Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 11.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello,
First of all, thank you Iko for this amazing tool. It's really helpful. However I am facing some issues with UDP redirecting. The tool works when I am on local network: I started using it with F1 game on Xbox and I loved it, so I wanted to use it with my friend who races in F1 2021 league and I do his race engineer. I am on Mac and he is on Windows and I don't know these two things:
1. Which IP address he has to type in the tool because I found out there are two. Personal (or something like that) that I can find in settings of the tool and public that you can find by typing "my IP" to google.
2. I don't know much about networking, so how can I find out what is my UDP port number?
Thank you so much for any answer.

Last edited:
Is there an easy way to save all laptimes from your opponents in online mode (with each sector)?
I found some .csv file into "lapdata" and "opponent_laps" folders, but seems quite hard to read.. Thanks in advance

Hi Iko, that's not the issue unfortunately;

All the names and numbers in the Rnum map list are unique, it's just that the race numbers are still appearing in place of the TLAs on the timing screen. The photo is for demonstration purposes, as I was unable to screencap whilst doing live commentary.
If you look at the column with R#, that is the racenumber, and the value is taken directly from the game. If you look at that column, there are e.g. 5 cars using race number 2. What happens with the tool, is that each of the driver with racenumber 2, gets shown the name/text, you have in the racenumber-name map file.

The TLA is visible e.g. 1) in Map, if you choose the TLA option or 2) on that racetiming screen as first column on the top table.

So in order for the racenumber-name map to work, each driver in the league/online race, must have unique racenumber. If two drivers both have same racenumber and that racenumber is listed in the racenumber-name map, then for both drivers the tool will be show same name/TLA.

Cheers

Is there an easy way to save all laptimes from your opponents in online mode (with each sector)?
I found some .csv file into "lapdata" and "opponent_laps" folders, but seems quite hard to read.. Thanks in advance
Currently no, the only option is to build your own tool to get the sector times from the opponen_laps files.

There are though the racehistory files, which will contain laptime + position + some extra data for each car.

Cheers

Hello,
First of all, thank you Iko for this amazing tool. It's really helpful. However I am facing some issues with UDP redirecting. The tool works when I am on local network: I started using it with F1 game on Xbox and I loved it, so I wanted to use it with my friend who races in F1 2021 league and I do his race engineer. I am on Mac and he is on Windows and I don't know these two things:
1. Which IP address he has to type in the tool because I found out there are two. Personal (or something like that) that I can find in settings of the tool and public that you can find by typing "my IP" to google.
2. I don't know much about networking, so how can I find out what is my UDP port number?
Thank you so much for any answer.
Well, you might want to read the help on the UDP redirect etc. and also the earlier posts on these threads. Also bit learning about internet/IP addresses etc would not hurt either, if you want to do networking like this.

Easiest/best option is to use some VPN tunneling solution (like Hamachi), as then you both are in the "same network" and setting up the UDP redirect/forward is super easy.

If you cannot/don't want to use tunneling, then you have to most likely open firewall ports etc. to allow the traffic trough.

Cheers.

If you look at the column with R#, that is the racenumber, and the value is taken directly from the game. If you look at that column, there are e.g. 5 cars using race number 2. What happens with the tool, is that each of the driver with racenumber 2, gets shown the name/text, you have in the racenumber-name map file.

The TLA is visible e.g. 1) in Map, if you choose the TLA option or 2) on that racetiming screen as first column on the top table.

So in order for the racenumber-name map to work, each driver in the league/online race, must have unique racenumber. If two drivers both have same racenumber and that racenumber is listed in the racenumber-name map, then for both drivers the tool will be show same name/TLA.

Cheers
Hi Iko,

Sorry if my first picture caused a misunderstanding. I have attached a second set that should hopefully clear things up.

The names are being processed, but not the TLAs in the Timing Screen and track map, pictures below to demonstrate.
1630774090073.png
1630774068362.png

Last edited:
I seem to be experiencing similar issues/needs as @t1pster. I have a driver map setup and am using the Race Timing screen as well. And it works beautifully from a broadcaster/spectator perspective.

The 2 issues I am seeing are:

1. The top table with the Race Details only shows race numbers (nothing from the driver mapping file is loaded here). It seems to only show Driver Names in the Race AI Telemetry table below.
  2. There is no way to get damage or tire wear information easily from live data (which may not be easy or possible, but damn it would be nice).

Hi everybody.

with the last tool version acc_sharedmemory-relay crashes to desktop, making the app not working... any tip?
Hmm, you mean ACC is doing CTD. I have seen that only happen in development, if the broadcast.json has bad data. This can happen e.g. if you use some other tool alongside my tool, and that other tool overwrites the broadcast.json.

Fix related to my tool is to delete the broadcast.json (from Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config), and after that save the ACC settings from the 'Settings --> ACC Settings'.

Cheers.

I seem to be experiencing similar issues/needs as @t1pster. I have a driver map setup and am using the Race Timing screen as well. And it works beautifully from a broadcaster/spectator perspective.

The 2 issues I am seeing are:

1. The top table with the Race Details only shows race numbers (nothing from the driver mapping file is loaded here). It seems to only show Driver Names in the Race AI Telemetry table below.
  2. There is no way to get damage or tire wear information easily from live data (which may not be easy or possible, but damn it would be nice).

For 1) I can check that. I might have forgotten add that to the RaceTiming, when I added the coloring options there.

For 2, if in online race the other drivers have not made their telemetry public, there is no damage or tire wear data. And for AI cars there is no engine wear data as by Codemasters "they have different wear model".

Cheers.

• Deleted member 927988

Hi, is it possible de use this beautiful tool on other PC ? Thanks ! ;)

Hi, is it possible de use this beautiful tool on other PC ? Thanks ! ;)
Yes it is. See the help for more info on networking.

Setting up for local network (game on Desktop/console + the Telemetry Tool on laptop) is pretty easy. If you want to send data to other locations, then it requires bit more skills on making sure, the data goes to right address and that the firewall(s) allow traffic through or you use some VPN tunneling (like Hamachi).

Cheers.

• Deleted member 927988

Yes it is. See the help for more info on networking.

Setting up for local network (game on Desktop/console + the Telemetry Tool on laptop) is pretty easy. If you want to send data to other locations, then it requires bit more skills on making sure, the data goes to right address and that the firewall(s) allow traffic through or you use some VPN tunneling (like Hamachi).

Cheers.
Thanks, it works perfectly !

Hello Iko, Tool update is great and the new race start analysis is brilliant. I notice that the Portimao track does not save any data, not from the user and not from ghost or other (AI or MP). I made a basic track map as described in the helpfile. Not sure if I am missing something else as well?

Hello Iko, Tool update is great and the new race start analysis is brilliant. I notice that the Portimao track does not save any data, not from the user and not from ghost or other (AI or MP). I made a basic track map as described in the helpfile. Not sure if I am missing something else as well?
Hi,

I noticed the same. Interestingly the track saving works, but not normal lap saving.

I have an idea, why it would be like this, but I need to look at the code. This might happen also with upcoming Imola and Jeddah.

Edit:
I found the issue and fixed it and I also tried to mitigate for Imola + Jeddah release (the issue relates to the unknown track length data, which is used among other parameters to verify, the lap is a proper lap before saving it).

Fix will be in the upcoming 11.2. I expect to put it out, when the AMS2 Monza release is out. If anyone is having super issues of this, please PM me and I will send you link to the 11.2 beta.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the great software! I was wondering if it's possible to use for the follow a driver as race engineer from remote. Like he is on Ps4 and have a pc where Telemetry tools is installed and running and I'm following him from my pc. Is that possible since we are not in the same network? Could he sent his data straight to my public IP rather than his pc? And if yes which port he should use?

Hi, thanks for the great software! I was wondering if it's possible to use for the follow a driver as race engineer from remote. Like he is on Ps4 and have a pc where Telemetry tools is installed and running and I'm following him from my pc. Is that possible since we are not in the same network? Could he sent his data straight to my public IP rather than his pc? And if yes which port he should use?
Yeah, you can do that. He can send the data from his Telemetry tool with UDP Redirect (enable and set IP etc in SEttings --> Network) to send data to you. This way might require you to open a port on your firewall etc, so might require some experience/knowledge.

If you are not very experienced, your friend and you could setup a VPN tunnel to do that (I have heard many of my users are using Hamachi for tunneling), and then it is much easier to setup the UDP redirect as you both are in the same "virtual subnet".

Cheers.

Yeah, you can do that. He can send the data from his Telemetry tool with UDP Redirect (enable and set IP etc in SEttings --> Network) to send data to you. This way might require you to open a port on your firewall etc, so might require some experience/knowledge.

If you are not very experienced, your friend and you could setup a VPN tunnel to do that (I have heard many of my users are using Hamachi for tunneling), and then it is much easier to setup the UDP redirect as you both are in the same "virtual subnet".

Cheers.
Thank you Ico, unfortunately Hamachi is not so easy as even opening all the openeable the inbound traffic is blocked in both direction...I'll try opening a port in my router thank you!
P.S. In online lobbies, in order to collect data from the other drivers, they should have set theyr telemetry to public i assume?

Thank you Ico, unfortunately Hamachi is not so easy as even opening all the openeable the inbound traffic is blocked in both direction...I'll try opening a port in my router thank you!
P.S. In online lobbies, in order to collect data from the other drivers, they should have set theyr telemetry to public i assume?
You get still quite a lot of data from them, even if their telemetry is private. Just try it.

Cheers.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies