Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Lunar eclipse is not integrated yet, but soon.

Location dependent weather change is not integrated yet. It was just a testing scenerio. I have to integrate it in a decent way. Will take i while...
Thank you very much for your fast reply.
I will be patient and celebrate the day when this will be ready. :)
But for now, there is more than enough to discover in/with Sol.

• Deleted member 197115

Why deleting OEM clouds?
Because GBW had overrides so I assumed it was GBW specific and as it was installed by simply copying content over, the originals were not preserved. Yeah, Steam Integrity check fixed that but then you need to do some additional massaging to get all your configs to where they were.
I installed SOL via JSME and do not experience any ill effects.

It could also be installed by just copying the files to AC. Ilja chose this way to get a clear uninstall, but with all the changes and big amount of modders putting files into the extension folder its just the easiest way to copy:
dwrite.dll
extension\lua
extension\shaders
extension\config\weather_fx.ini
with the next updates.

If weatherFX is nearly finished - the MOD installation is again a good way...
I know Peter. In my case, I prefer to do it this way

Attachments

• timedateCM.png
    timedateCM.png
    18 KB · Views: 465
  • Deleted member 197115

So Peter, which clouds should be used, OEM, the one that were packaged in GBW or it does not matter for SOL and they needed just to avoid crashing on startup.

Does it crash with the default weather?
if I disable the sol weathers, the server manager opens just fine and I can run/join the server with no problems.
With sol weathers enabled there's no reaction from acServerManager.exe, but I can run the server by launching acServer.exe directly, and it doesn't crash, when I join.

My reflections at night don't really seem to match the scene. Sky should be brighter than reflections of the sky.
GpkqG6B.jpg

Clear weather @ like 7:27pm on a track with no gps info.

There's just one small issue which bothers me, perhaps other VR users can confirm/help me here:
as soon as a later daytime (around 19-20 upwards) arrives the screen mirroring stops respectively the screen becomes completely black. Inside the Oculus everthing is fine but when I try to record gameplay this issue is annoying.
I'm also using Oculus and I don't have this issue. The screen mirror behaves as normal at any time in the cycle.
Sorry, I know that doesn't help. I just thought it might be useful to know that it isn't a universal problem.

I take that back!
I just tried recording, and the mirror does indeed go black at 7pm (or at some point after it starts getting dark. The time it does it varies depending on the track/time of year). Not sure how I didn't notice that before...

What was interesting is that if I hit the hotkey to stop and restart recording (using Mirillis Action), the mirror returned to normal and recording could continue.

Last edited:
Mmmmm.... Sol was working fine yesterday then I installed the overnight shader patch update and now all clouds have disappeared and the sun doesn't move.

This is looking great but I wonder if the sunrise time needs tweaking, I've only tested the mod at 5am-8am so far. If I set 7:30am it is completely dark still and at 8am there is red sky but still very much night time.

if I disable the sol weathers, the server manager opens just fine and I can run/join the server with no problems.
With sol weathers enabled there's no reaction from acServerManager.exe, but I can run the server by launching acServer.exe directly, and it doesn't crash, when I join.
Fixed it with beta 2. Its soon uploaded...

Hi everyone!!
SOL is an amazing upgrade to AC... but there is a problem with ACServerManager.

When I start app it write on error.log:

acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather
Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
in acServerManager.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean loadUI) in i:\Manu\Documents\kunosprivate\acServerManager\acServerManager\MainWindow.xaml.cs:riga 267

Right now, only workaround is disable mod. Any ideas?! :cry:

Hi everyone!!
SOL is an amazing upgrade to AC... but there is a problem with ACServerManager.

When I start app it write on error.log:

acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather
Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
in acServerManager.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean loadUI) in i:\Manu\Documents\kunosprivate\acServerManager\acServerManager\MainWindow.xaml.cs:riga 267

Right now, only workaround is disable mod. Any ideas?! :cry:

Ops... duplicate post.. sorry!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.3%