T300 SUPERB FFB SETTINGS 2020 (with CM)

2022 version UPDATED FOR THE LATEST DRIVERS & FIRMWARE (34)

Hi Guys,

After having the T300 for over a year now (which I love), I tried, as all of us, to find a superb FFB feeling to my liking, which is not brutal, but strong enough to feel even the slightest road / track anomalies, or when passing over a curb to feel it quite nicely. I tried all the combos posted here, and then I started experimenting mixing and matching settings, testing sliders one by one, then a mix of them, and so on (there is no LUT in these settings as Thrustmasters are extremely linear). Anyway, I 've come up with the below settings which I find almost perfect (for me), and I wanted to share them with all, and maybe someone likes them! So, lets go:

T300 PANEL
1641816390230.jpeg

In-game Settings (In CM)

CM.PNG

Enabled Gyro

Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
GYRO.PNG

Post Processing

Open Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini using Notepad:
FF POST PR.PNG

The above settings work standalone. On top of that, you can also activate the FFB clip app, or not.
(some people like it, others not, I personally use it because it feels so much better!)

The app is nice on Dynamic, however on default settings the Dynamic mode "moves" so fast from very soft to hard that confuses you. So, I ve come with this setup which is subtle

On track FFB Clip App
DEFAULT FFB STRENGTH 75
DYNAMIC THRESOLD 100
DYNAMIC MODE INTENSITY 150
DYNAMIC MODE ON

I set the majority of the cars between 65-80 (depending on the car).

For drifting, justand set the ffb clip strength to 35-45, or how strong you like it.

ATTENTION, THE FFB TWEAKS IN CM, SHOULD NOT BE ACTIVATED

Do a lap at Nordschleife where the road has all kinds of anomalies, uphills, slopes, curbs. bumps, etc.

I hope you like them !

Last edited:
these settings are great. thank you. the majority of the videos/guides i've read have the road/kerb/slip settings turned WAY down and I am starting to wonder if it's because a lot of people prefer easy "controller" feel over realism. i've done some track and autocross in real life with an M3, but i'm a total Assetto corsa noob. these settings are the closest i've found to a real M3.

these settings are great. thank you. the majority of the videos/guides i've read have the road/kerb/slip settings turned WAY down and I am starting to wonder if it's because a lot of people prefer easy "controller" feel over realism. i've done some track and autocross in real life with an M3, but i'm a total Assetto corsa noob. these settings are the closest i've found to a real M3.

many thx mate! As I wrote many times in this post, I ended up with these settings according to what my hands are feeling from the FFB and is closer to reality imo (I've done several real life test in the past years in some European test tracks with various brands, among them many BMWs 3s, 5s & 6s, as I was working for BMW for some years, and when you hit a kerb with 150km, you really feel it in your hands!).
So, it feels way more realistic with these 3 fx pumped up (especially the kerb & road) rather than having them to 0, because they are "not supposed to be real fx" generated by the game's FFB.
Enjoy your driving !

2022 version UPDATED FOR THE LATEST DRIVERS & FIRMWARE (34)

Hi Guys,

After having the T300 for over a year now (which I love), I tried, as all of us, to find a superb FFB feeling to my liking, which is not brutal, but strong enough to feel even the slightest road / track anomalies, or when passing over a curb to feel it quite nicely. I tried all the combos posted here, and then I started experimenting mixing and matching settings, testing sliders one by one, then a mix of them, and so on (there is no LUT in these settings as Thrustmasters are extremely linear). Anyway, I 've come up with the below settings which I find almost perfect (for me), and I wanted to share them with all, and maybe someone likes them! So, lets go:

T300 PANEL
View attachment 531672

In-game Settings (In CM)

CM.PNG

Enabled Gyro

Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
GYRO.PNG

Post Processing

Open Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini using Notepad:
FF POST PR.PNG

The above settings work standalone. On top of that, you can also activate the FFB clip app, or not.
(some people like it, others not, I personally use it because it feels so much better!)

The app is nice on Dynamic, however on default settings the Dynamic mode "moves" so fast from very soft to hard that confuses you. So, I ve come with this setup which is subtle

On track FFB Clip App
DEFAULT FFB STRENGTH 75
DYNAMIC THRESOLD 100
DYNAMIC MODE INTENSITY 150
DYNAMIC MODE ON

I set the majority of the cars between 65-80 (depending on the car).

For drifting, justand set the ffb clip strength to 35-45, or how strong you like it.

ATTENTION, THE FFB TWEAKS IN CM, SHOULD NOT BE ACTIVATED

Do a lap at Nordschleife where the road has all kinds of anomalies, uphills, slopes, curbs. bumps, etc.

I hope you like them !
why doesn't no setup work for my ts-xw im so tired of it had this wheel for two weeks and on every setup it just shakes when its straight and i feel almost no force feedback it just feels light

Hi Tassos, I followed your guide and like the FFB but sometimes after I crash the neutral position for the wheel changes. To drive straight I have to keep the wheel 120 degrees to the left for instance. Do you have any idea what could cause this?

Last edited:
Hi Tassos, I followed your guide and like the FFB but sometimes after I crash the neutral position for the wheel changes. To drive straight I have to keep the wheel 120 degrees to the left for instance. Do you have any idea what could cause this?
Do you have damage on? Maybe its the result of the crash ... (Like in reality)?' If not, then I ve never had such an issue, or I havent read it from any other player... Maybe to reinstall your wheel and recalibrate in windows? I cant think somerhing else... In any case, these settings do not mess with the wheel's linearity or calibration at all, they are just adjusting the ffb forces..
Any other user maybe could help if he had such an issue...

Last edited:
Yeah damage is at 50%. I will do some tests tomorrow with damage disabled. But with the default settings I never had this happen before... Strange.
Really strange...
as I said noone reported such issue (here or at steam where more than 100 users applied the settings..).for over a year
I am no expert, but.maybe in the past did you applied any lut files or messed with any wheel files or AC ini files?? Just guessing... Anyhow, since you are the first having this issue, I would suggest reinstalling the wheel from scratch

Just wondering if this is normal for others. Since the last firmware update, my wheel no longer goes through that initialization\rotation sequence when I power up the computer like it did before the update. Oddly enough, it does do it if I restart the computer, but not if it's off to start.

Is that the new norm for this wheel now?

Just wondering if this is normal for others. Since the last firmware update, my wheel no longer goes through that initialization\rotation sequence when I power up the computer like it did before the update. Oddly enough, it does do it if I restart the computer, but not if it's off to start.

Can't tell because I'm using a laptop so I disconnect the computer and use it in other rooms etc.

What I say is that every time I connect it, it calibrates, but if you're interested I can make a couple tests by shutting down the computer and restarting it, then tell you the results

Can't tell because I'm using a laptop so I disconnect the computer and use it in other rooms etc.

What I say is that every time I connect it, it calibrates, but if you're interested I can make a couple tests by shutting down the computer and restarting it, then tell you the results
If you don't mind. I'm curious what it does since mine doesn't calibrate on startup anymore.

Hey mate, no the procedure didnt changed for me after the updated firm + drivers. It still calibrates normally on pc power on. Some windows updates are known to mess up usb ports altogether. I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall your wheel

Hey mate, no the procedure didnt changed for me after the updated firm + drivers. It still calibrates normally on pc power on. Some windows updates are known to mess up usb ports altogether. I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall your wheel
Thanks for checking. I will try a different port and see what happens first before I do the uninstall\reinstall thing.

Maybe fast boot (bios) or fast startup (windows energy settings) got set due to an update or by yourself?
That would "cache" some things, maybe the calibration trigger too.

A restart makes windows go through a clean restart without the "fast" stuff.

Read this post more than once. Its very informative.
I have a question regarding my T300 and AC on PS4 console
When I change the FFB settings on my pc it has zero effect in game. All of my wheel forceback comes straight from the PS4 and AC.
I set all 5 lines to 0% and its still strong as hell on the game. All the adjustments in AC lower the FFB but I still feel like something’s broke
My “apply” button in the thrustmaster settings is greyed out and unselect able after making changes but I notice yours is also. But then when I test in the test forces column there is no feed back as intended.
Ive reinstalled drivers and everything hoping to bring the apply button back to be selectable. But no luck.

“Edit” I just read a post saying no, these settings dont control what happens on console.

Last edited:
Thanks heaps for that Maxilogan. Its funny as I only asked because I have seen so many posts on here saying to change those settings to these values “then” go into the console and do those values. And seeing how many feel the changes!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back