Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Hello Andreas,
i have a question but first let me tell you your work and dedication is great and i really like what you do for us lovers of Race07 !
i explain, i have the CC patched with the Companian 2 v0.78 and i have the anims files. For some reasons when in race, calling the pit or entering the pit, it crashes to desktop.
CC, the spotter and the pitman are working good but in race i cant go pit or it crash.
do you have a solution to my issue ? if you need some more infos, just tell me.
i am sure you have thousand things to do and to answer everybody but maybe you find a moment to help me because its more than a month now that i try to make it run correctely and i like so much this sim and all the mods !

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@Andreas, good news, i managed to make it run as it should ! after so much struggle lol
so CC, spotter, pitman and pit crew working perfectly also in race !

i want to thank you and all the guys here for the good infos and precious help :)

See you on the track !

Last edited:
@Andreas, good news, i managed to make it run as it should ! after so much struggle lol
so CC, spotter, pitman and pit crew working perfectly also in race !

i want to thank you and all the guys here for the good infos and precious help :)

See you on the track !
Sorry for taking so long to answer, glad to hear it works now.
Generally the pit stop can cause a crash if the full path name of a car is too long or the wheel meshes or textures are not in the folder of the car (causing a long loading directory string).

The changes sound really great! Is it possible to post some before/after pics from Simbin better quality tracks like Hockenheim ? Thx!

This is Hockenheim GP with lights updates only and new shaders etc.
I have solved a lot of issues now (at least improved mipmaping, multisampling, not perfect...), but there are much left, including some difficult ones.

19.jpg

Also, here the DOF effect can be seen (it can be scaled down).
Also there is some texture problem with the 3 texture mul shader, texture 1 UV is too smal, as seen in the sand material.

20.jpg

Last edited:
I have been working a lot on the game (screen space) shadows, a lot back and forth, taking up much time but with quite little results. Sometimes it looks very good, just to look really bad from a different angle or different track.

The shadows in action can be seen here:

21.jpg

Still there is one main problem causing the shadows to disappear temporarily in some directions, don't know why yet.

Here are some TTA cars at Knockhill. The small white dot is a temporary point light, a test to add the night lights. They where calculated from distance to vertices in world space, but now they have to be calculated in screen space. It has been a hard task to do, because the game matrices have been very hard to work with.
Also wrong material is used for sky here (on this track), it is usually not that dark.

22.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back