The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I also haven't seen much of physics guys publicly looking for modelers. However, One:1 project prooved that it is rather sketchy. But you have a sound guy, thats rather awesome IMO, sound guys aren't too common, lets be honest. Especially good sound guys. Probably too busy creating masterpieces with Ableton.

I also haven't seen much of physics guys publicly looking for modelers. However, One:1 project prooved that it is rather sketchy. But you have a sound guy, thats rather awesome IMO, sound guys aren't too common, lets be honest. Especially good sound guys. Probably too busy creating masterpieces with Ableton.
Haha no. No sound creator. Hence the dummy sound as well as model. Sorry if it was worded to suggest that. I was talking in a general case as to how it works.

They work absolutely fine.

But I haven't really found that's the case to be honest. Most of the time it's been me and a sound guy making their parts for a modeller.

Modellers coming to physics people is a rare situation in my experience.
As you mention this I'm looking for a guy who could model the model for the physics of the Dodge Viper ACR, which I have done, right now I have the model of Project Cars or I don't know. Have an annoying bug with the physics too. Help would be appreciated:)

another thing i (we) missed...fixed now
fcn50rY.png

0001_1-1.jpg

• Deleted member 223075

Love the wheels on the real picture ! Also do you planned to change the two exhaust outlets by only one ?

Modellers coming to physics people is a rare situation in my experience.

Maybe we should start a 'physics department' thread where physics modders can maintain a list of the cars they have stashed on their hard drives (because we all have them) for modelers to look over? Maybe we get lucky and someone sees a car they'd like to model, or has an old model they can import, or something. Can't hurt, right?

Maybe we should start a 'physics department' thread where physics modders can maintain a list of the cars they have stashed on their hard drives (because we all have them) for modelers to look over? Maybe we get lucky and someone sees a car they'd like to model, or has an old model they can import, or something. Can't hurt, right?
To be honest I don't have time these days to commit to full mods. I just like to play what if :p swapping engines or tweaking aerodynamics or tyres. But not a straight swap like some programs can do, a more intelligent, informed swap.

Some thing that might become a thing after all...

Screenshot_a3dr_traffic_c200_ks_brands_hatch_2-11-117-7-56-52.jpg

We've been talking with @Phoenix77 about doing a traffic mod. Since I have a lot of regular cars modeled already might as well give it a shot and try to do something quick and simple to have a lot of cars driving around in the traffic tracks without suffering in the FPS department.

Zero optimization at this point (74k, no lods) but runs a full grid at steady 60fps. Getting it down to 20-30k for the up close model and doing 1 or 2 lods will be just right I think, as it uses very little textures (small 512px AO bake for paint and 256px map for details) and few basic shaders.

Doing that with 5 or 6 different cars and we have a traffic pack :cool:

Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_pacific_coast_2-11-117-9-2-26.jpg

Last edited:
Some thing that might become a thing after all...

View attachment 219888

We've been talking with @Phoenix77 about doing a traffic mod. Since I have a lot of regular cars modeled already might as well give it a shot and try to do something quick and simple to have a lot of cars driving around in the traffic tracks without suffering in the FPS department.

Zero optimization at this point (74k, no lods) but runs a full grid at steady 60fps. Getting it down to 20-30k for the up close model and doing 1 or 2 lods will be just right I think, as it uses very little textures (small 512px AO bake for paint and 256px map for details) and few basic shaders.

Doing that with 5 or 6 different cars and we have a traffic pack :cool:

View attachment 219904
Wow that's already looking even more awesome than I was expecting... Very nicely done mate :) :thumbsup:
If they drive slowly enough, and run optimally enough... I might have to do a special AI Traffic layout with 100+ start points specifically for this. Also if there's a way to stop them / limit them from overtaking (in the AI file, I have no idea) it could prevent the carnage that could potentially happen :D

Pretty sure you'll do this anyway... But also adding @chargingcar 's No driver helmet mod would look even more flipping awesome :)

Wait, is that the greenhouse of a Volvo P1800? Ever since you started showing pictures but not saying what it was I've been trying to figure it out. Only other stuff I could come up with is obscure british kitcars.

Wait, is that the greenhouse of a Volvo P1800? Ever since you started showing pictures but not saying what it was I've been trying to figure it out. Only other stuff I could come up with is obscure british kitcars.
No, it's the roof section of a Glas 1700 GT. The "Hans Glas GmbH" initially made agricultural machines, and after the wars turned towards cheap personal transport, first scooters, then the probably more well known Goggomobile. Then they tried doing sporty stuff, but not overly successful, so that in 1968 everything was bought and absorbed by BMW. This car was one that BMW kept making under the same name for a while, basically the 'Ur Z-Roadster'
1700GT_Groeneveld_1024.jpg

And thus another obscure brand disappeared.

with barely 100 hp it wasn't the fastest. Also apparently very front heavy. But maybe I go further with that roof line one day.

this M1 soundbank from @wjmoosting was actually the reason i went down the inline-6/BMW route.

Vydz61z.png

Most of the m3 in my country come with this wheel so...im going to do this one

Seems really hard to do this thing (steering wheel)

Also started a new project in blender in Meters to scale the car to its right proportions and it was a success...scaled the car visualy first to a plane with original proportions after that tested the wheelbase and heres the screenshot

gShiE5H.png

Wich according to this source its correct !

https://www.auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=9880

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 70 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 26 32.9%