Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Will there be a feature (later) in CM where to config a random weather, meaning starting in clear conditions and then suddenly it starts to rain etc? I know we already can edit the lua file for something like this but in CM it would be more easier to do this.

Hi Peter, I followed the instructions to the letter but got these flags on a few sol weathers at the stage when disabling the other weathers:

sol.PNG

Am I already dead?

I have a "Cancelled - Game crashed" error, "clouds (content/texture/cluods) might be missing".
I have 41preview, and i try to install SOL both via JSGME and manually. Same result.
Any suggestions?

Strange situation.... Before installing SOL i had the GBW Mod 3.3 (not suite!), i put off it via jsgme and i make the first installation of SOL. Than i had the error that i reported. So, now with SOL still installed, i put on again the GBW mod 3.3 and start a race: 1st try, with a GBW weather.... it works 2nd, with a SOL weather.... it works 3rd, with a SOL weather after disable all GBW weathers in CM (not uninstalling the mod) .... and it works again. I don't know what was the problem, when GBW mod was totally uninstalled.

To call this a mod is an understatement. It is a work of art. I have only two issues.

First, would it be possible to add a time acceleration option to the controller in smaller increments? I would love to be able to run it at 2x - 10x for example. Second, it seems like the track lights are coming on a bit too late. I modded the config for Daytona to come on at about 85 (5 degrees above the horizon) and that seemed more appropriate. It was getting pretty dark on the track before the lights came on.

I understand that can be set on a track by track basis in the config, but it might interesting if we had a global option that would override the config. Otherwise, we have to edit configs to preference and we lose upgradability when new updates to a particular track come out.

Again, thank you for this masterpiece!

My mod of the config:

[CONDITION_0]
; active at 17:30-07:00
NAME = NIGHT_SMOOTH
INPUT=SUN
LUT=(|0=0|85=0|85=1|180=1)
LAG = 0.97

[CONDITION_1]
; active at 17:30-07:00
NAME = NIGHT_SHARP
INPUT=SUN
LUT=(|0=0|86=0|86=1|180=1)
LAG = 0

it has the full functionality of GBW Suite, just hooked up to some sorcery that allows for this:
(may take a few minutes to process still, only 360p now)

I must've missed something. How did you get it to run at around 10x?

*edit*
I answered my own stupid question. This can be done in CM when you set the time by hitting the three dots and going into the time options. To my knowledge it can't seem to be altered in game though.

Last edited:
Time acceleration can be set in CM. Everything from 0x to 3600x can be chosen. Values higher than 60 need to be manually typed in though, the slider only goes to 60x. Click the 3 white dots next to the time setting in CM.

Quick 24h timecycle showcase video condensing 24 hours at Le Mans 2014 into 4 minutes. Terrible controller driving, sorry, but my wheel wasn't propperly set up and i was in a hurry, so RIP the Ferrari i killed.

This is probably a stupid question but it'll still be a while before I'm able to dive into this properly. Now that we have day-night transitions, does that also apply to weather? Or does the system still rely on a separate 'wet' track for wet driving?

This is probably a stupid question but it'll still be a while before I'm able to dive into this properly. Now that we have day-night transitions, does that also apply to weather? Or does the system still rely on a separate 'wet' track for wet driving?

Yes... for now at least. Ilja mentioned working on a particle system for rain spray. I bet everything rain related like auto wet surfaces, physics and the windscreen effect automatically turning on for rain weather will come then. I can't comment on what the priorities going forward are though. So noone can give you eta, probably not even Ilja himself.

Yes... for now at least. Ilja mentioned working on a particle system for rain spray. I bet everything rain related like auto wet surfaces, physics and the windscreen effect automatically turning on for rain weather will come then. I can't comment on what the priorities going forward are though. So noone can give you eta, probably not even Ilja himself.

Pretty much exactly what I expected: Not yet, but probably in the pipeline.

Awesome. Hopefully I get a juicy paycheque soon so I can some money to Ilja and Peter for their incredible work with this stuff.

• Deleted member 197115

Somehow I've lost headlights on my car. Tried different cars and tracks, only AI have headlights on.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.3%