D I kid. I kid...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back