Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

* The super touring mod is almost ready for release. The focus has been on exterior shapes, normals smoothing, materials, lights , ai and some minor setup changes. Also a few interior test fixes on some cars, but most of it is left for a future update. - Some more materials are being updated for a slightly better look.

* BTC-T Reloaded is out now

* A 'tinytweak' or (miditweak?) has been made for the wtcc 87 cars, but there are some challenges to overcome and decisions to make before release.

wtcc87_1.jpg

* Volvo vs SAAB is a long time project with a lot of work left. - had some problems with SAAB materials and Volvo rear suspension. Slow project

battleofsweden7.jpg
battleofsweden6.jpg

* ETCC 2002 needs some minor updates, but nothing is planned for the moment. - will add rhd wipers to Nissan and tweak normals further. Maybe minor setup tweaks.

* Update to track-pack? Add the animated pit marshal when leaving garage?
btc18.jpg

* One more thing, it would be nice to make something of this very old project
fantasy1.jpg

Last edited:
Crowded...
Some experimenting at Thruxton track. Sadly the crews are not animated, but they are at least only there during races (and warmup). They are only placed at every 2nd pitstop position. Otherwise it would be too crowded and repetitive.

supertouring14.jpg

But this guy is animated, and he is only there when leaving garage :)
supertouring15.jpg

I made this C70 DTM prototype for Need for Speed 4 many years ago. I have been working on it now and then over the years, but it has no competitors, so not that useful. It could also be converted to a BTC-T car maybe. "what if Volvo raced in BTCC 2001?"
I would have one or more other suggestions: V8 Star or NAGT :thumbsup:
NAGT probably was fictional (don't remember exactly) but there was a mod for rFactor back in the days that also featured a Volvo.
V8 Star series never had a Volvo, but would fit from the time. However, there is/was a modified V8 Star Lexus that was modified to rebuild as a Volvo. And I personally would welcome if you would build your C70 with V8 Star in mind and maybe add other silhouettes later :D

Thank you for the suggestion, I don't think I have ever heard about that series.

To everyone viewing this thread, please feel free to join and make suggestions.
Is there anything missing in Race07? Something we could add in one way or another?
Of course time is limited, and there are a lot of limitations for what can be done in the game, but some more comments and suggestions would be welcome :D

Status update:

* The super touring mod is almost ready for release. The focus has been on exterior shapes, normals smoothing, materials, lights , ai and some minor setup changes. Also a few interior test fixes on some cars, but most of it is left for a future update. - Only balancing talent files and a lot of testing left to do.

* A 'tinytweak' or (miditweak?) has been made for the wtcc 87 cars, but there are some challenges to overcome and decisions to make before release.

* Volvo vs SAAB is a long time project with a lot of work left. - had some problems with SAAB materials and Volvo rear suspension. Slow project, testing some materials updates for wheels

* ETCC 2002 needs some minor updates - Most fixes are done now (Nissan wipers, materials, normals, minor reshaping, talent fils, setups), needs some testing
etcc12.jpg

* Update to track-pack? Add the animated pit marshal when leaving garage? - Thruxton update is being tested for the moment

* DTM Volvo C70 - a little sculpting now and then

Status update:

* The super touring mod is almost ready for release. The focus has been on exterior shapes, normals smoothing, materials, lights , ai and some minor setup changes. Also a few interior test fixes on some cars, but most of it is left for a future update.
- Only balancing talent files and a lot of testing left to do. The ai cars are slightly too aggressive for the moment. But the cars look quite nice, I think :D

* Volvo vs SAAB is a long time project with a lot of work left. - had some problems with SAAB materials and Volvo rear suspension. Slow project, testing some materials updates for wheels

* ETCC 2002 is released!

- Thruxton is released!
Started working on Oulton and Knockhill

* Started sculpting something else, because I am stupid sometimes ;)

Status update:

* The super touring mod is almost ready for release. The focus has been on exterior shapes, normals smoothing, materials, lights , ai and some minor setup changes. Also a few interior test fixes on some cars, but most of it is left for a future update.
- Only balancing talent files and a lot of testing left to do. The ai cars are slightly too aggressive for the moment. But the cars look quite nice, I think :D

* ETCC 2002 is released!

- Thruxton is released!
Started working on Oulton and Knockhill

* Started sculpting something else, because I am stupid sometimes ;)

thanks for the update:thumbsup:

so what are you sculpting give us a clue

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes