Streaming? Sweet!!

Apps Streaming? Sweet!! 2022.04.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello Esotic,

I have a question, is there something in the app somewhere why a name could not be displayed completely?

With best regards
Stefan
I will need you to clarify exactly how the name is not completely displayed, but there are a few things that may affect this. Some characters are not allowed, as they cause issues (or did cause issues back when I was coding it). Some of the driver name fields have a maximum length, which may also be the cause of the issue. If you can supply me with an example (PM me if you need to), there may be a way to configure the app around the issue.

Hello Esotic,

I have a question, is there something in the app somewhere why a name could not be displayed completely?

With best regards
Stefan
As an FYI to anyone else that has this problem:

1677415070529.png

This was caused by an extra space after the last name. So instead of "Robert Smith" being added to the entry list, the name was added as "Robert Smith ". The extra space at the end was throwing off the logic. At some point in the future an update will work around this, but for now that's something to check.

Cheers,

Esotic

Hi

I love this app Pack! Many thanks for that, I've been using that to stream leagues since ever.
BTW I never used announce bot until I've seen something on twitch... actually, i got fascinated by the AI_RacingTV channel, surely the channel is using TTS and part of Abot. so I decided to move my league to some kind of new level...

I see in the announcer bot readme that I can switch language, ok, I can get this done by using another voice in my Windows system. but how do I change the Abot sentences? do there is somewhere a file where I find the events and the related sentences to be translated into another language maybe?

Kind regards in advance!

Luca

Hi

I love this app Pack! Many thanks for that, I've been using that to stream leagues since ever.
BTW I never used announce bot until I've seen something on twitch... actually, i got fascinated by the AI_RacingTV channel, surely the channel is using TTS and part of Abot. so I decided to move my league to some kind of new level...

I see in the announcer bot readme that I can switch language, ok, I can get this done by using another voice in my Windows system. but how do I change the Abot sentences? do there is somewhere a file where I find the events and the related sentences to be translated into another language maybe?

Kind regards in advance!

Luca
At this point there is no "localization" support, but this is being considered for a future update. Sorry there is no better news at this time.

Hi Esotic, this is a nice plug for customization!
It's bit lack of documents, but still more customizable than ACTV.
But ACTV's tower has some key feature that I can't gave it up easily, like cars on track indicator (the Green/Red Block shows whether the car is stopped or not) and Car Number/Group indicator.
I wonder if BCast have same feature, or is it easy to make any modification on it?
Also I've noticed that the VGP theme has a head2head subtitle, how to trigger it?

Last edited:
Hi Esotic, this is a nice plug for customization!
It's bit lack of documents, but still more customizable than ACTV.
But ACTV's tower has some key feature that I can't gave it up easily, like cars on track indicator (the Green/Red Block shows whether the car is stopped or not) and Car Number/Group indicator.
I wonder if BCast have same feature, or is it easy to make any modification on it?
1649329558011-png.556210

The "livery icon" is meant to provide the car number, but those aren't always included.

BCast should show when cars are in Pit Lane, which means they aren't on track, but this is not indicating if they are stopped and not in pit lane (which seems relatively easy to add). I have put some time towards detected cars that are warping back to pit lane, but that code has not been fully tested/verified.

BCast should be able to indicate when are in different classes, but it's not showing the position info for the slower groups separately from all the rest of the cars.

Last edited:
1649329558011-png.556210

The "livery icon" is meant to provide the car number, but those aren't always included.

BCast should show when cars are in Pit Lane, which means they aren't no track, but is not indicating if they are stopped and not in pit lane (which seems relatively easy to add). I have put some time towards detected cars that are warping back to pit lane, but that code has not been fully tested/verified.

BCast should be able to indicate when are in different classes, but it's not showing the position info for the slower groups separately from all the rest of the cars.
Thanks for info! Will try to solve those problems to make it functional.
Btw, may I ask if it's possible that the tower support Interval or FastLap/LastLap or tyre age data?Gap is good enough for most race broadcasts, but if the tower can support other kinds of data will be very awesome!

Very nice suit, only thing I need to figure out is how to run a second instance of AC on my computer to have an automatic broadcast of my league's race even while I'm racing haha.
An addition that'd be nice (If feasible), would be if during qualification it would keep track of sectors as the driver goes on the tower (would help to keep track of who's improving or not)

Last edited:
Thank you for this excellent work!

What file do I need to edit to get a bot announcer translation?

I already changed the voice in French, but I end up with a bot announcer that reads English with a French accent ahahah

Thanks in advance

Thank you for this excellent work!

What file do I need to edit to get a bot announcer translation?

I already changed the voice in French, but I end up with a bot announcer that reads English with a French accent ahahah

Thanks in advance
This current version does not support "localization", but that's a good idea.

1698501926581.png

Hey folks,

I'm struggling with the tower. I got a tiny stripe behind the times (gaps). I can't really remove it. I tried to delete the no_pit picture. But the result was that I got no border behind the times. I there a possibility to align the times to the left like "standnameleftalign" maybe like "standtimerightalign" ?
I've disabled : Tyreinfo, Restrictor.

View attachment 703780
Hey folks,

I'm struggling with the tower. I got a tiny stripe behind the times (gaps). I can't really remove it. I tried to delete the no_pit picture. But the result was that I got no border behind the times. I there a possibility to align the times to the left like "standnameleftalign" maybe like "standtimerightalign" ?
I've disabled : Tyreinfo, Restrictor.

I don't see that in my "build", but my guess would be it's either a transparency/alpha issue in a .PNG, or sometimes resizing a PNG can lead to aliasing issues with whatever AC is using to show the images on the screen.
1698505837929.png

You can PM me a copy of your BCast folder and I can take a look and try to figure it out.

Hi
Are hotkeys are a thing still or they don't work at all now? Cause I tried to use them but nothing happend. I tried only with bcast, with autocamera, with (and without) autostart, they just don't work. The problem in me or with the bcast?

I don't see that in my "build", but my guess would be it's either a transparency/alpha issue in a .PNG, or sometimes resizing a PNG can lead to aliasing issues with whatever AC is using to show the images on the screen.
View attachment 703792
You can PM me a copy of your BCast folder and I can take a look and try to figure it out.
Hey Esotic, did you manage to resolve this? I have the same issue. If Tires and/OR restrictor info is enabled, there is no "ghosting", but with both of them disabled it is......

Hey Esotic, did you manage to resolve this? I have the same issue. If Tires and/OR restrictor info is enabled, there is no "ghosting", but with both of them disabled it is......
Can you post an example? This is almost always related to PNGs with transparency being resized.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.