Tracks Sveg, Sweden

here's my current to do list:

Do you guys have photos of the stand where the checkered flag guy is usually standing, from small to mid sized tracks? I'm not looking for anything like to command stands at modern F1 circuits.
Something like this?
RacingFlagsJune2007.jpg

Here's a random screenshot to grab your attention:
18.JPG

Beta testers: I've worked on the track all day and got a lot of the things done that I wanted to, but I'm still gonna need the whole day tomorrow to plant new grass.I hope I'll get it all done tomorrow, and then you'll be getting download links via PM. The grass is kind of important since it's one of the things that are prone to error (for you to spot) and it impacts the fps. So I really wanna include that in the beta.

ok, I've worked all day today to make the grass. I think something like 16 hrs in total. It's essentially done, except the LOD is incomplete.

The good news is: We're in beta. :)

The remainder of this post will be updated when the beta testers find stuff, etc.

[moved to first post on page 1]

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
About the flickering ad boards, now i have not modded AC but this happens in other games because the sub-object is not attached to it's parent object. Not sure if that is useful but thought i'd try to help. :)

Flickering objects can also be due to hidden faces behind the visible face. Either make your boards thicker or delete any faces that are behind the board but hidden by it.

I think it has too many collidable cones, the game doesn't like it much, there's a recommend max of collidable object iirc.
The track is really amazing! with the RX7 Tuned is a blast.
ckXXequ.jpg

the track billboards on that part of the back straight (?) are covered by the walls, they don't look good.
also there could/should be some reverb sound on the bridge and exit as well ?
JxlHu2Z.jpg

then this camera is clipping the fence
K1sgaUF.jpg

and what do you guys think of having a green (like imola) or whatever color carpet (with lower grip ofc) on this area instead of dirt/gravel, which looks kind of "unrealistic" considering the whole scenery of that area.
XeAzV4n.jpg

this one is just a thought.

Ok guys. You're a big help already. Sorry I haven't responded to your PMs yet, but you should see your reports in my "known issues" or "changelog" lists. I really appreciate this!

I did some beta-testing myself and found a few more things. I fused everything with my to do list, so the known issues / to do list in the "beta post" is now complete and up to date.

Some positive notes:
- you guys seem to really dig the layout
- performance seems alright
- AI seems to be working well

Oh and since it came up: No, sorry, I'm not putting in buildings / huts that don't exist in reality. :p

Last edited:
FYI I'm working on new walls. During my own 1hr driving session today I had the impression that the road surface and grass look absolutely stunning, but the concrete walls are kinda killing it.

I'm also not happy with the look of the trees, but tree surgery will take too long before 1.0.

Right is old, left is new (not finished, work in progress):
19.JPG

Last edited:
I'll just copy and paste from above:

- pit guy (Mr Lollipop) stands on the wrong side (i.e. he's on the right but should be on the left) - how do I change this?

- fences don't look ideal, theres a hard edge in the brightness, separating the top part from the rest. need some advice here - should I have the vertex normals face up like on 3d grass? what's the solution here?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back