Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Peter. When i drive the taatus the sond is different than before with sol 1.52. I mean to hear thunder or wind till i drive , but i dont know what it is. Can you help me . Excause my bad english , i am from germany
Ab Sol 1.6 gibt es Geräusche wie Donner und Wind, je nachdem welches Wetter eingestellt ist.

There are thunder and wind sound since Sol 1.6...

Bei dem Wetter few Clouds dürfte das aber doch nicht sein oder.
Sprichst du Deutsch Peter?
Ich habe in Sol auch mal Wind Thunder komplett runtergeregelt, aber ich habe das Gefühl bei gleichem Wetter- few Clouds hört sich das irgendwie anders an als vorher. Davor hatte ich csp 1.52 mit sol 1.5.5 von dir

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I was not thinking about update , as i'm very happpy with my current setup , which I was tweaking for quite a while to get it where I like it :)
but damn, seeing that Laguna Seca makes me wanna think about updaring it

plus if I understand correctly, to get most of the the new rainFX, I might need to have SOL 2.0, don't I ?

I was not thinking about update , as i'm very happpy with my current setup , which I was tweaking for quite a while to get it where I like it :)
but damn, seeing that Laguna Seca makes me wanna think about updaring it

plus if I understand correctly, to get most of the the new rainFX, I might need to have SOL 2.0, don't I ?
Yes and you need CSP 1.69preview1, a patreon supporter version.

Yes and you need CSP 1.69preview1, a patreon supporter version.
So it only works good on 1.69preview1?
Does it turn on and off rain in older like 167?
I had 169.preview1 for a week with SOL 2.0 and game was very laggy and performed bad(on a very good PC even worse with weathers without rain!).So I reverted to 167 and game is smooth but now I have to turn on Rain drops in RainFX section of CSP to have rain and off to not have it.I dont even have old rain if I turn it off in RainFX.
I didnt try your latest update.I think its a CSP 169 issue on my system...
Thanks for your hard and oustanding work!

Last edited:
So it only works good on 1.69preview1?
Does it turn on and off rain in older like 167?
I had 169.preview1 for a week with SOL 2.0 and game was very laggy and performed bad(on a very good PC even worse with weathers without rain!).So I reverted to 167 and game is smooth but now I have to turn on Rain drops in RainFX section of CSP to have rain and off to not have it.I dont even have old rain if I turn it off in RainFX.
I didnt try your latest update.I think its a CSP 169 issue on my system...
Thanks for your hard and oustanding work!
Maybe you could try to reset your CSP settings in your documentations folder \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
Backup it before...

well, back to dwaring board, I'm now getting yet again too strong key light and too much contrast, doesn't look like this anymore :(

I seem to have lost a lot of ambient light now
audi (2).jpg
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_pm3dm_autodrom_most_4-8-120-0-7-40.jpg

not exactly the same weather I suppose, but this was before
Screenshot_pm3dm_toyota_altis_touring_autodrom_most_15-5-120-20-31-10.jpg

and this is now
20201223142117_1.jpg

there is so much less ambient light/contribution now for some reason

Edit. I ran the uninstall to delete all the stuff and it looks a bit different now, so maybe it needed fresh uninstall, especially if there was something left in my documents

Last edited:
Only launching at night time for some reason, I installed the SOL files and dragged to the assetto corsa file
1. You updated CSP to 1.68? or at least to 1.63?
2. You copied 4 folders to AC root folder (\steamapps\common\assettocorsa)?

If weatherFX still stuck, open the sol_weather app ingame and post a screenshot of it, like it is said in the install guide...

well, back to dwaring board, I'm now getting yet again too strong key light and too much contrast, doesn't look like this anymore :(

I seem to have lost a lot of ambient light now View attachment 429586View attachment 429587

not exactly the same weather I suppose, but this was before
View attachment 429589
and this is now
View attachment 429590

there is so much less ambient light/contribution now for some reason

Edit. I ran the uninstall to delete all the stuff and it looks a bit different now, so maybe it needed fresh uninstall, especially if there was something left in my documents
You could try the __Sol_LDR PPfilter. Its made to have less highlight and more mid and low lights....

I found bugs. I don't know is it related to your job or related to CM

Type A.:
- doesn't matter which weather was selected in CM / Drive, the session always start with the last selection applied by Sol Plan selector app

a.jpg a2.jpg

Type B.:
- you can select multiple option in the same time instead of only one

b.jpg

Type C.:
- if you change from rainy weather to dry by Weather Plan selector, then the rain drops will freeze on the glass, wiper blades never clear the windscreen in dry condition even you start them and wiper blades the animation works, but the rain drops still remains. From external viewpoints the rain drops will disappear, but remains from the internal views

Last edited:
I found bugs. I don't know is it related to your job or related to CM

Type A.:
- doesn't matter which weather was selected in CM / Drive, the session always start with the last selection applied by Sol Plan selector app

View attachment 429751 View attachment 429752

Type B.:
- you can select multiple option in the same time instead of only one

View attachment 429753

Type C.:
- if you change from rainy weather to dry by Weather Plan selector, then the rain drops will freeze on the glass, wiper blades never clear the windscreen in dry condition even you start them and wiper blades the animation works, but the rain drops still remains. From external viewpoints the rain drops will disappear, but remains from the internal views
A) You can deactivate this in the Settings of the Sol_weather app. Just reset it to defaults or uncheck the weather plan restore option.

B) It's selectable multiple times, because you are in the weather plan creator mode. Then you can use those buttons to add and select a new weather type to a weather slot. You also see, which weather you already chosen.

C) This is actually a restriction/bug of the current state of rainFX development. It will be fixed with the final release...

Last edited:
Evening all and Happy Christmas everyone!

I'm on CSP 1.46 and if go higher I have stutters sometimes so am happy with 1.46 - I have a so so PC anyway. Which version of SOL will be the least demanding on my PC. I would like some of the benefits of the lighting of SOL etc.. but I'm not after the best effects, just wondering which version would be the least impact on my PC. Appreciate a recommendation - thanks. And a big thumbs up to Peter for giving his love to Assetto!

EDIT: I think I got it fixed now! my PP filter switched back to SOL for some reason

question about the AE auto exposure calibration
I turned it, and now everything is super bright, ..how do I get it back to what it was?

I belive I only turned the calibrate on, and next time I launched new session, this is what it looked like

20201224125351_1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it is because of Sol but never happened before the 2.0 update, but the fireworks are going crazy and they keep exploding non stop

I don't know if it is because of Sol but never happened before the 2.0 update, but the fireworks are going crazy and they keep exploding non stop
Has nothing todo with Sol. This is a CSP feature and related to a certain activition script. If there is a script to do firework at certain days of the year, like these days for celebrating christmas. You can switch this off here:
1608891678805.png

Last edited:
Evening all and Happy Christmas everyone!

I'm on CSP 1.46 and if go higher I have stutters sometimes so am happy with 1.46 - I have a so so PC anyway. Which version of SOL will be the least demanding on my PC. I would like some of the benefits of the lighting of SOL etc.. but I'm not after the best effects, just wondering which version would be the least impact on my PC. Appreciate a recommendation - thanks. And a big thumbs up to Peter for giving his love to Assetto!

I'm no Peter, but SOL 2.0 for me was a big improvement in performance. I would say upgrading is a must if you are struggling with performance.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events