Streaming? Sweet!!

Apps Streaming? Sweet!! 2022.04.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
I haven't found a fix for my issue as of yet, but I did notice something about this after reinstalling this mod.

The issue starts to happen after Auto Cam starts focusing on the first place car after the cars start moving. Quit the race any time before and the issue doesn't happen.

The "Exit the Race" and "Restart Session" functions show the bar that it uses when "Show overlay progress when delaying" in CM is enabled. However, those functions will not work despite the bar showing. Even if I disable that, it will still fail to work. I tried completely removing the apps and restarting AC and it still fails to work just like what happens when I simply disable them. This issue looks like it may have something to do with how Auto Cam disables certain in-game controls (I don't know how it does that or even if it does that in the first place).

Hope I'm not wasting your time.

Last edited:
I haven't found a fix for my issue as of yet, but I did notice something about this after reinstalling this mod.

The issue starts to happen after Auto Cam starts focusing on the first place car after the cars start moving. Quit the race any time before and the issue doesn't happen.

The "Exit the Race" and "Restart Session" functions show the bar that it uses when "Show overlay progress when delaying" in CM is enabled. However, those functions will not work despite the bar showing. Even if I disable that, it will still fail to work. I tried completely removing the apps and restarting AC and it still fails to work just like what happens when I simply disable them. This issue looks like it may have something to do with how Auto Cam disables certain in-game controls (I don't know how it does that or even if it does that in the first place).

Hope I'm not wasting your time.
AutoCam doesn't disable anything, but it is very aggressive about setting car/ driver focus and camera selection back to what it chose, as AC will sometimes change them, and it doesn't know the difference between you doing it or AC changing them.

If you show the AutoCam window it's got a button to toggle it off and on.

To be perfect it only needs a subclass system, maybe a INI file where the user can list the cars for each category and a colour or png icon for each class in substitution of the brand car icon of the main tower classification.
Some features are not well documented. :)

Check the BCast\img\modernVAC\carClasses.ini file

For now each car class will change the background behind the name in the standings, and you can look at the bg_standing_name_group1.png, bg_standing_name_group2.png, and bg_standing_name_group3.png to see how I was imagining one way for this to work.

Hi there, I'm very new to AC and Bcast as I was just given the task to research how to broadcast a race on the game very recently.

I got to know Bcast through this video youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0G9nlMMcl, however I still couldn't figure out how to make the standing UI look like the ones in the video.

Another problem that I can't figure out is how the delta is always shown relative to my own car rather than the leader, also I don't think the teleport to pits button works when I create and join the session.

I'm sorry if I'm a total noob to AC, but any help would be great help to me as I'm the only one working on the broadcasting project. Thanks.

Hi there, I'm very new to AC and Bcast as I was just given the task to research how to broadcast a race on the game very recently.

I got to know Bcast through this video youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0G9nlMMcl, however I still couldn't figure out how to make the standing UI look like the ones in the video.

Another problem that I can't figure out is how the delta is always shown relative to my own car rather than the leader, also I don't think the teleport to pits button works when I create and join the session.

I'm sorry if I'm a total noob to AC, but any help would be great help to me as I'm the only one working on the broadcasting project. Thanks.
When I try to use that link YT tells me the video is no longer available.

Teleport to pits button is a bug in CM, where you sometimes/always (depending on who you hear it from) have to remap the button for it to work again.

Cheers,

Esotic

Hi Esotic,

These apps are working really well. Can I throw a few suggestions to help improve announcer bot, if these don't already exist in there (I can't seem to find anything).

A good improvement would be to have some kind of phrases document that we could easily add more complex sentences that announcer bot could randomly choose between, based on hopefully some basic timing logic.. (it seems there is a little of this in there but is coded somewhere).

i.e batting.
Driver Name "is looking for a way past" Driver name
Driver name "is trying to keep: "Driver name" at bay
Driver name "and" Driver name "are fighting tooth and nail for" position x

overtake
Driver name "has passed" Driver name "they haven't got any answer for that"
Driver name "has made the move on" driver name and taken" position x

off pace
driver name "looks to have fallen off" at track info
"Looks like there's an incident at" track info "with" Driver name

Stuff like that, a user could build up a library of phrases and possibly banter to make the commentary more natural than just announcing names and numbers.

If further TTS punctuation commands could be parsed as well which could change pitch, speed etc. to get the voice more excited on some phrases..

Another improvement could perhaps be the use of an intro block as well. Where you can define what the announcer bot says when it starts commentating.

i.e "welcome to such and such track today in wherever for this such and such league race etc."

You could add in as much track, car race info as desired.

A delay on start definition could be useful, to allow time to get set up for casting, streaming etc. setting up cams and the like. and or a hot key to start commentating, with perhaps a default car to switch to on commentary start i.e 1st place..

On commentating on a replay I notice that announcer bot would read out the cars as crossing the finish line and position, however as soon as the car is over the line the position seems to be lost so it announces them as effectively last. Would it be possible to add in a configuration to announce just prior to the actual line cross so the position is more likely to be read correctly? (even if it may mean a photo finish is called incorrectly).

Lastly windows 11 has new much improved narrator natural voices, (insider build). But these don't seem to appear in the registry like the older tts voices so haven't found any way to hack these into use. I don't know if there is any way we can access these?

Anyway I hope this feedback may be useful, these are really great apps.

Hi,
Is there a way to change the language the announcer bot is using?
Are there any files that should be translated or something?
Nice work with this mod!
At this point there are no "localization" settings/options with ABot, but this is on my list for consideration the next time I work on ABot updates (no guarantees when that might be).

@Esotic Im thinking on showing this:

1670246834761.png

Instead of letters S,M,H

Last edited:
Hi guys can u help me pls? , I've been seeing that there are people who put a camera on their broadcasts (while running the race) that follows their car in real time while they're in the race. Any idea how to do it?? I hope my question is understood. Thanks!

Hi guys can u help me pls? , I've been seeing that there are people who put a camera on their broadcasts (while running the race) that follows their car in real time while they're in the race. Any idea how to do it?? I hope my question is understood. Thanks!
I use a second computer that connects to the server as a "spectator", but it still takes up a car in the pit stalls. Another option would be to stream a replay. I'm not aware of any way to have your normal cockpit view and another view (such as track cams) running from the same AC session at the same time.

Last edited:
Using the announcer bot and trying to change the voice. I can get certain voices working but not all of them. When I run the voice.exe a window briefly pops and than disappears. I have tried different compatability modes but nothing worked. Not sure if I am doing something wrong any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Using the announcer bot and trying to change the voice. I can get certain voices working but not all of them. When I run the voice.exe a window briefly pops and than disappears. I have tried different compatability modes but nothing worked. Not sure if I am doing something wrong any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
voice.exe is a command line program, not an application with a GUI. If you want to run it manually you need to use a command terminal.

1676176399814.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Looks like it only uses the voices that install under Speech and not Speech_OneCore?
If you google something like "Unlock all Windows 10 TTS voices system-wide to get more of them" you should be able to find information on getting those extra voices working with the voice.exe command line app. I remember having to fiddle with registry edits to migrate those voices that don't work by default.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.