Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
So in the last weeks, i worked on a new weatherFX script.

Its called "Pure".

Pure will lead to a very simple usage of lights. Because there are no more adaptions needed to bring day and night in context.
For nighttime i was focused on the current level of lights like in all CSP light configs. So no changing is needed in those config!!!

Also i tried to reduce many things i done in Sol. Pure is pure! There are very minor adaptions to let the weather look like it should look. The weather looks just right out of its creation and not because its adaption in the post processing. So the main mechanic in Pure is an adapted exposure! And everything is working like it should, if Autoexposure is used. But thats the physics we also use in reality...

Pure also has a way better fog code. Maybe you know there is 1 single fog in CSP/weatherFX. With this single fog you must create the world. In Pure i build a fog engine which also creates this single fog at the end, but in it, it has several fog stages, which interfer with each other. The stages also interfer with sun and ambient light and they influence sun and ambient light.

After some time of development and comparing it with the reality, i had a good feeling. BUT its a different feel if you are sitting in front of a monitor and IMO Sol is realy good in faking the reality. So i compared Sol and Pure...

What should I say, Pure is way ahead of Sol!

So i like to present you some screenshots of today and a simple message:
"Things will be much better in the near future"

A little transition from night to day:
A8bzwhW.jpg

IwgPaFq.jpg

qdSb4Yv.jpg

UGMDjhO.jpg

bceZX85.jpg

HMRByhD.jpg

dMyPYF5.jpg

WZ3zqsY.jpg

m8WTyWu.jpg

Last edited:
In its current stage, Pure also has a dynamic ambient light. So the most important light, is adapting to the surrounding scenery and this makes a huge difference over Sol.

Due to the process is good, I decided to release it to only my patreons in some days. The main reason is, I can't give any support - everything is in development. The next big step is to integrate night light pollution and of cource, a simple cloud engine.

So whats the future of Sol then?
Sol 3 will use Pure as its stable base and put its features on top of it!

Actually in CSP there is no Snow atm. So those Snow weather should look just bright with a reduced distant view according to the level of Snow (light - heavy). It should look overcasted with a bright and dense fog.
ah ok that makes sense then. I can only imagine if snow ever does get implemented (and I don't mean snow as in track skins) it'll be something else for sure lol

This looks absolutely incredible and it's everything I was hoping for. The current fog bothered me, and it's clear that this Pure thing fixes that and more. Amazing work! I can't wait.

Will fog be more dynamic in the future as well then? Anything you can say about that?

In its current stage, Pure also has a dynamic ambient light. So the most important light, is adapting to the surrounding scenery and this makes a huge difference over Sol.

Due to the process is good, I decided to release it to only my patreons in some days. The main reason is, I can't give any support - everything is in development. The next big step is to integrate night light pollution and of cource, a simple cloud engine.

So whats the future of Sol then?
Sol 3 will use Pure as its stable base and put its features on top of it!
will this be anymore taxing on the system performance than "old" SOL? As I understood it, you basically turn the original AC lighting all the way off and add the sun as an extra light source?

will this be anymore taxing on the system performance than "old" SOL? As I understood it, you basically turn the original AC lighting all the way off and add the sun as an extra light source?
No it's the same system, but sunlight and ambient light are much brighter. So this is compensated like in reality by a lower exposure.

You got a new difference of sunlight and CSP lights then. That's all, plus I recoded everything to look much more realistic.

Здравствуйте, когда я в Sol Planner включаю дождь, то дождя нет, а погода поменялась, в чем проблема, помогите пожалуйста!)

If you have some problems with the wiper's control in Sol Panner app, please switch off Sol_weather's wiper control:
1630600735921.png

Its the reason why your wiper's are still automatic, even if you set it to manual in Sol Planner app.

Hi, so I'm new to ac and I just got it yesterday. I looked up a Youtube video on how to download mods and all that and it said to download sol. So I did but now when I go to a race or anything the sky is black on every track. I don't know why and I don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.