Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

An update will be available soon.

TTA_STCC7.jpg

Most of the materials have been tweaked to match the latest 'AFSC standard' ;)

TTA_STCC3.jpg

The normals have gotten an overhaul for nicer reflections and shapes.

TTA_STCC2.jpg

Manually adjusting normals is time consuming, but it can make low poly models look much better.

TTA_STCC1.jpg

The headlights have gotten some attention.

TTA_STCC5.jpg

The interiors have been polished and updated.

TTA_STCC6.jpg

There are a few minor physics tweaks.

TTA_STCC4.jpg

The cars and drivers are still the same.

Last edited:
Just could not resist… I have worked a lot on these for some days now.

supertouring2.jpg

The cars have got the latest AFSC TinyTweak physics treatment (they already had most of it)

supertouring4.jpg

Some more individual refmaps have been added to metallic paint cars with vinyls/solid paint (most noticeable on Volvo s40, and when in motion), and a lot of normals have been fine tuned. The (exterior) interiors is getting a visual update too.

supertouring3.jpg

Some car shapes and livery colors have been updated to look more like the real cars (still WIP).

supertouring5.jpg

Nissan Primera (P11) has got a slightly wider front, and a reshaped grille.

supertouring6.jpg

Tried to get a better and more consistent colour match

supertouring7.jpg

The old Audi A4 rear lights were too dark

New (but actually quite old) 'light hack' to minimize the Race07 transparent sorting problem that caused the head light flickering.

supertouring8.jpg

There ara a lot of cars to edit, but I am really happy for some previous file structure fixes that have made this work easier.

supertouring10.jpg

Finally I have made new brake disc textures.

Attachments

• supertouring9.jpg
    supertouring9.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 100
How many do still play Race07?
Is there any need for more updates? Just curious, I make them most like an art form, like painting or playing an instrument at the amateur level.

By the way most of the super touring updates are done, so now it is time for a lot of tweaking to balance everything.

(also had a look at this slow project)

battleofsweden1.jpg
battleofsweden2.jpg

Last edited:
I for one still love to play Race 07. I know alot think it is inferior to GTR2, but I tend to disagree. Better ai, ghosting in pits help non DNF's that GTR2 gameplay is plagued with.
So selfishly I say keep doing what you are doing, because I am a big fan of your work.
Extra selfishly, I would love you to add the Nissan and Ford to the STCC/TTA series that they ran in the last year of that format. But understand that might not be possible.
Either way, love the work you do. Cheers.

I still think Race07 is quite awesome and fun to drive, especially for Touringcars! I really hope to see more of our Updates. A Dream would be a mod of the Superproduction / Group N+ Era Cars to fill the little Gap between Supertouring and S2000. Most of the Base Cars are there, and with a Prefacelift BMW E46 now existing.. ;). Appreciate all the Work you´ve done over the Years and the great Development especially the Supertourers made qualitywise over the years. I Still remember playing the first version and feeling the TOCA Spirit!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back