Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

The visual style of the update will look like this. Of course there could be more details and higher resolution, but I have to set some limits for what is reasonable for this project.

screen10.jpg

Added a media truck to the pits for authenticity and to make it less empty. I might also add some of the "team guys".

screen9.jpg

Announcer sounds and crows sounds are added

screen8.jpg

Still need to teach the ai cars to take it easy when exiting some corners. They like to slam the throttle and go too wide.

screen7.jpg

The main buildings could need some more details, but I don't think I will work much more on them. We will see.

Last edited:
Guess that would be just stereotypes :D
I believe that most people seem to stay within their own "culture" of motorsports. But you see some that even enjoy those that are very much different. Couple of friends really love Nascar and oval racing in general. I personally am not that much in Nascar than I was years ago, and do more like touring cars or touring prototypes now. Also I enjoy the "central" European Bergrennen or other broader racing series (i.e. those that basically allow to race every-day cars against GT3 etc.) ;)

Race 07 is advanced enough to make "believable" physics, but also simple enough so it is not too hard to make your own cars. And the setup changes and car specs do a good job of changing how the car behaves :thumbsup:

Status update:

* Solvalla updated track is available now. A lot more work could be done, but it will have to do for now.

* Test track from Toca2. I need to add the track to GTR2 to make the .hat file.
Also a lot of everything left to do, but at least I can test drive there soon. No plan or time frame, just work with it a little bit now and then.

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.
Might be next thing to work with (after a break).

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

* Fiesta cup 1998?. I have a half made 3d model. Maybe it will make it to Race07

Unfortunately the horse didn't help with me driving the track :roflmao:
Still hopeless getting around that track.:(
This track is tricky, but I think I have found a good racing line, and really enjoy it! Of course watching a lot of stcc and working with the updates might have helped. I think the ai cars should be a little bit faster, but it is a difficult track for them too, and I don't want to cheat too much. It is easy to add more ai grip, but that will also give them shorter braking distance, and that is not good for close and fun racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back