Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 11.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello !
Thanks a lot for this tool ! It's amazing !

Just a remark: in Raw Data, when I choose another driver in the tab, I don't have his data. It stays on me. Maybe I missed something? (I'm on PS4, run tool with Windows)

Thank you again !
I checked that. I had forgotten to enable the driver data change there. This will be fixed in next version.

Thank you for the note.

Cheers.

Hey man!
Yesterday I was able to put the revlights and dash on my sf1000 wheel working with your software for acc, but today, it is always crashing acc (ue4 crashing error). Do you know how to fix it? Thanks!
Only times when I have seen my tool "causing" the ue4 crash for ACC, was when I wrote something odd to the broadcast.json (in the C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config)

Sometimes some other dash apps mess with that file. Easy way to fix it is to remove the broadcast.json and then restart ACC + the Telemetry Tool and then in Telemetry Tool go to 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings' and press save. This will keep default values and the Tool should work ok.

Cheers.

Only times when I have seen my tool "causing" the ue4 crash for ACC, was when I wrote something odd to the broadcast.json (in the C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config)

Sometimes some other dash apps mess with that file. Easy way to fix it is to remove the broadcast.json and then restart ACC + the Telemetry Tool and then in Telemetry Tool go to 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings' and press save. This will keep default values and the Tool should work ok.

Cheers.
Hi, just figured it out that I had unticked the "Use UDP Broadcast mode" under network settings and that was causing the crash. Once I ticked it everything was fine.
Thanks for the response!

Hi I'm not able to use the driver_racenum csv file.

I put in the settings dir, but nothing
Which game?

In short, the racenum map should work so, that if you have in the file line like
42,Douglas Adams,ADA
Then for the driver having race number 42, the name will be 'Douglas Adams' and the TLA used will be 'ADA'.

This is handy, if you do league racing, where each driver has unique race number, you could show their names on the Tool, as still the F1 2021 doesn't send out driver names (which will hopefully change in the future).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Second, there were some issue on the UDP Redirect introduced with 11.0, which I have fixed in 11.1. So take the new version first to see, if that fixes the issues.

If not, do you receive data to the local Telemetry Tool from the game ? That is the first step, there is the feed tester for testing that. Check the help file for networking section.

Also looking at your data, your engineer needs to have his/her Telemetry Tool to listen port 9999 for F1 2021 data and he/she has to do the port forward in the router. You don't need to do anything.

Cheers.
Had a moment today to test the programm fully.
WHAT A GREAT TOOL!

Everything is working really fine and fast.
Keep up the good work!

Which game?

In short, the racenum map should work so, that if you have in the file line like
42,Douglas Adams,ADA
Then for the driver having race number 42, the name will be 'Douglas Adams' and the TLA used will be 'ADA'.

This is handy, if you do league racing, where each driver has unique race number, you could show their names on the Tool, as still the F1 2021 doesn't send out driver names (which will hopefully change in the future).

Cheers.
Now is working thanks my fault
but if i added the rows
44,Douglas Adams ,AD1
77,frank ,AD2

I not view the TLA but the number instead

Hey Iko,

I don't know if it's the data being sent from the game or if something is happening in the backend of your app, but at times, in the race timing screen, my best lap is not really my best lap. In fact, every once in a while, the lap time shown for the last lap (which does seem to be accurate) is better than my laptime in the best column.

I'm playing on PS4, sending data to the app on a linux box.

Hey Iko,

I don't know if it's the data being sent from the game or if something is happening in the backend of your app, but at times, in the race timing screen, my best lap is not really my best lap. In fact, every once in a while, the lap time shown for the last lap (which does seem to be accurate) is better than my laptime in the best column.

I'm playing on PS4, sending data to the app on a linux box.

Thank you for the note.

With which game this happens?

I have noticed this myself randomly few times with ACC, but it is bit hard to pinpoint, when it happens, so I wasn't sure, if it was me or something else. I will do some checks on the code to see, if I can spot the culprit.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have a question I am as an observer in f1 2021 with telemetry for 2020 and wanted to enable HTTP. I see the data, but the difference to the leader is wrong. will it be fixed? I am looking for the possibility of reading delta from the game (not the one in a straight line) and saving it and overwriting it to a file so that I can use it for my leaderbord in simhub.

I have a question I am as an observer in f1 2021 with telemetry for 2020 and wanted to enable HTTP. I see the data, but the difference to the leader is wrong. will it be fixed? I am looking for the possibility of reading delta from the game (not the one in a straight line) and saving it and overwriting it to a file so that I can use it for my leaderbord in simhub.
So you use F1 2021, but data format is F1 2020? Which json from the http do you use?

If you use the normal packet, the Delta is the diff to the blue lap, not to the leader.

Edit: Just checked the code, I had not updated on the http-server the method to get the delta to leader. I fixed it so now it should work, the fix will be in 11.2.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks Iko Rein, would you mind sharing your logic how you're calculating your delta? I'm currently working on a project where I need to recreate delta for Simhub and it seems like you've got that one covered in your tool. As a workaround I could just take delta values from your tool and inject it into simhub

Thanks Iko Rein, would you mind sharing your logic how you're calculating your delta? I'm currently working on a project where I need to recreate delta for Simhub and it seems like you've got that one covered in your tool. As a workaround I could just take delta values from your tool and inject it into simhub
Hi,

I wrote on Codemasters forum on one of the UDP telemetry spec threads a pretty long description on how I calculate the time diff/delta. It seems to be gone missing, when they did some re-org there.

In short, I divide the total race distance to smaller sectors (from 1m to 500m, this is the delta accuracy slider in Settings) and then I check when any car passes to new 'sector', I save the time of passing with some extra magic to make it more accurate. Now I can then use these 'columns' in the matrix to see, what is the delta/timediff between the cars at that point. This gives quite accurate data, especially if you use the most accurate model. Performance wise this is good solution and does not take too much memory.

Cheers

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that. I'm playing F1 2021 on PS4.
Ok. I will check the code, if there is something easy to spot.

I drive most of the time with blue lap set to 'Session fastest', but will do more testing with the 'Fastest lap' setting. I know the issue might be bit random, so if you find a way to reproduce the situation, please let me know.

Cheers.

Ok. I will check the code, if there is something easy to spot.

I drive most of the time with blue lap set to 'Session fastest', but will do more testing with the 'Fastest lap' setting. I know the issue might be bit random, so if you find a way to reproduce the situation, please let me know.

Cheers.
I wish I knew what I could do to cause it.

So far, I haven't noticed it in the practice sessions or qualy, only during the race. It may have happened in those other sessions, but I have never noticed. I thought it might have something to do with pit stops, as the fast laps I'm setting after boxing are faster than before, but in my last race, the display was correct, so that doesn't seem to be "it."

I'll try to pay more attention with an eye toward this to see if I can reproduce it. In fact, I might try something with using a flashback. I get the feeling I'm using them more often in this game than in games past; I like to let my mistakes stand, but I will use them for weird things that happen (such as the inconsistent reaction of the cars going over kerbs in this year's game or backmarkers running into the barriers to get out of my way). Maybe I'll try one as I'm setting purple or personal best sectors and see if that has an effect.

Hello,

Thanks for the tool. I think the main trap is when you also use Simhub, several days to understand that you have to forward the signal from one tool to another in order to be able to use both tools at the same time ! :roflmao:

Hi again Iko,

I've been trying to get stuff sorted for some league racing commentary, I've done the r-num name map file, but it doesn't seem to be assigning TLAs. This is using F1 2021 on the same PC as the game. (Photo below shows a test in a public lobby, with some people who have similar rNumbers).
1630260807073.png

Any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Hi again Iko,

I've been trying to get stuff sorted for some league racing commentary, I've done the r-num name map file, but it doesn't seem to be assigning TLAs. This is using F1 2021 on the same PC as the game. (Photo below shows a test in a public lobby, with some people who have similar rNumbers).View attachment 499538

Any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Each driver must have unique race number. If you have 5+ drivers with race number 2, then only the the last name in the racenumber-name list (i.e. map) will be used.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Each driver must have unique race number. If you have 5+ drivers with race number 2, then only the the last name in the racenumber-name list (i.e. map) will be used.

Cheers.
Hi Iko, that's not the issue unfortunately;

All the names and numbers in the Rnum map list are unique, it's just that the race numbers are still appearing in place of the TLAs on the timing screen. The photo is for demonstration purposes, as I was unable to screencap whilst doing live commentary.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.