Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, every time I turn on the csp, the game crashes how can i fix it ?
err.png

Bit long winded but suddenly have an issue with Sol.Added a Horizon shader via Content Manager.

When I got to the actual starting the car page the whole scene was black and white. Tried reinstalling the latest sol/ csp but still the same.The loading screen was in colour but no different in game. I made sure the pp settings were not on the black and white filter setting.Set the pp filter on sol no difference

The odd thing is when I unticked the post processing filter box in Assetto Corsa video settings the in game was now full colour and appeared to be using pp filters as the quality was too good otherwise.

Thinking a full reinstall of Assetto Corsa would do the trick I went ahead.Reinstalled content manager sol, csp and the same. works without post processing box ticked but now there is a very faint colour blended with black and white. Also reinstalled graphics drivers.
Never had any problems before with the game becoming frustrating now any suggestions? All sol settings have been set back to default,weather etc

Afternoon all,

Firstly well done amazing work.
Unfortunately rain no longer working for me after re-installing the folllowing.
Can someone please advise. Thanks :]
  1. Assetto Corsa
  2. Content Manager
  3. Sol 2.1.3
  4. Custom Shader Patch 0.1.75
  5. Lights patch v0.175
ps. Only Kunos cars and tracks.

Resolved
This video from SirSpats Gaming explains how to enable rain.

Make a payment to :

Ilja Jusupov aka x4fab

Last edited:
bonjour et merci pour toutes ses améliorations mais j'ai un soucis je pense avoir bien l'installation car sol config etc sont bien actives dans les app de content manager mais en jeu a droite dans les icones ils apparaissent pas merci de votre reponse

Afternoon all,

Firstly well done amazing work.
Unfortunately rain no longer working for me after re-installing the folllowing.
Can someone please advise. Thanks :]
  1. Assetto Corsa
  2. Content Manager
  3. Sol 2.1.3
  4. Custom Shader Patch 0.1.75
  5. Lights patch v0.175
ps. Only Kunos cars and tracks.

Resolved
This video from SirSpats Gaming explains how to enable rain.

Make a payment to :

Ilja Jusupov aka x4fab

Are patreon subscribers giving about the same amount monthly...or just a one-time charge?

Ah, just a mixup then. See when I read the text as "snow" I expected that it meant snow, how stupid of me. Then when I see the snowflake icon, I would incorrectly think there would be snow.

Apparently, the point of putting the snow text and icon in Sol was to only create confusion. Why else add a function that does not do what it says?

Much appreciated, your input really moves the conversation forward.

The next time I see a sign and icon I will be sure to think twice and not presume that it means what it says. You have given me a new outlook on life. Simply brilliant
What you see are just weather types. CM has 34 weather types. This are basically just names coming from the weather service. So some of these are just placeholders for further development. Sol is a weather script and controller. That means Sol is trying to create a fitting look to the selected weather type. All additional things like rain and snow are coming/will come from CSP, because that are additional shaders. Sol is just controlling them. Atm rainFX is in development, which generates rain particles and physics. I'm sure, if rainFX is final, snowFX is invented fast.
So all parts like CM, CSP and Sol are in a constant development and we are adding feature after feature....

I'm not sure if this is a SOL problem or a CSP setting issue or something else entirely. I have a distracting flickering black line appearing in some replay shots. This happens at least with mist weather. Hard to get a screenshot of the issue since the line flickers on and off but here is my best effort.

Edit. Running SOL 2.1.3 and CSP 1.76 preview

mist.jpg

mist2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a SOL problem or a CSP setting issue or something else entirely. I have a distracting flickering black line appearing in some replay shots. This happens at least with mist weather. Hard to get a screenshot of the issue since the line flickers on and off but here is my best effort.

Edit. Running SOL 2.1.3 and CSP 1.76 preview

View attachment 498579

View attachment 498580
Hello,

This are some current bugs in the weatherFX fog algorithm. They must be solved in CSP.

Добрый день! Скажите пожалуйста, все облазил но решения не нашел, куда пропали СОЛНЕЧНЫЕ ЛУЧИ в SOL и НОРМАЛНЫЕ ОТРАЖЕНИЯ внутри машины и снаружи слабо!!! Без COP и SOL на стандартной графике и defoult ppfilter ЕСТЬ КРАСИВЫЕ СОЛНЕЧНЫЕ ЛУЧИ И ОТРАЖЕНИЯ ВНУТРИ МАШИНЫ! А ТАК ЖЕ ОТРАЖЕНИЯ НА ДИСКАХ АВТО! Я бы не использовал SOL и COP тк они портят графику. Но! в COP есть ХОРОШАЯ КАМЕРА внутри машины (Neck Fx, Chaser Camera) это все что мне нужно! но чтобы вернуть красивую графику, нужно полностью отключить COP, тк если отключать по частям , то ничего не меняется. Как мне вернуть красивую картинку плюс (Neck Fx, Chaser Camera) ? P.S Я могу настроить красивую графику на своем компьютере и мониторе, так что она станет в разы лучше COP и SOL! Никого не хочу задеть или обидеть, я просто считаю, что есть проблема и ее нужно решать, просто не все её видят и понимают. А также нужно уметь настраивать свой монитор и вообще графику, и тогда в любой игру будет сказочно красиво

Добрый день! Скажите пожалуйста, все облазил но решения не нашел, куда пропали СОЛНЕЧНЫЕ ЛУЧИ в SOL и НОРМАЛНЫЕ ОТРАЖЕНИЯ внутри машины и снаружи слабо!!! Без COP и SOL на стандартной графике и defoult ppfilter ЕСТЬ КРАСИВЫЕ СОЛНЕЧНЫЕ ЛУЧИ И ОТРАЖЕНИЯ ВНУТРИ МАШИНЫ! А ТАК ЖЕ ОТРАЖЕНИЯ НА ДИСКАХ АВТО! Я бы не использовал SOL и COP тк они портят графику. Но! в COP есть ХОРОШАЯ КАМЕРА внутри машины (Neck Fx, Chaser Camera) это все что мне нужно! но чтобы вернуть красивую графику, нужно полностью отключить COP, тк если отключать по частям , то ничего не меняется. Как мне вернуть красивую картинку плюс (Neck Fx, Chaser Camera) ? P.S Я могу настроить красивую графику на своем компьютере и мониторе, так что она станет в разы лучше COP и SOL! Никого не хочу задеть или обидеть, я просто считаю, что есть проблема и ее нужно решать, просто не все её видят и понимают. А также нужно уметь настраивать свой монитор и вообще графику, и тогда в любой игру будет сказочно красиво
If you you don't like Sol or any other graphics adjustment with CSP, then just deactivate "weatherFX". You will then use AC vanilla graphics.

Как сделать больше солнечных лучей и отражений? Может кто то еще интересуется подобным....
For the godrays, just raise the length parameter:
1630072127654.png

For more reflections, go in the Sol config app and raise this paramter:
1630071984138.png

For more information about Sol customization, maybe read the Sol Config manual. Its included in the archive:
1630072050524.png

Last edited:
Спасибо большое, это реально работает!!! :thumbsup: Я еще до вашего ответа крутил эти настройки и читал инструкции :) Лучи действительно есть, если ставить время утро или вечер 20:00 +/- PPfilter Defаult_dark это интересно получается) А reflection_brightness/saturation 150 хорошо. Жаль в салоне маловато отражений... :)

Just a quick question, what exactly are the 'Snow' weather presets meant to look like? All I get is just a dark sky but nothing else really
Actually in CSP there is no Snow atm. So those Snow weather should look just bright with a reduced distant view according to the level of Snow (light - heavy). It should look overcasted with a bright and dense fog.

The future of Sol ?!

Some of you might thought about, where Sol will go. Sure i could develop it further and add feature after feature. BUT in its actual state there are some things to hit the brake and stop it!

In the last weeks we (modders in Discord) talked about the base problems of all weatherFX scripts and the way things are done now.

AC was never meant to have night or even different levels of sun and ambient light. Its basic implementation has values for high and low ambient and sun light. But the main goal in this system is a very steady look with or without Post Processing. Which is a decision and not a lack of knowledge and skill! Its a decision of an economic environment to publish a great racing and driving sim with dozens of fantastic cars and tracks.

So the next step was CSP. It tries to bring many wanted features into that - over years with continous development. A lot of people are involved and working on the "configs", which are the key to bring those features in the sim and get everything (cars and tracks) working with those features, like track and car lights, new graphics, rain aso...

But we still had in mind, at the end after Post Processing it must look good. So we had the focus on a small span of light dynamics and so we build everything around it. This is limiting us since the beginning. A simple fact show this: tunnels in daylight.

In a long tunnel, there should be no light, even at day. With the current stage of development in CSP and weatherFX, its not possible to solve this simple thing. There are 2 main problems:
- exposure is nearly static and most things are adapted to work with the current light configs.
- ambient light is always present, even if VAO (additional ambient occlusion with CSP) is fully set.

So I came up with the idea, what happens if the light in nighttimes is realy low (like it is now also for the day) and what about, if light at day is way way higher then now. This would automatically solve the first problem. CSP light could be switched on, but they can't be visible, because now they are much weaker than the sun.

So I decided to start a little test wfx script to prove such things - IT WORKED!

Lights are automatic "dim" if sun raises. The second problem must be solved in CSP. And i'm proud to tell you, it is already solved in future CSP versions. Ilja developed a new backery, where the VAO creates nearly no ambient light in dark places like tunnels.

be patient - i continue....

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes