Tracks Sveg, Sweden

I know it's a bit late already but being a high speed track I think you never thougth of adding a chicane anywhere, right? Those left/right with high kerbs and anti cheat, just a thought, you can always add it as a 2nd layout.
Kinda like they did in Lemans or like they do on monza for the rally shows

Nah, the layout is fixed. I'm not a big fan of chicanes (except T4 @ Deep Forest Raceway in Gran Turismo 3). I also thought about a shorter layout, but then you can't go to the other side of the lake anymore, and it would just mess up the whole idea of it using existing public roads. It's kinda like Albert Park (Melbourne), which also comes with exactly one layout.

I forgot to mention, does anyone feel the kerbs are a bit low rumbling compared to kunos tracks? when I'm on the loaded side of the suspension they feel a bit soft, not much vibrating and comunicating, though I only tried with road cars. Will give it a try with a more stiff car

new camera test

Thanks :) I like many but not all cameras. If you don't mind I'll look into merging it with my cameras and see if that works.

Ok, So I removed the shadow patch from the acs.exe and set them back to Med settings 1024x1024. Time on track is 1600. Weird block shadow line has gone. I went through every shadow level and still same which is good. It could be an issue with the way it patches shadows out of the game and not your track.
View attachment 226301

In essence, I can cross it off the to do list? :)

Shadows in VR have a tendency to flicker and give triangles which can get annoying. Your track is no different and It occurs to stock Kunos tracks as well. Good think is average FPS remains at 90FPS which is really good. World detail from Med up to Maximum stays at 90FPS. Only 2 areas where it drops and that is approaching pit entry and the first advertising sign across the
track it drops to 45 and ASW kicks in. Beta testers with VR can confirm if possible?

The first track bridge (its actually a footbridge, not just for the banner ;) ) is pretty much the lowest spot in terms of FPS on the track. I'd appreciate some input on what could cause this. It's the spot I've been using to get my min FPS estimates all along

And btw the situation improves further with the new walls, since they're low poly. At 2 pm I'm getting a min of 99 now, with it usually being between 100 and 110. However, Barcelona, for example, is in the 130-140 fps range mostly (I actually didn't see it drop below 130). So still a bit to go in terms of performance. Not sure what though.

This caught my eye as i exited the corner. Floating tree. Not a biggie but I see it every time now. Hopefully you can recognize where this is on track.View attachment 226303 View attachment 226304

Thanks, fixed (I hope). And of course I recognize where it is ;-)

I forgot to mention, does anyone feel the kerbs are a bit low rumbling compared to kunos tracks? when I'm on the loaded side of the suspension they feel a bit soft, not much vibrating and comunicating, though I only tried with road cars. Will give it a try with a more stiff car

This may be a good point. I'd appreciate more feedback on this!

Walls along pit/start straight non collide able. I can drive through and fall through map.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_sveg_14-12-117-16-28-11.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_sveg_14-12-117-16-29-3.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_sveg_14-12-117-16-32-0.jpg
Falling through the map between the straight and pit wall.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_sveg_14-12-117-16-33-46.jpg

also change log is growing (see first post) ;)

some more LOD work got us up to a min fps of 103 now. I suppose when it's all said and done we'll end up at around 110. That would be pretty good in my opinion.

Last edited:
Good news, everyone.

1) @LilSki has offered making the groove / skid marks for me, which asserts that it will be there for the public release and it will certainly look good :)

2) I'm liking the replay camera settings by @Leonardo Ratafiá more and more. I will modify a few of these but use most of the cameras unchanged, and I will probably take this as the main camera set. That also means it might ship with only one replay camera set for release but I think that's not too problematic.

3) I'm not into league racing and all that, so I don't know what's going on there. But I'd like to talk to league organizers to ask them if they would consider using the track for leagues, or what would have to change in order to make it applicable for league racing. Can you tell me who I should talk to, or maybe some of you can already answer this question...? :) I'm happy to listen.

3) I'm not into league racing and all that, so I don't know what's going on there. But I'd like to talk to league organizers to ask them if they would consider using the track for leagues, or what would have to change in order to make it applicable for league racing. Can you tell me who I should talk to, or maybe some of you can already answer this question...? :) I'm happy to listen.

A chicane maybe? :D
I don't know, some leagues only use real tracks only, I personally love street courses, semi permanent and any track that is well done (like this one)
It would depend on what combo they use

A chicane maybe? :D
I don't know, some leagues only use real tracks only, I personally love street courses, semi permanent and any track that is well done (like this one)
It would depend on what combo they use

Ok so making this a real track is a bit over my budget. But I think it's wide enough, has a couple good overtaking opportunities, 28 (or 26?) slots, looks quite good and,I hope, "could" be real, i.e., it's not unrealistic. So for those leagues that dont have specific "real tracks only" rules, is there anything missing? and who would i talk to about that? I just feel like it doesnt hurt to ask and hear what they think.

Ok so making this a real track is a bit over my budget. But I think it's wide enough, has a couple good overtaking opportunities, 28 (or 26?) slots, looks quite good and,I hope, "could" be real, i.e., it's not unrealistic. So for those leagues that dont have specific "real tracks only" rules, is there anything missing? and who would i talk to about that? I just feel like it doesnt hurt to ask and hear what they think.
Our league runs 32 slots. 30 are for drivers and 2 are for broadcasters.

Our league runs 32 slots. 30 are for drivers and 2 are for broadcasters.
well, so long as nobody complains about a (visual) mismatch with the location of the pit boxes, I can add another 4 (/6) slots.

Also, what league is that, who's the host, and would it be conceivable they would include a well-made fantasy track? :)

well, so long as nobody complains about a (visual) mismatch with the location of the pit boxes, I can add another 4 (/6) slots.

Also, what league is that, who's the host, and would it be conceivable they would include a well-made fantasy track? :)
Chances of running a fantasy track is slim. We usually add spots in a second row and I feel most leagues have at least one guy who knows tracks enough to do that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%