Tracks Sveg, Sweden

I'm at around .25 for both now, and I find this way to dark and the shadows too harsh. it still looks super bright in game.

I haven't, actually. Will try that later today. (Anyway, I don't think I ever adjusted that since installing AC from vanilla not too long ago).

Exposure setting does nothing as long as you are using the natural filter as it is fixed on that filter (which is the reason you should be using that filter). I have a feeling you still have the same materials/shaders assigned in another kn5 so even though you are changing the settings to the main kn5 it is still using the values from the other kn5 causing everything to stay bright.

Exposure setting does nothing as long as you are using the natural filter as it is fixed on that filter (which is the reason you should be using that filter). I have a feeling you still have the same materials/shaders assigned in another kn5 so even though you are changing the settings to the main kn5 it is still using the values from the other kn5 causing everything to stay bright.
Yes, I understand why you think that. However, when I reduced the brightness on off the track kn5 but not the 3d_grass kn5, the flat surface under the 3d grass was visibly darker. By now I darkened the grass as well, and now it's all on a matching level again, just too bright. Note how the sky is also way too bright in the in-game screenshot, hinting towards a too bright overall setting, instead of just the track bring set up too bright.

Nevertheless, I'll send you the current version + fbx + fbx ini files when I get home from work so you can have a look.

Then just compare the sky to a kunos track and make sure they are the same. If you can't get the shaders low enough then you need to darken the textures. The editor has never been exactly the same as in game so I wouldn't worry about the difference. I believe in the editor the natural filter does have a slight amount of auto exposure which would account for the difference.

The difference of exposure in editor is really annoying when modeling cars. As I like to check how car looks from close and far distance, with small and big fov... Sometimes it is very hard to judge if the shader is too bright or too dark without checking in game. Object can look perfect, but after getting very close to it it might become much much darker.

Never been bothered by this issue when working with tracks for some reason...

He hasn't answered what graphics filter he is using in game. That seems like graphics filter to me.

The difference of exposure in editor is really annoying when modeling cars. As I like to check how car looks from close and far distance, with small and big fov... Sometimes it is very hard to judge if the shader is too bright or too dark without checking in game. Object can look perfect, but after getting very close to it it might become much much darker.

Never been bothered by this issue when working with tracks for some reason...

He hasn't answered what graphics filter he is using in game. That seems like graphics filter to me.
He is using the natural filter.

Guys, problem solved. Exposure was actually set to 200% for some reason, and I don't know why. Where's that number saved? Cause I'm almost certain I didn't set this up after my last reinstall of AC. I feel slightly stupid now and will humbly get back to work on improving the look of the track now.

I might be back with screenshots later tonight. Just FYI, tree shadows are back :)

Guys, problem solved. Exposure was actually set to 200% for some reason, and I don't know why. Where's that number saved? Cause I'm almost certain I didn't set this up after my last reinstall of AC. I feel slightly stupid now and will humbly get back to work on improving the look of the track now.

I might be back with screenshots later tonight. Just FYI, tree shadows are back :)
Glad you solved it :)

Exposure setting:
\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters
-> "YourUsedPPFilter.ini"

-> the settings I currently use, depends on your screen etc.
[AUTO_EXPOSURE]
ENABLED=0 (1 = auto exposure on, 0 = off)
DELAY=0.2 ; delay in seconds for auto exp to adjust
MIN=0.315 ; min auto exposure
MAX=0.585 ; max auto exposure
TARGET=0.39

If not used:
[TONEMAPPING]
HDR=1 ; don't touch this
; SetTonemapParameters()
EXPOSURE=0.42 ; this doesn't work if you have set auto exposure

Important: page up/down only adjusts the auto exposure! So if you have it at 0 the buttons don't work!

Hope that helps somehow :)

update: bigly improved visuals all around. New road textures, new grass textures, improved shader settings everywhere :)
04.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

I told you ;)

So is it ready for bets test? I could help with some cameras if you want
Not quite. Give me like two-three more days to bring all the elements that are currently there to a visually pleasing look, and then you can test it. We can talk about cameras. Have you done this before and is there a video of the cameras on youtube? :)

Cameras really are quite simple, if you would prefer to keep your track all 'in house'.
One set of replay cameras are already in place, that's why I'm asking. It may not be the most advanced set of cameras ever, but if I put in another one it needs to match the quality. I don't wanna say no just yet, but it's not absolutely necessary.

here's my current to do list:

before beta release:
- put in new drainage
- add missing power lines
- add road signs
- fix trees
- redo rural road paint
- redo grid paint

after beta release:
- overhaul pit entry & exit lights, add rails, tires, etc.
- redo grass on track
- build flag waver stand
- add grass & stuff off-track
- finish surrounding landscape
- add more ads
- add skid marks

Do you guys have photos of the stand where the checkered flag guy is usually standing, from small to mid sized tracks? I'm not looking for anything like to command stands at modern F1 circuits.

this is the current & basically final look the track will have for 1.0. In terms of performance it's unfortunately not matching Kunos tracks, mainly because of all the trees, but you will be able to turn details down for older PCs:
05.JPG
06.JPG
07.JPG
08.JPG
11.JPG
14.JPG
16.JPG

oh and BTW beta release is planned for "some time this weekend". Maybe saturday, maybe sunday evening. Depends on how much I get done. Show of hands please, who is willing to test? I'd like to make a list.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%