Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Noticed that 'black' clouds appear from time to time...at least while my test @Brands Hatch...can't describe it correct...it was some kind of flashing when the black clods appeared and covered or replaced the white clouds.
Edit: changed the pp-filter to 'sol_extra' and the clouds are looking okay now...strange:)

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question. I like to switch between Sol 1.6 and 2.0 quite often. I've been doing it by uninstalling\reinstalling manually. If I was to drop each versions folder into the Mods folder and enable\disable via CM whichever version I want to use, would there be any kind of conflict this would cause between versions? Doing it manually is getting to be a pain, but it is the recommended method. Thanks...

EDIT: Tried and everything seems to work except when disabling Sol 2.0 it doesn't seem to want to get rid of the Custom Weather app from CM or the app folder in the python directory of AC. Easy enough fix to manually delete it. Much easier than doing everything manually.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question. I like to switch between Sol 1.6 and 2.0 quite often. I've been doing it by uninstalling\reinstalling manually. If I was to drop each versions folder into the Mods folder and enable\disable via CM whichever version I want to use, would there be any kind of conflict this would cause between versions? Doing it manually is getting to be a pain, but it is the recommended method. Thanks...

EDIT: Tried and everything seems to work except when disabling Sol 2.0 it doesn't seem to want to get rid of the Custom Weather app from CM or the app folder in the python directory of AC. Easy enough fix to manually delete it. Much easier than doing everything manually.

The instructions recommend manual installation.

Quick question: in the new CSP preferred settings, it is no longer mentioned to untick 'Use proper physically-based sampling' in Reflections FX, like previous Sol.
Do we need to revert it back (default)?

thanks for all the hard work and quality @Peter Boese am I missing something or do the "old" version of the rain from SOL 1.6X no longer work? on CSP 1.68? previously i was on CSP 1.60 and SOL 1.6X and would get wiper animation and rain on the windscreen but it seems like it no longer works? Is this because of the CSP rain deal that is in the works?

thanks for all the hard work and quality @Peter Boese am I missing something or do the "old" version of the rain from SOL 1.6X no longer work? on CSP 1.68? previously i was on CSP 1.60 and SOL 1.6X and would get wiper animation and rain on the windscreen but it seems like it no longer works? Is this because of the CSP rain deal that is in the works?
1608544010712.png

Is there anyone else who found the same bug (?)
No snowflakes comes until i click on Rain Debug / Debug rain in Weather FX Debug window. Rain works, but snow doesn't work.

Here's a sample video:

Hi Peter. When i drive the taatus the sond is different than before with sol 1.52. I mean to hear thunder or wind till i drive , but i dont know what it is. Can you help me . Excause my bad english , i am from germany

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events