Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Like I said it's really no biggy, thinking out the box I'll use Marakech for my city track always exciting there. :)

I found something :) I mean it might not be a track you would like to use (depending on it fitting in or not), but I uploaded it anyway. Always good to have a DL mirror :)

@Kenny Paton

Note: " As i only race online and i only made the AI with BTB, i presume that the AI just sucks. And i just don't care, so... feel free to create a better one ;) " from the readme.

Do someone know the author of the Solvalla track?
I have some ideas.

As Kenny has mentioned, "neteye" did it for a championship Weissbierbude had ages ago. The "weiss" one is closed. However their main hub is still open. They have quite a few "bierbude" there: http://www.bierbuden.de/index.php

However, I did try to search for him on a couple of beer-places, but couldn't find anything. Which is why I ended up putting it here.

A new search today came up with this RD user https://www.racedepartment.com/members/neteye.8023/ who based on posts in the BTB-forum and RACE 07 gametime probably are the same guy. But not been here since mid 2018!

I hope he visits Youtube now and then :)
maybe? :cool: I get an alert when someone comments on videos, so yeah, i saw that :)

Glad that there is still interest in my work from all these years ago.
The original Weissbierbude moved to www.rennsimulanten.de. we supported race07 until late 2018 as driver numbers went down and down. We moved it to our hall of fame, and the downloads are all still available: https://www.rennsimulanten.de/hall-of-fame/race07/race07-downloads/Race07/lang,de-de/
I dont mind if you copy everything i made to here. There is some serious stuff and some really stupid (remade some tracks of the original Mario Kart for Race07). I cant speak for anyhting else from other authors of course.

@kenny, if you want a city track, take a look at Shanghai Pudong 2010 or Hamburg Harbor. Also i can add Kranebitten as Airport track, its more the 90s style of airport racetracks. You already found Mainz-FInthen. Did i mention i like non permanent racetracks?

So... back to topic. Andreas, if you want to, feel free to develop Solvalla further. I still have old backups of the original Bobs Trackbuilder files.

And as i look through the archive, there is also this little gem (it was recorded while i was playing with textures) that i never released. Picture 1 Picture 2 Flagstand Marshal huts
from an earlier version: Atmosphere start/finish more pictures not enough?
Google Maps to Mission Raceway Park

If there is anything i can help with, feel free to ask. i then will try to remember, as everything is at least from 5-6 years ago. :)
(has there been any new hillclimb track for race07? or am i still the only one who made a track thats using the hillclimb feature?)

Last edited:
We moved it to our hall of fame, and the downloads are all still available: https://www.rennsimulanten.de/hall-of-fame/race07/race07-downloads/Race07/lang,de-de/
I dont mind if you copy everything i made to here. There is some serious stuff and some really stupid (remade some tracks of the original Mario Kart for Race07). I cant speak for anyhting else from other authors of course.

Oh, then I downloaded the tracks from the original place (just a different name), and uploaded them here. Uhm, I might actually post more of your stuff to RD if that's OK for you, I always like that there are backup-solutions in place if something happens :) There is so much stuff that are lost over the years. I still regret not noticing that tripp-team were shutting down their FTP. I am fairly sure there is quite a lot of rF-stuff that's lost forever due to this.

Oh, then I downloaded the tracks from the original place (just a different name), and uploaded them here. Uhm, I might actually post more of your stuff to RD if that's OK for you, I always like that there are backup-solutions in place if something happens :) There is so much stuff that are lost over the years. I still regret not noticing that tripp-team were shutting down their FTP. I am fairly sure there is quite a lot of rF-stuff that's lost forever due to this.

The tripp-team is still working, only the address has changed.
http://****************:200/
tt servegame com (remove space and add a dot) :)

Made some simple buildings in Sketchup a few days ago. The buildings are not 100% accurate (and some are still not textured), but should work as good representations. Also added light settings from my other tracks.

screen4.jpg

Updated the main texture and removed the lamp poles and other similar things (sense it is made from a satellite picture)
The grass and gravel colors still need some tweaking.

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

The details near the track are well made, don't need to update those.

screen1.jpg

Maybe we need this horse also :roflmao:

1602152956152.png

Oh don't I know it, I lost a ton of stuff when a 1tb HD went down just a couple of months after NG folded.

Looks like it happen to a lot of us.
I had so much stuff so decide to make a back of all my content for Gtr2.GTL and Race 07at that time too +1 TB.
While I did that a drunk? driver hit a light pole just outside or community which made a huge spike in the voltage on one phase. So both external HD died together with the whole computer. Only thing I could reuse was the case and for some reason the GPU survived.
Als other portable HD disks has died over the years.. They are just not very reliable.

Would like to see more Race 07 uploads

The tripp-team is still working, only the address has changed.
http://****************:200/tt servegame com (remove space and add a dot)

Great have missed that site since I though it want away.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.