Cars The Need For Speed

I heard the physics guy went AWOL for a while...
They never seem to have recovered from that... :roflmao:

tenor.gif

Im trying to convert NFS4 High Stakes tracks to AC. Anyone has a clue how I could do it?

Not related with the original NFS, but I've seen people talking of converting TNFS tracks to Assetto and I thought here someone could help me.

Im trying to convert NFS4 High Stakes tracks to AC. Anyone has a clue how I could do it?

Not related with the original NFS, but I've seen people talking of converting TNFS tracks to Assetto and I thought here someone could help me.
This place ain't Facebook, people here work from scratch, though there are some rf1 conversion they are mostly converted with author's permission since they were made from scratch for rf1

Basically, yes. Feel free to follow this subject if you want, is not impossible but no way they can be shared here at RD
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-need-for-speed.134193/page-99#post-2808670

Jesus, that's exactly what I want :confused:

I have 0 skills, so the best way for me to recreate some track is to build it from scratch and learn along the way. Problem is it wont have the fidelity of that conversion (not even close). So it's good to know there is way atleast.

edit: There is another guy asking in the YT video for the same tracks Im looking for :p

Not to justify the lack of updates lately, but doing things like this takes it's time.
Seeing these low res interiors reminds me of how things were done in games over 10 years ago. It's a pain in the ass process, but kind of rewarding to see it come together.
Of course it'll look like **** in game, this has a 2048px texture right now. I guess it'll go with a 512 or maybe 1024 if the file size is not that big.

screens333hot002.jpg
screensho3t001.jpg

And this is the high res one, just to compare
Screenshot_3.jpg

Not to justify the lack of updates lately, but doing things like this takes it's time.
Seeing these low res interiors reminds me of how things were done in games over 10 years ago. It's a pain in the ass process, but kind of rewarding to see it come together.
Of course it'll look like **** in game, this has a 2048px texture right now. I guess it'll go with a 512 or maybe 1024 if the file size is not that big.

View attachment 326353 View attachment 326354

And this is the high res one, just to compare
View attachment 326355

I was about to ask what the deal was with the weird asym poly structure on the seat pans, but then I (think I) realized that was just the ceiling wireframe over top of the seat wire showing.

Love seeing these sorts of things. Helps a noob like me work out effective poly flow/structure.

You don't have to justify anything.
Sure, but I don't like to delay things either, been doing the boring stuff like the low res cockpit, driver animations, sorting out the hierarchy, testing and more testing.
Still not happy with the driver animations 100% but I'm not wasting more time with that (there's always some kind of problem to fix when exporting, very frustrating. Looks good on max, crap in game).
I've decided to move on and start making the lods now that I have the cockpit out of the way, so I can sort out the details for the Carrera 4 and release them both.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back