Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just installed the beta and was wondering if there was a way to tell if it is installed and working correctly other than looking at the clouds. Honestly, I use a dynamic weather plan in almost every driving session but I don't think I ever really paid attention to the clouds or sky. I just knew that things changed, so I don't know what i'm looking for to know it is working right. It probably is because the installation overwrote 300+ files so something has to be different.
Just look in the video on the overview page, how to check version...

Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

Sky presets and 3d clouds

DbvFDUA.jpg

Please read the install guide
Sol 1.5 install guide

To activate the 3d clouds, goto page 6 of sol_config app, but be aware, they will cost you fps !!!
[IMG...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I didn't notice a significant hit, if any. And just so you can compare, I have a ryzen 5 3600 with a GTX 1660 video card. The nice thing is you don't have to use the 3d clouds. Peter left in the option to continue to use the 2D clouds. In fact, it defaults to the 2D clouds. If you want to try the 3D version, you have to enable them in the sol_config app.

Posted another thread about some issues Im having with Smart Shadows but hopefully I can get some help here instead. Im having an issue where if I turn my head in VR, shadows will disappear. If I uncheck Custom Shadow Matrices then shadows stay but they dont look nearly as sharp. I installed 1.5 today but still having this issue. Any ideas? Is Smart Shadows not compatible with VR?

Posted another thread about some issues Im having with Smart Shadows but hopefully I can get some help here instead. Im having an issue where if I turn my head in VR, shadows will disappear. If I uncheck Custom Shadow Matrices then shadows stay but they dont look nearly as sharp. I installed 1.5 today but still having this issue. Any ideas? Is Smart Shadows not compatible with VR?
It's not related to Sol. It's an very old issue with the shadows handling in AC. The "Smart Shadows" Modul of CSP is trying to compensate some issues. You tried to use the settings I posted und the install guide. There is a chapter of "recommended CSP settings".

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 4.7%