Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Amazing work. I have only one problem, I can no longer start AcServerManager.exe when sol weathers are installed. It will leave an error in the log:
acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at acServerManager.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean loadUI) in i:\Manu\Documents\kunosprivate\acServerManager\acServerManager\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 267
I have the same problem. With sol weathers enabled I can't open acServerManager, it just doesn't do anything, and I have the same error in the log file. If I disable the sol weathers, the server manager opens just as usual.

There's just one small issue which bothers me, perhaps other VR users can confirm/help me here:
as soon as a later daytime (around 19-20 upwards) arrives the screen mirroring stops respectively the screen becomes completely black. Inside the Oculus everthing is fine but when I try to record gameplay this issue is annoying.

I'm also using Oculus and I don't have this issue. The screen mirror behaves as normal at any time in the cycle.
Sorry, I know that doesn't help. I just thought it might be useful to know that it isn't a universal problem.

ED: @Peter Boese
When using the dynamic weather lua config, I'm assumiing it's normal for there to be no spray effects when it switches to a rain/storm weather?
If that's the case, I hope you can somehow implement that.

Last edited:
Hi @Peter Boese and thnk you for another astonish mod.
You did "the impossibile", because Kunos said in 2013 AC graphic engine was not designed for manage day/night cycle. LOL
I have a question about exposure: is it possibile set autoexposure to have day good exposed and night overexposed (with actual settings I don't see shining stars and moon)?

Thx

@Ivan Gabrovec
its a track config thing, look for ALWAYS_ON as CONDITION, this must be used for all the light-configs, for what you want; - some of them are easy to change through "assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\common\conditions.ini" - others have their own conditions

thanks a lot - that worked now!

@Gelly916
-time setting seems a bit buggy for now
-sure use any other weather you like
-yes, winter at winter timerrr, that what it's all about

I'm also using Oculus and I don't have this issue. The screen mirror behaves as normal at any time in the cycle.
Sorry, I know that doesn't help. I just thought it might be useful to know that it isn't a universal problem.

ED: @Peter Boese
When using the dynamic weather lua config, I'm assumiing it's normal for there to be no spray effects when it switches to a rain/storm weather?
If that's the case, I hope you can somehow implement that.
The new particles effects are not ready. For now its only the particles of vanilla AC and we can't swap them dynamically. So its a feature of future Sol.

Hi @Peter Boese and thnk you for another astonish mod.
You did "the impossibile", because Kunos said in 2013 AC graphic engine was not designed for manage day/night cycle. LOL
I have a question about exposure: is it possibile set autoexposure to have day good exposed and night overexposed (with actual settings I don't see shining stars and moon)?

Thx
Don't you see any stars and a moon or are they just dark?
Auto Exposure is activated by default and Sol's dynamic contrast is activated, which delivers better brightness adaptions.

For those with the bland untextured sky issue, I had success resolving this problem by manually installing the custom shaders patch preview 41. I.e. don't install via content manager, but unzip the preview41 zip and copy dwrite.dll, extension folder, content folder, apps folder into your AC root folder. Good luck!

That's a common problem. Shaders patch is a mod, so it needs to be enabled/disabled. The first time you install a mod, CM ask you if you want to activate it immediately after install. But if you want to update, first you need to disable the mod, then do the update and finally enable the mod again.
No matter if you install mods with CM or JMGME, you always have to disable a mod before updating it.

That's a common problem. Shaders patch is a mod, so it needs to be enabled/disabled. The first time you install a mod, CM ask you if you want to activate it immediately after install. But if you want to update, first you need to disable the mod, then do the update and finally enable the mod again.
No matter if you install mods with CM or JMGME, you always have to disable a mod before updating it.
It could also be installed by just copying the files to AC. Ilja chose this way to get a clear uninstall, but with all the changes and big amount of modders putting files into the extension folder its just the easiest way to copy:
dwrite.dll
extension\lua
extension\shaders
extension\config\weather_fx.ini
with the next updates.

If weatherFX is nearly finished - the MOD installation is again a good way...

• Deleted member 197115

I've read that rain drops and wipers will be linked to weather in SOL. Is it still planned?
As for distribution, can we have MODS/Sol folder inside distro with all the files that need to be installed. Much easier to install with JSME and CM as well as keep a track of what is changed and revert, remove old version before installing new. Took me a while to clean up all GBW traces and I managed delete OEM clouds that were actually needed for SOL to work.

I've read that rain drops and wipers will be linked to weather in SOL. Is it still planned?
As for distribution, can we have MODS/Sol folder inside distro with all the files that need to be installed. Much easier to install with JSME and CM as well as keep a track of what is changed and revert, remove old version before installing new. Took me a while to clean up all GBW traces and I managed delete OEM clouds that were actually needed for SOL to work.
Why deleting OEM clouds?

Hello @Peter Boese ,
first of all I'd like to say thank you once again. I love Sol even more than I love(d) gbW Suite. :)
Could you please explain to me how this could be done?
I'd also like to drive through foggy areas at Nords.
Thanks in advance.

One more question:
Will it be possible to make lunar eclipses work - just like solar eclipses?
I tried to replicate/simulate today's lunar eclipse but nothing happened in AC/Sol.
(The solar eclipse from 1999 worked perfectly well. :) )

Hello @Peter Boese ,
first of all I'd like to say thank you once again. I love Sol even more than I love(d) gbW Suite. :)
Could you please explain to me how this could be done?
I'd also like to drive through foggy areas at Nords.
Thanks in advance.

One more question:
Will it be possible to make lunar eclipses work - just like solar eclipses?
I tried to replicate/simulate today's lunar eclipse but nothing happened in AC/Sol.
(The solar eclipse from 1999 worked perfectly well. :) )
Lunar eclipse is not integrated yet, but soon.

Location dependent weather change is not integrated yet. It was just a testing scenerio. I have to integrate it in a decent way. Will take i while...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%