Cars The Need For Speed

NFS games aren't really made to be driven with a wheel, though. Except the SHIFT series. Good old arcade gameplay with arrows :D
I played the TNFS:SE (1996, Win95) with a wheel and pedals back in May 1999! And guess what, the wheel even had FFB and also a USB connection! :confused: I beat many world records in TNFS:SE with that wheel (Logitech Wingman Formula Force). Unlike NFS1, NFS2 and NFS3 were optimized for keyboard control, essentially. But e.g. Porsche Unleashed was a proper NFS again. That one was REALLY amazing, just like TNFS/TNFS:SE. A complete and polished product.

This is a list of the world records I had in TNFS/TNFS:SE at the ASWRS website back in ~1998-2001: (Zoom in to make it legible. Wallriding/bumping was permitted. But that actually made the WRs much more difficult, not easier.)
aswrs.jpg

Last edited:
I played the TNFS:SE (1996, Win95) with a wheel and pedals back in May 1999! And guess what, the wheel even had FFB and also a USB connection! :confused: I beat many world records in TNFS:SE with that wheel (Logitech Wingman Formula Force). Unlike NFS1, NFS2 and NFS3 were optimized for keyboard control, essentially. But e.g. Porsche Unleashed was a proper NFS again. That one was REALLY amazing, just like TNFS/TNFS:SE. A complete and polished product.
Cool! I never knew the SE edition had FFB.
I first played TNFS with the Thrustmaster Formula T2 back in '96 or '97 (Don't quite remember, it was a long time ago!). No FFB with that wheel though, just a trusty old bungee cord.
Was a lot of fun, still!

This is a list of the world records I had in TNFS/TNFS:SE at the ASWRS website back in ~1998-2001: (Zoom in to make it legible. Wallriding/bumping was permitted. But that actually made the WRs much more difficult, not easier.)
View attachment 568259
Thanks very much for sharing. :)

*Do you still play TNFS today? (keyboard or wheel?)
*Are you enjoying TNFS Cars in Assetto Corsa? (favourite?)
*Do you miss the TNFS locations? (favourite?)

I loved the open road levels + the 993.

p.s

Thank you so much to those talented people that made this possible - we salute you!

Last edited:
No, but I replayed it in DOSbox a few years ago
Oh yes. Favs are the Testarossa and the NSX
Not really. My favourite was the City Point to Point track. I use the LAC & Pacific Coast tracks and stuff like Black Cat County and Highlands in AC

Last edited:
Nope, haven't played it since the late 90's.

Yep, very much so! Favourite is hard, though... maybe the 993.

I do. Primarily the Alpine and Coastal P2P tracks, I really enjoyed them.

Thank you so much to those talented people that made this possible - we salute you!
We certainly do!:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back