The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Some physics fun during some downtime at work :)

xsw1E1F.jpg

LZtonRp.jpg

tMv4mFR.png

enought for today ...due to work
Actually i though this would be way harder to do but after watching a sparco tutorial i got the basics and this went ok
Good work on that one, is not as hard as it seems, I'm sure you figured that out already :)

Just wait until you get with the dash, that's when things get interesting!

I have always used projected shrink wrapped objects, then join and clean up the topography with any extrudes after that. Though your method would make for better results on things like the duel faces that you have on the rocker panel. Are you manually knifing the destination object to make your vents or is there a modifier for this? I will have to try that out when I run into that situation.
quick example on file I am working on
2KlXrur.png

simple outline object of cut out, (air vent, keyhole) also works for extrusions
V0yyobb.png

shrink wrapped to the surface (usually do some work to ensure that the vertices align so no clipping like at top left)
tINAnTb.png

(again some greater work done to topography than shown)
2hU6ijK.png

Gives a decent result for the time it takes

I think the result is the same, combination of two meshes without any vert bumping or cutting by hand. The Boolean modifier will not always work, sometimes it seems to need clear inside/outside of a mesh, sometimes it does not (like with my car body up there). But the stencils I used where "watertight"

this is how it the mesh will look directly after applying the modifier:
5.jpg

so ofc it will need a lot of manual reworkto shape the faces. But still heaps faster and cleaner than cutting holes with the Knife tool

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.