Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

It is Europe. Kind of. ;)
I can also tell it is a conversion. My plan is to replace most of the objects with something that looks similar but with higher detail and new textures of course, but keep the "soul" of the old track.

Last edited:
A mix of new and old models, new, old, none and distorted mapping, and some mixed textures. I think it will be a cool track in the end.
I will but some effort in making the track surface smooth. If someone wants to help with making a aiw file later please contact me.
I need some help with placing the waypoints. I can edit and tweak it myself :)

alpine_screen1.jpg
alpine_screen2.jpg
alpine_screen3.jpg

And a reminder how the original looks:

It is difficult to convert from Toca 2. The process so far:
1. Open game files in Toca2 edit, convert to 3ds and ppx.
2. Import in Zmodeller 2, and quickly make a copy before the model got distorted (this took a lot of try and errors)
A lot of work to simplify and remove duplicated faces and setting matererials.
3. Then export to Sketchup to add detail and remodel some parts.
Then export to .dae and after many problems with crashes and distorted models and some experimenting with Blender and .obj files importing in 3dsimed...
4. Sending files as .gmt between 3dsimed and zmodeller 2 for editing and uv-mapping updates, flipping polygons and painting textures.

All this is quite new to me, so next project would probably not be so complicated :O_o:

It is difficult to convert from Toca 2. The process so far:
1. Open game files in Toca2 edit, convert to 3ds and ppx.
2. Import in Zmodeller 2, and quickly make a copy before the model got distorted (this took a lot of try and errors)
A lot of work to simplify and remove duplicated faces and setting matererials.
3. Then export to Sketchup to add detail and remodel some parts.
Then export to .dae and after many problems with crashes and distorted models and some experimenting with Blender and .obj files importing in 3dsimed...
4. Sending files as .gmt between 3dsimed and zmodeller 2 for editing and uv-mapping updates, flipping polygons and painting textures.

All this is quite new to me, so next project would probably not be so complicated :O_o:
You should try to reduce the switching between the program. Why not import the 3ds in Blender and do everything there? You just need 3DSimEd later to bring the gmt in the game...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 405 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 277 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 269 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 320 12.9%