Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello Dear Peter,
I'm having issues with my game, when I install SOL 2.1.3 to my game it crashes. And I'm using the latest version of CSP 0.1.74.

Thanks.

Hi Peter

Congrats on your work, very much appreciated!

In this latest version, Sol 2.1.3 the day lights are very bright. Is there a way to turn these down with out effecting night lights.

With most cars I like the dash lights to be on during the day. Before (Sol 2.0.3) one could turn lights on and you could barely see them during the day, now lights are very bright.

Is it possible just to activate dash lights during the day?

Hopefully you can help, thank you!

I second this. I've read from quite a few people about issues with the big re-do of SOL 2.0 and ongoing.
I would really like to have the last version before that big 2.0 to be stored somewhere as "Final SOL 1.xx" :)

I know 1.5.7 was bundled in with ver 2.0.# (I use this for better performance in VR), this might still be the case for 2.1.#

Attachments

• sol 1_5_7.jpg
    sol 1_5_7.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 45
Maybe better to go to CSP Discord Server. It's a RainFX thing.
I have the same problem, many cars take "forever" to appear wet, others just 1 or 2 minutes, and after i tried several things, i found that the difference was being caused by using the Sol 2.1 controller script on WeatherFX. If i choose the 2.0 controller script, everything works fine.
This issue seems to only affect cars, the tracks themselves are affected by the rain as per normal.

I have the same problem, many cars take "forever" to appear wet, others just 1 or 2 minutes, and after i tried several things, i found that the difference was being caused by using the Sol 2.1 controller script on WeatherFX. If i choose the 2.0 controller script, everything works fine.
This issue seems to only affect cars, the tracks themselves are affected by the rain as per normal.
It's not realy onto Sol. The car's wetness is very dependent to the RainFX "water" parameter. This controls the amount of puddles. If this is 1, the cars getting instantly "wet". BUT! With the development of rainFX's physics by Ilja and JPG_18, there was an advice to not go over 0.5 / 50% of water for the usual situation. Only for very catastrophic weather the value could be higher.

With Sol 2.0 controller this is not updated. Only the Sol 2.1 controller has the recommended water amount. If water (puddles) is too high, the physics will react "realistic" on that and you will have a very slippery driving.

So coming to an end with this: CSP needs to be updated to have the car's wettnes not be related to "water". That's why cars do not getting wet fast with Sol 2.1 controller script. With Sol 2.0 controller script, the water amount is much higher and so cars getting wet faster...

Hi Peter

In this latest version, Sol 2.1.3 the day lights are very bright. Is there a way to turn these down with out effecting night lights.

With most cars I like the dash lights to be on during the day. Before (Sol 2.0.3) one could turn lights on and you could barely see them during the day, now lights are very bright.

Hi Peter

Please have a look in Sol_config app and manual. There are settings for day and night of emissive and bounced light.

It's not realy onto Sol. The car's wetness is very dependent to the RainFX "water" parameter. This controls the amount of puddles. If this is 1, the cars getting instantly "wet". BUT! With the development of rainFX's physics by Ilja and JPG_18, there was an advice to not go over 0.5 / 50% of water for the usual situation. Only for very catastrophic weather the value could be higher.

With Sol 2.0 controller this is not updated. Only the Sol 2.1 controller has the recommended water amount. If water (puddles) is too high, the physics will react "realistic" on that and you will have a very slippery driving.

So coming to an end with this: CSP needs to be updated to have the car's wettnes not be related to "water". That's why cars do not getting wet fast with Sol 2.1 controller script. With Sol 2.0 controller script, the water amount is much higher and so cars getting wet faster...
Thank you for the technical explanation. I will quote this on the Patreon page so it is explained there as well.

Yeah - I've stayed put on csp 1.46 as going up further versions I tend to have periodic "race cancelled" on my local LAN when racing with my kids when I set weatherfx to on, so I'm after Sol version 1.4.2 but can't seem to get it anywhere...

Last edited:
Hi,

Recently started on SOL and changed my game. Only problem is that on Le Grand Circuit the moon was extremely bright, blindingly. Is there a way to fix this? not sure if my noob settings are to blame.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%