Cars The Need For Speed

I've been particularly happy with all the attention on the 993 of late. :)

However - for Diablo fans, they may want to check out the link above.
Harry from Harry's Garage / EVO (UK car magazine) has done a very nice feature recently.
He also spends a bit of time comparing it to the Countach and Testarossa.

Last edited:
You’re forgetting about the legend that is NFS Porsche ;). Especially in regards to physics and point to point not to mention sound, immersion and detail.

Porsche Unleashed was exceptionally well done. And you're right I did forget. For some reason I never consider it to be part of the NFS series. Probably because 98% of the NFS titles were terrible! :roflmao:

57 different Porsches, truly amazing! It was a great experience to go through the evolution of Porsche and adapt to the handling differences between cars. We may never see a title that ambitious and focused on a single car manufacture ever again.

I am surprised car makers in 2019 don't fund singular titles similar to NFS PU or at the least funding expanded DLC for Assetto Corsa or similar racing sims as a means of promoting their brand

Porsche Unleashed was exceptionally well done. And you're right I did forget. For some reason I never consider it to be part of the NFS series. Probably because 98% of the NFS titles were terrible! :roflmao:

57 different Porsches, truly amazing! It was a great experience to go through the evolution of Porsche and adapt to the handling differences between cars. We may never see a title that ambitious and focused on a single car manufacture ever again.

I am surprised car makers in 2019 don't fund singular titles similar to NFS PU or at the least funding expanded DLC for Assetto Corsa or similar racing sims as a means of promoting their brand
there was that ferrari test drive racing legends game from 2012

You’re forgetting about the legend that is NFS Porsche ;). Especially in regards to physics and point to point not to mention sound, immersion and detail.

NFS5 Porsche Unleashed/2000 was the only other NFS I liked (I had tried 1-5).
The one thing I'd say about NFS2 was its multimedia section was well done.

Last edited:
Thanks to Kamil @9kret9 for these amazing textures
Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_sandev_f3ct_16-9-119-7-51-29.jpg
Showroom_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_16-8-2019-7-44-36.jpg
Showroom_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_16-8-2019-7-43-54.jpg

Hmm - What's the track there A3DR? And that's a weather add-on I take it?
993 looks great! Happy with how it drives?
That's Kičevo by Lemax:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kičevo.17727/
Weather is the Sol mod + Shader patch
Can't say how it drives, to be honest I haven't driven in AC in at least 8 months now, my cat ate my controller cable and I didn't bother to replace it yet. My G25 is stored since I've moved so that's how things goes (I let AI do the job for me hehe).

I haven't driven in AC in at least 8 months now, my cat ate my controller cable and I didn't bother to replace it yet.

I haven't driven anything in 4 months now. Luckily my puppy hasn't chewed any cables yet, though (as far as I can tell). Still scared to put on the headset and drive for an hour leaving him unattended :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.