The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

can someone point me to a guide to make stuff move via the damage system again? Will try tackling that huge dangling brake bias adjuster cable later today

...ok, I found something...
Code:
[VISUAL_OBJECT_0]
NAME=WACKELKABEL; NAME OF THE NODE
STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=0,1,0 ; STATIC ROTATION AXE
STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=0 ; STATIC ROTATION ANGLE
MULT_G=0.5         ; EFFECT OF THE G FORCES ON THE OSCILLATION
DAMAGE_ZONE=REAR  ; ZONE IDENTIFIER
MIN_SPEED=-1        ; MINIMUM DAMAGE SPEED
FULL_SPEED=-1    ; MAXIMUM DAMAGE SPEED
OSCILLATION_AXIS=0,1,0 ; OSCILLATION AXE
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0  ; MINIMUM ANGLE OF OSCILLATION - never less than 0 and never more than 5
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=100 ; MAXIMUM ANGLE OF OSCILLATION - never less than 0 and never more than 5
ALLOWED_G=0,1,0    ; SET WHICH G AXIS HAVE EFFECT ON DAMAGE ANIMATION and how much (0 is off, 1 is 100%)

now how can I make it rotate/oscillate say 10° around the Y-axis? With the code above it just barely vibrates

No, at this point it's technically a "historic" car, but it's not too dissimilar from the Acura.

Beyond what I've said above, I won't divulge details about the car itself.

However, I can talk about the project a bit. ...... We'll roll out more information in the coming weeks.

Did I miss the highlighted part? :unsure:
Or did you mean to say "months" instead of "weeks"? :D

Code:
[VISUAL_OBJECT_0]
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0  ; MINIMUM ANGLE OF OSCILLATION - never less than 0 and never more than 5
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=100 ; MAXIMUM ANGLE OF OSCILLATION - never less than 0 and never more than 5
ALLOWED_G=0,1,0    ; SET WHICH G AXIS HAVE EFFECT ON DAMAGE ANIMATION and how much (0 is off, 1 is 100%)

now how can I make it rotate/oscillate say 10° around the Y-axis? With the code above it just barely vibrates
Immediately, my eyes were drawn to:
Code:
So, I would think STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=10 (or would it be a decimal like, 0.1 for 10%?)... And I would also think STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=X, Y, Z <-- So that should be set to rotate around Y, if I'm even close to comprehending what those values are.

I just can't help myself, I wanted to finish this fast but I also want it to look right. Sorta got sidetracked into "to do Z I need Y and for that I need X" and also I think in the future I will avoid cars with more than 2 seats
mgPWlUs.jpg

I just can't help myself, I wanted to finish this fast but I also want it to look right. Sorta got sidetracked into "to do Z I need Y and for that I need X" and also I think in the future I will avoid cars with more than 2 seats
mgPWlUs.jpg
You're still doing solid progress in very little time, I know how easy it is to go down into that hole. If you want to do it right there'll always be Z, Y and X :)
Covering blind spots and small details in the interior is usually more time consuming than making the exterior alone, doesn't matter how many seats it has.

mgPWlUs.jpg
absolutely most important bit of that car is the landyacht physics, and I'm sure its in good hands.

...will this also have screeching tires on sand? A staple of 80s TV series :D

... there is a car liek this in my shortlist of potential future projects (all stuff no one cares about)..
oldsmobile-5.jpg

Werner-Oldsmobile-729x486-cedbeabb79cf0128.jpg

with the all important beer cooler up front :cool:

Last edited:
If you want to do it right there'll always be Z, Y and X :)
Right now I think the tree is
a - driver model needs b, e
b - front seat needs c
c - floor needs d
d - back seat
e - steering wheel needs f
f - steering column

so until that's done, ingame pics have the driver sticking through the roof.
absolutely most important bit of that car is the landyacht physics, and I'm sure its in good hands.

...will this also have screeching tires on sand? A staple of 80s TV series :D
It's got cop suspension and a cop motor so it's not too floaty (>1hz springrate! barely.) I can't get the front bumpstops to work right though so if you hit something hard (ie. dropped from 4-5 feet up) the front wheels flip around cause it compresses too much.

Code:
[VISUAL_OBJECT_0]

Can't remember where I found this now but this produces a nice side to side movement that seems to react quite well to bumps and vibrations:

[VISUAL_OBJECT_0]
NAME=Magneto
STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=-1,0,0
STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=0
MULT_G=0.1
DAMAGE_ZONE=FRONT
MIN_SPEED=-1
FULL_SPEED=-1
OSCILLATION_AXIS=0,-1,1
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=1
ALLOWED_G=0,0,0

I notice the comment for OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE in your code says 'never more than 5' so maybe 100 is being read as 1 or creating some other weirdness?

so until that's done, ingame pics have the driver sticking through the roof.
Agree with all you posted on the list except for that, you can change the driver position in Content Manager in seconds, so there's no excuse there (don't tell me you still use the original launcher :p)

Agree with all you posted on the list except for that, you can change the driver position in Content Manager in seconds, so there's no excuse there (don't tell me you still use the original launcher :p)
How exactly? I saw the buttons but not what to do with them

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea