The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Had to update to the latest aero spec, including front dive planes and a new rear wing mount.

The connection of the rearwing to the body looks really fragile.
Otherwise beautiful longtail :)

I did say the new one was even more fragile looking :p

YqWLafTh.jpg

ZenCoGIh.jpg

lDefADNh.jpg

0adior4h.jpg

Why so much ground clearance? Is this supposed to be a rally car? :p :laugh: :roflmao:
YqWLafTh.jpg

I think the headlights BrownNinja commented on looked a little weird, but I have come to expect Gary to push the boundaries of design and functionality. I think his unique garage of self-made vehicles proves that. :)

That KVRC challenge does not really care for real life usability or produce-abilty. Is there even enough space around the front wheels to allow realistic steering angle?

That KVRC challenge does not really care for real life usability or produce-abilty. Is there even enough space around the front wheels to allow realistic steering angle?
Yeah the MVRC rules are a lot better, though not fully realistic (hence rear wing structure etc). Front wheels are close, I get (IIRC), about 12 degrees lock which seems on par with kunos LMP1 cars, had to add very subtle 'bulges' to the arches to avoid clipping.

American Track Lovers - This has been updated:)

Thank you very much ! Just tried with the AMG GT3
This track really deserved an update, and it is perfect ! The physical mesh is quite perfect now ! We can really feel the track as real (not too smooth, not artificially too bumpy either)
5 stars rating without hesitation !

PS : There are a lot of tracks out that need some upgrade on the physical mesh, and yours great skill ;-) ... Monaco 67 or Sonoma for example ...

I took a break from working on my Feldbergring track to spend a bit of time on my own personal 'unicorn' project. I have this vision that somewhere in Europe there is a route on public roads that could be as cool and exhilarating as the Nordschleife. My criteria :- long (longer than 16km), fast but with technical sections, different sections with different characters to allow memorising, foresty and green... basically Nords, but not Nords :D

So, I found this place in France, in the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan with a 26km loop of public roads and I absolutely love it! I have worked on it all weekend and have memorised the course. It's a real rush once you start getting your lines right from one corner to the next, remembering the places that car lifts off the ground, the blind crest, the huge drops... it is heaven :)

Hp4cJer.jpg

oF1fQFm.jpg

I intend to make it into a track like Nords, with armco barriers, curbs, a few run-off areas. I understand that most people won't get the point, but it's an idea I have had in the back of my mind for many months, and this course is the closest I think I have come so far :)

I was going to upload an on-board video but figured you'd all be bored of watching a 10min 30s lap in the Praga R1 :roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%