The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

It depends, the cleanup can sometimes be more work than just making object higher res in first place...
Subsurf though can be used to great effect with ao renders if you do proper edges on the parts, it is the only thing I use subsurf for to be honest.

i4TYiJJ.png

the dash is so difficult to make :O_o: and now im feeling bad because i can only do it visually and it can be wrong in so many places

does anyone have any advice blender wise...like how do you guys start doing the dash or if its always like this visually ?

does anyone have any advice blender wise...like how do you guys start doing the dash or if its always like this visually ?
for one I would do the dash on its own. I would copy the inside windscreen ledge to have something to start from, but then work without the rest of the car visible.

But the cars I've done pretty much all lack a dash in the traditional sense (all emptied race cars)

What AccAkut said, copy to new layer any parts that the interior has to "connect to" then start working from there. Also I usually will get some reference points like a radio, steering wheel, seat, or something that has a measured side to get some data on placement within the car, but yes starting interiors always is a bit tricky.

This isn't Blender but you might get an idea of how to do it. I start with the most plain pic I can find to get an outline of the overall shape and build the basic volume from there. Then start refining details using camera matching:

dash2.jpg

Once I get most of the panels in place it's a matter of working out details. This works for the rest of the interior as well.

cock.jpg

This isn't Blender but you might get an idea of how to do it. I start with the most plain pic I can find to get an outline of the overall shape and build the basic volume from there. Then start refining details using camera matching:

View attachment 221243

Once I get most of the panels in place it's a matter of working out details. This works for the rest of the interior as well.

View attachment 221244

Thank you very much

Will try to follow those steps

i4TYiJJ.png

the dash is so difficult to make :O_o: and now im feeling bad because i can only do it visually and it can be wrong in so many places

E36 is a car what is easy to found, find someone /user who have this car on real life and measure it + photomaching. I measure manta and eclipse-its really helpfull.

If you want i can help on measure(try find car) but you must send me closed beta :)

View attachment 221243

View attachment 221244
How do you set camera matching ?

you are right :) 3dmax is too expensive for me amateur :)
I used to use blender modelling is quite nice on it , just never really liked the UV editor its fine once you get used to it obviously , but really do prefer max for the extra options and mod tools , just preference I suppose :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.