The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Change of pace for a sunday evening :)

FRAdNuvh.jpg

4fqut4Ch.jpg

bnPaMwth.jpg

KBkn0z3h.jpg

Very nice work man! Those LMP 1/2 pits are a pain to work on. I see you don't have the door latches modelled. Will you solve that with textures and simplistic latches or go ful detail? I find those look super cool but add quite a bit of geometry.

Looking forward to see this next to the Perrinn :).

Very nice work man! Those LMP 1/2 pits are a pain to work on. I see you don't have the door latches modelled. Will you solve that with textures and simplistic latches or go ful detail? I find those look super cool but add quite a bit of geometry.

Looking forward to see this next to the Perrinn :).
I'll surely model some proper latches, haven't looked into it really. Do you mean hinges? Kunos have them, look fairly simple I thought, not too much trouble to add.

Qspror2h.jpg

KCwG6aJ.png

Getting the Perrinn going again. The RL project has moved to all electric extending the wheelbase and changing the bodywork so this will be a spinoff based on the original design and @mclarenf1papa 's physics work. Planning to roll out a more or less beta version with reduced geometry bodywork, wheels and wheel barrels as well as custom brakes and a cockpit and steering wheel (read: an entire model) with placeholder sounds before christmas. Drivetrain for now ~700hp non-hybrid drivetrain with a possible future addition of a HY version.

Rock on!

Having driven a number of E36s over the years and never really liking it the way I love the E30 and E46 I gotta say the one thing that car does so right is the wrap around cockpit arrangement. The way the dash components 'stick out' around the driver side is something else and truly unique with BMW dashboards. Always reminded me of the 90s Saab styling only better and more ergonomically refined. Anyway fellas...rock on!

Well i've been experimenting with the cameras thing with some advice of modeller friends and @A3DR post in first place and i found out that the dash even though was not that off it needs a ton of adjustment ...meanwhile i think i will try to make whats behind it first to make it a more easy job (making the dash)

So yesterday i've teared my car appart and took some photos of the car door ... surprisingly
the dash corners matched very well ...might be just a coincidence but i was happy for it...anyway still alot to do
58hLPyG.png

z37re5K.png

Last edited:
Dunno actually, can tell you in about 2 hours when i get hold of a virtual tape measure. Wheelbase is 3 metres, which is fairly sizeable then obviously those overhangs aren't small, surely more than 5m?

Im trying to not sound harsh but i think I need to, those lights are horrible and counter productive, wouldnt the lines obstruct the light reducing the level of lumens.
Well Kenny can sing and move in the stage with them

(unless he is hidding parking sensors in his body)

8d6673ea1fec36bfaaa0e54785d3821d--kanye-west-donald-trump.jpg

Although maybe gary try to do the inverse...instead of a grill as a mask the lights stuck out those same and returning the mask to the back of the headlight

Like this >
mask In
uLe4moP.png

Mask out (gary's)

9FAPgxi.png

Last edited:
Im trying to not sound harsh but i think I need to, those lights are horrible and counter productive, wouldnt the lines obstruct the light reducing the level of lumens.
No i totally agree (hence the 'may need a rethink' comment). Just wanted to try something other than a big block of light, as its such a large area.

How long is the car?
5m exactly, 2m wide and just over 1m tall.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%