Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 11.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Awesome, Iko! Thanks for your suggestion about running the tool in C:\bin\telemetry\, as I was able to run the runWinLauncher.bat and runWin_F12021.bat files without issue.

The Telemetry.jar file still gives me the same error though. No biggie, as I'm still able to run the tool with the appropriate .bat file!
Yep, it is better to use the .bat files, as they will use the custom JRE included with the .zip.

If you double-click the Telemetry.jar, it will use system's JRE, which most likely is different version. If you update your system's Java version to Java 15 or greater, which also has JavaFX, then the double-clicking should work. You can find the JRE + FX e.g. from Azul at https://www.azul.com/downloads/?os=windows&architecture=x86-64-bit&package=jre-fx

Cheers

A little heads-up for the upcoming v11.1. I added a transparent map, which you can have visible on the game screen, if you don't have second monitor. The map can be freely positioned/rotated as with the old standard/normal map.

Cheers.

And here is the pic.
v111_Transparent_map_f1_2021_small.png

Last edited:
Mac + Linux users can modify the runMac.sh to be like this
===================
#!/bin/sh
cd "$(dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}")"
bin/mac/bin/java -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.Launcher &
===================
This will fix the "java not found" issue mentioned earlier.

For Linux, if you hit the same issue, you can add the line starting with 'cd "' to the runLinux.sh to fix the issue.

This will be fixed in 11.1

Cheers.
Have a MAC - Tried this and nothing happens - 10.4 runs fine when I click on Telemetry.jar

Have a MAC - Tried this and nothing happens - 10.4 runs fine when I click on Telemetry.jar

With 10.5 I added new custom JRE and updated java to version 15.

If you click on mac the Telemetry.jar, it will use the System's default Java, which most likely is Java 11 or java 8 and the tool will not work the them anymore, which is why I added newer version as custom JRE to take advantage of e.g. the better memory handling in newer versions.

So on mac you should open terminal, change to the directory, where you unzipped the Telemetry Tool and run the 'bash runMac.sh' instead of clicking the Telemetry.jar. I will do a test installer for mac for one of the upcoming versions, which should make this bit easier.

And just checking, are you on ARM or Intel mac?

Cheers.

Intel Mac
Ok.

If it is still not working, did you:
1) unzip the whole package to somewhere e.g. to Applications (or to directory on your home directory or under Downloads)
V110_mac_install_step1.png

2) then unzip the mac.zip inside the 'bin' directory, where you unzipped the whole package

V100_mac_install_step2.png

3) then open Terminal and change directory (cd, e.g. 'cd /Applications/Telemetry_v11.0_with_JRE') to the place, where you unzipped the whole package and on the terminal type 'bash runmac.sh'
V100_mac_install_step3.png

Cheers

Last edited:
Made the edits to the runMac.sh file and ran - it gave me "no such file or directory" - deleted and reinstalled twice getting same result.
Ok.

If it is still not working, did you:
1) unzip the whole package to somewhere e.g. to Applications (or to directory on your home directory or under Downloads)
View attachment 491896

2) then unzip the mac.zip inside the 'bin' directory, where you unzipped the whole package

View attachment 491893

3) then open Terminal and change directory (cd, e.g. 'cd /Applications/Telemetry_v11.0_with_JRE') to the place, where you unzipped the whole package and on the terminal type 'bash runmac.sh'
View attachment 491895

Cheers
Got it working - thanks! Do I have to start it up every time through Terminal?

Made the edits to the runMac.sh file and ran - it gave me "no such file or directory" - deleted and reinstalled twice getting same result.

Got it working - thanks! Do I have to start it up every time through Terminal?

You could create a launcher/desktop shortcut for it.

Cheers.

Hello! I have problem with telemetry on map tab. Anyone can help me what is going on?
Even in driving tab i don't have some information. Rest of tabs is good.
MAPA TELEMETRIA PROBLEM.png
driving tab.png

Hello! I have problem with telemetry on map tab. Anyone can help me what is going on?
Even in driving tab i don't have some information. Rest of tabs is good.View attachment 492905View attachment 492906
Are you on the latest 1.5 version?

Are you running the game on console?

Do you have on the game's 'Telemetry Settings' the 'Use broadcast mode' enabled? Some people on other lists have said, that the broadcasting mode in the game is buggy, so it should not be used.

Other than that, I don't know what could be the reason there. Maybe disable the Telemetry, restart the game and enable the Telemetry + enable all other things, except the 'Use broadcast mode'.

Cheers

Are you on the latest 1.5 version?

Are you running the game on console?

Do you have on the game's 'Telemetry Settings' the 'Use broadcast mode' enabled? Some people on other lists have said, that the broadcasting mode in the game is buggy, so it should not be used.

Other than that, I don't know what could be the reason there. Maybe disable the Telemetry, restart the game and enable the Telemetry + enable all other things, except the 'Use broadcast mode'.

Cheers
I connected with my friend by hamachi. We are on PC. Im not using broadcast mode. His telemetry is set to public. He has my hamachi IP in the game, and I have his hamachi ip on my telemetry app.

I connected with my friend by hamachi. We are on PC. Im not using broadcast mode. His telemetry is set to public. He has my hamachi IP in the game, and I have his hamachi ip on my telemetry app.
After 2 hours map change to "normal" but all is freezed. Tyre laps is updating. I don't know what is happening.

Next race, and again map is broken.
obraz_2021-08-02_215005.png

Attachments

• obraz_2021-08-02_220312.png
    obraz_2021-08-02_220312.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Well, if you are using tunneling e.g. via hamachi, then you set it this way:
(IP_TOOL is the hamachi network address of the computer, where you run the Telemetry Tool.)

1) SIMPLE: Game ---> Telemetry Tool on separate computer
- Game, set the UDP IP address to be IP_TOOL address in the hamachi network. Keep port at 20777
- Telemetry Tool. If you use port 20777, no need to make any setup changes, i.e. standard setup should work.

OR

2) More advanced: Game --> Telemetry Tool on game computer --> Telemetry Tool on separate computer
- Game, set the UPD IP address to be 127.0.0.1 (i.e. localhost) and port at 20777.
- Telemetry Tool on the Game Computer, if you use port 20777, default settings are ok. (Test that you get data from the game and it works ok.)
- Telemetry Tool on the Game Computer, enable UDP 1 or UDP 2 Redirect and put to IP address the IP_TOOL address. You can leave port here too to 20777.
- Telemetry Tool on separate computer: If you use port 20777, the default settings should work.

Cheers.

Hello! Your tool is extremely useful for me, it's so great! But also I have a question, because I have an e-racing team, and our members are all-over the world, so I would like to know if the long distance telementry of this version is the same with those before? And because we use vpn for local connection racing, and the tool is a little unstable, sometimes there is no data pass between our drivers and engineers, so is there any solution for that?
Thanks a lot and greatful for your contribution!

@MikelFernandes was asking about the baseSettings.xml in the Ratings.

There is no need anymore for baseSettings.xml to be in the .zip. It will be created (to %appdata% on Windows, to install dir on Linux/Mac), when the tool starts. And you can change those settings via the 'Settings' --> 'Base Settings' menu item, so there is no need to "worry" about that file or edit it.

With old installations, the Tool will still read the baseSettings.xml from the install directory, but new installs are better served with the new way.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello! Your tool is extremely useful for me, it's so great! But also I have a question, because I have an e-racing team, and our members are all-over the world, so I would like to know if the long distance telementry of this version is the same with those before? And because we use vpn for local connection racing, and the tool is a little unstable, sometimes there is no data pass between our drivers and engineers, so is there any solution for that?
Thanks a lot and greatful for your contribution!
The networking part is mostly the same, except I made the UDP forward work in a way, where it is not blocking the application, if the receiving end has some issues.

I have tested the connectivity from Asia to Europe and vice versa running the receiving end of the tool in AWS and it work ok both a) sending data from the game and b) using UDP forward.

The network connectivity is always an issue. When you use the VPN tunneling, it might add extra overhead to the connection. You could try without the VPN tunneling, but even there you might have issues.

Cheers

The networking part is mostly the same, except I made the UDP forward work in a way, where it is not blocking the application, if the receiving end has some issues.

I have tested the connectivity from Asia to Europe and vice versa running the receiving end of the tool in AWS and it work ok both a) sending data from the game and b) using UDP forward.

The network connectivity is always an issue. When you use the VPN tunneling, it might add extra overhead to the connection. You could try without the VPN tunneling, but even there you might have issues.

Cheers
What a great tool! But i was wondering the same @cooper temper , what if i want that my engineer in another country wants to use the tool?

Do i have to portforward specific ports?
What is the right setup?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back