Streaming? Sweet!!

Apps Streaming? Sweet!! 2022.04.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Help ? How do you redirect the audio output for Announcer Bot ?
Or am I missing something.

On a replay ( and live ) the announcer bot output is appearing on my display speakers and not the headset that all sounds configured to go to in CM.

When I tried streaming a replay, the stream had none of the Announcer Bot sounds, which were heard on the monitor, but not captured by Xbox Game record.

Am thinking somewhere it is using a different audio path and hopefully all I am needing to do is configure it correctly ??
Been through all the documentation and ini files I can find and no luck :(

Other than the voices being very robotic and the need for better natural speech output modules to assist you , this is a great suite of apps.

Help ? How do you redirect the audio output for Announcer Bot ?
Or am I missing something.

On a replay ( and live ) the announcer bot output is appearing on my display speakers and not the headset that all sounds configured to go to in CM.

When I tried streaming a replay, the stream had none of the Announcer Bot sounds, which were heard on the monitor, but not captured by Xbox Game record.

Am thinking somewhere it is using a different audio path and hopefully all I am needing to do is configure it correctly ??
Been through all the documentation and ini files I can find and no luck :(

Other than the voices being very robotic and the need for better natural speech output modules to assist you , this is a great suite of apps.
I like to think of the "Microsoft David" voice as amusingly adequate. :)

The ABot app is shelling out all speech to the voice.exe, which you can find documentation for here:

I don't see any options in that command line to specify which audio playback device should be used, but I would assume it's sending sound out to whatever's the default windows Playback device, so you could try making the windows default sound device the same as whatever AC/CM are set to use, or just disabling whatever sound devices you don't want to use when you're streaming/capturing. Sorry there's not a better answer than that.

1634079487564.png

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Last edited:
Random information on editing the AutoCam.INI

The AC interface uses the Function keys for switching cameras, but the AC API has a different method/indexes for accessing the various cameras

Comments From the INI:
;Camera acsys.CM.Cockpit = 0
;Camera acsys.CM.Car = 1
;Camera acsys.CM.Drivable = 2
;Camera acsys.CM.Track = 3
;Camera acsys.CM.Helicopter = 4
;Camera acsys.CM.OnBoardFree = 5
;Camera acsys.CM.Free = 6
;Camera acsys.CM.Random = 7
;Camera acsys.CM.ImageGeneratorCamera = 8
;Camera acsys.CM.Start = 9

One difference to note is that the F1 Cams are split into Cockpit 0 and Drivable 2. Drivable is every F1 cam that's not the Cockpit.

;drivableCams = 0^0|1^1|2^0|3^0|4^1 - Chase1|Chase2|Roof|Bonnet|Dash
drivableCams = 0^0|1^1|2^0|3^0|4^1

You can set the weight of the drivable cams you don't want to use to 0

;In this example all the driveable cams except bonnet are 0, so only bonnet would be chosen.
drivableCams = 0^0|1^0|2^0|3^1|4^0

You would then need to make sure that the Driveable cams are enabled in cameraSwitching definition

;in this cameraSwitching string drivable cams have a 0 weight, which means the logic will never choose them
cameraSwitching = 3^30^35|0^0^10|1^10^5|2^0^8|4^2^5|5^0^10|6^0^10|7^0^5|8^0^10|9^0^10

;in this cameraSwitching string I have increased the drivable cams randomization weight to 40
cameraSwitching = 3^30^35|0^0^10|1^10^5|2^40^8|4^2^5|5^0^10|6^0^10|7^0^5|8^0^10|9^0^10

For each camera the three numbers are Camera^randomizationWeight^cameraSwitchDelay

Camera is which camera index from the list shown above
randomizationWeight is an integer value where larger numbers increase the chances that camera is chosen
cameraSwitchDelay is how long the logic should stay on that camera before choosing a new one

When I am testing changes I often copy the line I am going to change, comment out the original, and edit the copy

;cameraSwitching = 3^30^35|0^0^10|1^10^5|2^0^8|4^2^5|5^0^10|6^0^10|7^0^5|8^0^10|9^0^10
cameraSwitching = 0^1^5|6^1^5

Hopefully this information is useful to someone. :)

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Is there a way to display the complete Firstname and Lastname in the time tower?
I'm planning on using it on a livestream this Sunday and I think it will look nice if you see the whole names of the contenders.
nameformat = 0 ;THEME: 0 for full name, 1 for first initial and last name

I see that, but with "=0", I get this result:

Thanks! :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-19 104533.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-19 104533.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Is there a way to display the complete Firstname and Lastname in the time tower?
I'm planning on using it on a livestream this Sunday and I think it will look nice if you see the whole names of the contenders.
nameformat = 0 ;THEME: 0 for full name, 1 for first initial and last name

I see that, but with "=0", I get this result:

Thanks! :cool:
BCast INI editing can be a bit tricky since there are potentially 3 different INI files being read

You are more than likely editing the primary BCast.INI, but there is also an optional IP_INI (which is most likely not being used), and the INI specific to the theme:

Lines from the the py_log.txt:
BCast(0.3081): theme = modernASRL
BCast(0.3111): Optional apps\python\BCast\IP_INIs\127_0_0_1.ini NOT FOUND
BCast(0.3112): Optional apps\python\BCast\img\modernASRL\modernASRL.ini Found, Reading Settings

All the various settings/lines in the BCast.INI are considered mandatory, and they are optionally overridden if found in the IP_INI or the themes INI. If you happen to be streaming/capturing for different leagues on different servers this can help to customize the look and feel for each one (if so desired).

You can copy any of those img folders (such as modernVAC or modernASRL) to start your own theme folder. Edit those files and then reference that new theme folder in the BCast.INI, or just edit the files in place, as you can always revert back to the defaults using the downloaded .zip file.

TL;DR - Check the theme being referenced in the BCast.INI and edit it's INI file to get the results you want.

BCast INI editing can be a bit tricky since there are potentially 3 different INI files being read

You are more than likely editing the primary BCast.INI, but there is also an optional IP_INI (which is most likely not being used), and the INI specific to the theme:

Lines from the the py_log.txt:
BCast(0.3081): theme = modernASRL
BCast(0.3111): Optional apps\python\BCast\IP_INIs\127_0_0_1.ini NOT FOUND
BCast(0.3112): Optional apps\python\BCast\img\modernASRL\modernASRL.ini Found, Reading Settings

All the various settings/lines in the BCast.INI are considered mandatory, and they are optionally overridden if found in the IP_INI or the themes INI. If you happen to be streaming/capturing for different leagues on different servers this can help to customize the look and feel for each one (if so desired).

You can copy any of those img folders (such as modernVAC or modernASRL) to start your own theme folder. Edit those files and then reference that new theme folder in the BCast.INI, or just edit the files in place, as you can always revert back to the defaults using the downloaded .zip file.

TL;DR - Check the theme being referenced in the BCast.INI and edit it's INI file to get the results you want.

Thanks for your reply, I'll be sure to check it out! Let me use this post to say that the tower did work very nicely in the stream anyway! If you can stand a bit of Dutch commentary, here's the result:

Esotic updated Streaming? Sweet!! with a new update entry:

BCast Subtitle & Standing Changes, AutoCam Countdown Delay

BCast updates include MiniPreviews in the Subtitle (which require some work on your end to function correctly), and Badges and Livery Icons in the Subtitle and Standings. There have also been some adjustments that will hopefully improve framerates.
View attachment 556210

The BCast Config has been overhauled, and is now mostly for quick changes once you've loaded a session to fine tune the standings:

View attachment 556211

AutoCam now contains 2 new entries in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a problem with the autostart app. ich it is turned on i am stuck in the pitlane. when y try to drive out it ports me to the pitstall how can i break free?

I have a problem with the autostart app. ich it is turned on i am stuck in the pitlane. when y try to drive out it ports me to the pitstall how can i break free?
You have to disable it in AC/CM settings. What you are describing is exactly how it's designed to work, as it's meant to be used with unattended and automated sessions/streams.

Hi guys,
Reading the documentation I didn't find how to rezide the app's windows ike standings and subtitle.
In the previous version there was a control in the config but it didn't save the config, so each time I loaded a session I had to adjust the size, but in this new version the control is gone.
Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
Reading the documentation I didn't find how to rezide the app's windows ike standings and subtitle.
In the previous version there was a control in the config but it didn't save the config, so each time I loaded a session I had to adjust the size, but in this new version the control is gone.
Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance.
My apologies that this is not more straight forward.

In the primary BCast.INI is a reference to the theme being used. At this point I would suggest modernASRL or modernVAC as a starting point.

Code:
theme = modernASRL

All of the themes are stored inside the BCast\img folder. I have only tested the modernASRL and modernVAC themes with this latest release.

Each theme has it's own INI file that matches the folder name (modernASRL.ini, modernVAC.ini, etc):

1650968251789.png

Inside the themes INI file is where you can find those value to resize the various windows (and the options for windows and their controls.

Code:
sizesessioninfo = 8
sizestanding = 10
sizesubtitle = 8
sizecontroller = 8

I like for all of the background PNGs to be "pixel perfect", and if you look in the py_log.txt there will be the sizes for all the standings PNGs

Code:
BCast(0.6543): Theme Standing Sizes for PNG optimization
BCast(0.6543): height = 31
BCast(0.6543): widthPos = 32.0
BCast(0.6543): widthBadge = 30.0
BCast(0.6543): heightBadge = 29.0
BCast(0.6544): widthLivery = 30.0
BCast(0.6544): widthName = 120.0
BCast(0.6545): widthTyre = 32.0
BCast(0.6545): widthTime = 100.0
BCast(0.6545): widthPit = 60.0

Please let me know if there are other questions.

Cheers,

Esotic

Hey Esotic, really like this package of apps, and the latest updates have improved it again. I've got my replay's pretty much how I want them now - the only slight niggle i've got, is that I can't seem to work out how how to change the first lap camera after the start, to be like it was before, ie the trackside cam instead of the chase cam?

Hey Esotic, really like this package of apps, and the latest updates have improved it again. I've got my replay's pretty much how I want them now - the only slight niggle i've got, is that I can't seem to work out how how to change the first lap camera after the start, to be like it was before, ie the trackside cam instead of the chase cam?
You'll want to switch the

firstLapSwitching = 2^1^10

In the AutoCam.ini file to

firstLapSwitching = 3^1^10

Cheers,

Esotic

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 57 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 93 58.1%